• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 27th: PM2019 112 - A Triumphant Return! The Alola Champion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
So maybe he loses here, starts to have a smaller but less comedic depression arc and Paul motivates
him back(in his way, of course)

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Was Ash's status as the Champion of Alola even acknowledged during his battle with Iris?

I wonder if maybe its all a big misunderstanding and he isn't a Champion in the sense that Cynthia is the Champion of Sinnoh but rather he's just the champion of the current year's Manalo Conference and just so happened to be the very first one ever since it had just been founded.

BlueDragonfangirl

So maybe he loses here, starts to have a smaller but less comedic depression arc and Paul motivates
him back(in his way, of course)
Who’d know his contact number? How would he know about this?

I like the thought of Paul being here due to him being still being an active rival but that’d be weird LOL.
But I think that after this episode he won't be the Champion of Alola anymore.
That’d be just stupid, why would they have thst in the title than? No.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Losing Alola Champion title to become the world monarch later would be epic, but I think it would be too harsh for the usual poke anime
And I don't even think a battle royale would count for him to lose his title, if any battle would count Leon already lost his title to Eternatus
Buuut there is still a middle term... After losing the BR, people start to doubt him and this makes Ash feel bad

Gingertail24

Losing Alola Champion title to become the world monarch later would be epic, but I think it would be too harsh for the usual poke anime
And I don't even think a battle royale would count for him to lose his title, if any battle would count Leon already lost his title to Eternatus
Buuut there is still a middle term... After losing the BR, people start to doubt him and this makes Ash feel bad
Why not keep both. I don't see why losing the champion would benefit him at all. So he beats an elite 4 but loses his championship?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It just wouldn't make sense. So he has a battle royale with his friends, who should be much weaker than him. After beating not just raihan, but Wallace, and an e4. Idk
Anything can happen now that the Iris battle destroyed any realistic powerscaling

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
It just wouldn't make sense. So he has a battle royale with his friends, who should be much weaker than him. After beating not just raihan, but Wallace, and an e4. Idk
It isn't against his friends though, in the summary it says they are other powerful opponents
idk if they're e4 level though but losing to someone weaker before beating someone stronger would give him a hit anyway

BlueDragonfangirl

I agree, let Ash keep his champion title but get another title on top of that.
Raise the stakes since if Ash loses to Leon he would be left with nothing
Do you want this Journey’s series to get hated on more? People already pissed they didn’t say it during that one episode.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Was Ash's status as the Champion of Alola even acknowledged during his battle with Iris?

I wonder if maybe its all a big misunderstanding and he isn't a Champion in the sense that Cynthia is the Champion of Sinnoh but rather he's just the champion of the current year's Manalo Conference and just so happened to be the very first one ever since it had just been founded.
It wasn’t. Technically iris was also brought up by drayden and not the drone who doesn’t do intros. But her champion status in the battle was acknowledged in the summer special as part of an in-universe PWC coverage.

Eh it’s debatable i guess, i think everyoneIs just waiting for a clear clarification. I looked at the article on oricon about the M8, in it ash was described as the first alola league champion. The thing is all the other champions are just called ‘their region’ champion. No ‘league’ in the middle. While alain is called the kalos league winner, and not the same champion spelling. So i guess ash is in between?

@Dephender can you confirm if any of the other champions have ever been described like that? And i’m assuming the Japanese tittle of the episode is just alola champion and not alola league champion?

Gingertail24

It isn't against his friends though, in the summary it says they are other powerful opponents
idk if they're e4 level though but losing to someone weaker before beating someone stronger would give him a hit anyway
My issue is that ash himself rarely brings up he is the Alolan champion. Idk, him losing to people who should be much weaker to him, especially because he is the strongest trainer in Alola after beating kukui, is just terrible power scaling.

Also seems out of character for ash to say "I have nothing left". He had "nothing" left before the Alola win and it never bother him.

DayQuil95

"The venue is completely crowded because Alola Champion Satoshi is back!"
If they have him lose to someone that isn't from Masters 8 in here, this will be even more disrespectful for him. Not only did they completely ignore the title through all of Journeys, but then have him lose the ONE time he's not the underdog.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Alola doesn't have an Elite Four in the anime, so it makes sense for it to only have the league winner as the champion
My issue is that ash himself rarely brings up he is the Alolan champion. Idk, him losing to people who should be much weaker to him, especially because he is the strongest trainer in Alola after beating kukui, is just terrible power scaling.

Also seems out of character for ash to say "I have nothing left". He had "nothing" left before the Alola win and it never bother him.
He had nothing and was fine because he never had anything before(except Orange and BF), but losing something maybe could affect him
Still, I still think it would be too harsh and indeed out of character, just wanted to comment on the possibility xD

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
What I'm gonna say will obviously trigger some people but the reason Ash might be recognized here as Champion and not at major events is likely cause he's seen as a local hero in Alola. Happens plenty of times in sports where an athlete might have won something, even if not so significant, but is seen as a hero in the area (cause they don't produce athletes often). I get similar vibes here. Alola isn't a region known for battling, so Ash winning the region's first event is a great source of joy within Alola, but not necessarily a major event known internationally.

Status
Not open for further replies.