• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 27th: PM2019 112 - A Triumphant Return! The Alola Champion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
What the **** is this conversation
I was expecting people whining about whether Alola is a legitimate league or not, let’s face it people still don’t think it’s a league at all but denialism is par for the internet, and not whatever the hell this is

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I was expecting people whining about whether Alola is a legitimate league or not,

That's the show's fault. Ash shouldn't be called champion only when the show feels like it.

Then there'd be no debate.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
It’s so whack that Ash is the Alola Champion only when he’s in Alola as if it’s some self contained bubble.
to be fair Alola kinda is a self-contained bubble

Master Pikachu 11

It’s so whack that Ash is the Alola Champion only when he’s in Alola as if it’s some self contained bubble.

Lance is Champion outside of Kanto/Johto, Steven is outside of Hoenn, Cynthia is outside of Sinnoh, Iris is outside of Unova and Diantha with Kalos

Again stupid
I wonder if he is going bring up that he is in top 8 of the PWC. Anyway I am not surprised by this because I have not seen anybody from Alola in the PWCs like I would think someone like Ilima who like Ash has both Mega evolution and Z moves. I would think he would be one of the few that would participate in this tournament, but no there was nobody that was in this tournament from this region and they didn’t have to have Ash battle them as they could have been like Flint and had a cameo appearance as a challenger.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Serena activates her Battle Bond ability and becomes Ash-Serena.
800px-XY115.png
Technically since the Bond Phenomenon is when trainer and Pokémon “become one” wouldn’t Ash-Serena happen when..
yeah...
smirks
I thought this was a kids show…

Phineas and Ferb
While it was hinted at early in the show (like the first time travel episode), Phineas and Isabella didn’t become an official couple until after a time-skip to their late teens.

tsunamimijumaru

I wonder if he is going bring up that he is in top 8 of the PWC. Anyway I am not surprised by this because I have not seen anybody from Alola in the PWCs like I would think someone like Ilima who like Ash has both Mega evolution and Z moves. I would think he would be one of the few that would participate in this tournament, but no there was nobody that was in this tournament from this region and they didn’t have to have Ash battle them as they could have been like Flint and had a cameo appearance as a challenger.
I always thought an Ash vs Ilima could have been cool to show off someone from Alola in the PWC and give us a battle we never got in SM. Ash pretty much beat most of the game characters in that series but there's others like Acerola, Mina, Kahili and Molayne he never battled but the way SM portrayed these characters it wouldn't have been realistic. Molayne never portrayed as a battler despite being an E4. Acerola doesn't strike me as the competitive type. Kahili didn't even make top 16 in the league and Mina lost to Soph of all people.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I wouldn't really call any of those opponents (except Kukui) to be very powerful and put Ash on the edge.

Which I hope means that Ash is realizing drawbacks of being a Champion, and really start thinking why he should beat Leon and bear the weight of being the World Champion.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
No way that's real.
I honestly think it makes sense
Kiawe got his time in the first alola episode, so did Mallow because atleast there was proper exposition about how she's pretty much accomplished her goal, Sophs and Lillie got their episode, so it makes sense Lana will get some prominence and that Lillie will be interested in battling as well post Mohn
Makes the most sense to me

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
I honestly think it makes sense
Kiawe got his time in the first alola episode, so did Mallow because atleast there was proper exposition about how she's pretty much accomplished her goal, Sophs and Lillie got their episode, so it makes sense Lana will get some prominence and that Lillie will be interested in battling as well post Mohn
Makes the most sense to me
I can't see Lana and Lillie not being destroyed in seconds if Ash uses Pikachu. Only Kukui's incineroar will be able to keep up.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I can't see Lana and Lillie not being destroyed in seconds if Ash uses Pikachu. Only Kukui's incineroar will be able to keep up.
I mean Lillie might be using A.Ninetales and Lana might be using Vaporeon
Sure they'll get kicked out soon enough but they can put up a decent fight
I don't expect the whole battle to last the episode anyway esp as this ep is probably the 'finale' to SM episodes in JN, like how the Arceus 4-parter was the finale to DP episodes in JN

Status
Not open for further replies.