• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 26th: SM123 - Master the Z-Move! Kaki's Fierce Boot Camp!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm somewhat upset that the episode seems to focus more on the SM boys than we were originally led to believe. I wanted to see the whole cast attend Kaki's training sessions so that we would see Mao, Lilie, and Suiren practice their Z-Moves as well, but just seeing Kaki, Satoshi, and Maamane hanging out together as the main part of the plot doesn't bode well. The girls will probably have to practice mostly off-screen.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
If Mallow and Lillie get their own episodes to learn their z moves, this could ultimately be a good thing. I'm sure they've got something special planned for Lillie's at least. Hopefully Mallow gets her own big moment though, and doesn't just learn it off screen here.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Crawdaunt, nice!
I'm really interested in learning Turtonator's backstory, and seeing more of Vikavolt's personality fleshed out

I do hope we get to see Mallow actually get to use her z-move before the League though. Since everyone else will have

Sounds like this is an episode with minimal involvement from the girls...

Good, it's better that way

p96822

Evolve me please
Why are people so excited for a Crawdaunt. It's just a Crawdaunt not a legendary Pokemon with a Mega Evolution.

Reading this summary make me feel like why do these Z Moves fail? I really think like the anime is just not giving a good reason why Z move has to fail when there used like Lycanroc or Popplio. Really the trainer doesn't have to do anything for the sort of that type of training, the Pokemon should be doing all these things. It would be more understandable if the Z moves in the anime does work like it does in the game and Sophocles need to teach his Vikavolt an offensive bug type move

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Why are people so excited for a Crawdaunt. It's just a Crawdaunt not a legendary Pokemon with a Mega Evolution.

Reading this summary make me feel like why do these Z Moves fail? I really think like the anime is just not giving a good reason why Z move has to fail when there used like Lycanroc or Popplio. Really the trainer doesn't have to do anything for the sort of that type of training, the Pokemon should be doing all these things. It would be more understandable if the Z moves in the anime does work like it does in the game and Sophocles need to teach his Vikavolt an offensive bug type move
People can’t like a Pokèmon who hasn’t been prominent in a long time to finally get some screen time?

Kintaro

Banned
Crawdaunt reminds you the writers probably didn't evolve Ash's Corphish because of it's part dark type in the evolution. Back in the older days a main character owning a dragon or dark type pokemon was unthinkable.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Crawdaunt reminds you the writers probably didn't evolve Ash's Corphish because of it's part dark type in the evolution. Back in the older days a main character owning a dragon or dark type pokemon was unthinkable.

Which is funny because they mostly ignored the Dark typing for Ash's Pokémon barrimg Krookodile's Bite/Crunch which then got replaced by Aerial Ace.

Kintaro

Banned
Which is funny because they mostly ignored the Dark typing for Ash's Pokémon barrimg Krookodile's Bite/Crunch which then got replaced by Aerial Ace.

Yeah, I also think it's the same reason we saw no dragon pokemon on the cast till Ash's Gible, which is why people were so shocked Ash got a dragon pokemon at the time. They didn't let May keep Swablu because it was a dragon.

wellwellwells

Yeah, I also think it's the same reason we saw no dragon pokemon on the cast till Ash's Gible, which is why people were so shocked Ash got a dragon pokemon at the time. They didn't let May keep Swablu because it was a dragon.

MESS, I had forgotten about this. May really deserved that blue bird :(

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
I notice Torracat is showing up here, despite not having a z move it can even use.

Talk about rubbing salt in the wound, lol.

Maybe this'll foreshadow it getting a z crystal in the next episode though. They've done a lot of "Hmm, I sure wish I had this *thing they're going to get in the next couple of episodes*" this saga, especially lately.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member

In the older series, Dragon-types were considered to be in the same category as legendaries. Dratini was even called a "Legendary Pokemon" by Professor Oak in "The Legend of Dratini". That changed as more dragons were introduced, but it took some time.

I don't think there was any particular reason Ash didn't have Dark types in earlier regions, but Nanu basically implied Ash isn't suited for them.

DatsRight

Well Sophocles at least looks like he's having a training spar with Kiawe, and the Crawdaunt actually looks like something of a threat. Sophocles has officially done more legit training than Mallow and Lana.

I love they're still going with Vikavolt, he's not another likeable Pokemon whose arc is declared over just because he evolved like poor Sylveon. I wonder what attack Vikavolt has to learn the Z Move however.

Oh and looks like Charizard will get some screentime as well, that's much appreciated as it needs characterisation more than Kiawe's other Pokemon.

Last edited:

Remix2

Yup it only the boys doing the actual training.

Either the girl get there own episode to master the z move, or(and the most likely scenario) they’re going to have them do it offscreen since the writer don’t care about the girls this series.

DatsRight

Yup it only the boys doing the actual training.

Either the girl get there own episode to master the z move, or(and the most likely scenario) they’re going to have them do it offscreen since the writer don’t care about the girls this series.

I hope at least Lillie gets the screentime. I find myself liking her and Sophocles since there is at least emphasis on them being non-battlers but not "falling upward" into powerhouses like Mallow and Lana. They do have to TRY, and take lumps along the way.

The girls getting at least a second ensemble episode to themselves or even just an Ash and Lillie duo episode would be great (I'd love to see Ash mentoring Lillie actually).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.