• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 27th: PM2019 112 - A Triumphant Return! The Alola Champion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I do wonder if Ash's Solgaleo (Nebby) returns in this episode. (This was confirmed on March 31st by the official account that operates the anime that he owns Solgaleo). Just wondering, think it would be neat. To celebrate his return.
The montage doesn't prove anything, Nebby was never Ash's.

MegaSalamence05

The montage doesn't prove anything, Nebby was never Ash's.
So you're telling me the people over there assembled a montage highlighting Ash's 25 years in the anime. Included a Pokemon that Ash is the only person on record to own it's Z Crystal. Only for another individual to state that it wasn't his. What kind of logic is that. Just because we visually on screen didn't see it go into a Pokeball? (Hey there Mr. Mime) if the official administrators acknowledge it. That's it, end of discussion.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
tbf we used to get material that said Mr Mime was Ash's and we all thought that was a mistake until Journeys
So you're telling me the people over there assembled a montage highlighting Ash's 25 years in the anime. Included a Pokemon that Ash is the only person on record to own it's Z Crystal. Only for another individual to state that it wasn't his. What kind of logic is that. Just because we visually on screen didn't see it go into a Pokeball? (Hey there Mr. Mime) if the official administrators acknowledge it. That's it, end of discussion.
Guys, the montage had Larvitar, another Pokémon Ash has never caught.

bmw9413

I'm curious how this episode will affect his performance in the PWC...is it just another tournament for fun, or to boost his confidence for the M8 battles? Also I wouldn't be surprised if he DID lose his Alola title to give his Champion win more meaning....after all, Alola League WAS recently established and had no requirements to participate. And since most fans don't consider it to be an official league (he should have won the Sinnoh or Kalos League) maybe the writers are trying to undo/overwrite their mistake? Idk.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Chance of Rocketness: 25%

I hope they remember they used to do comentaries in the Battle Royales.

I hope they remember like I remember that in November you are never going to see him again...

"Ba de ya"

It confirm that Ash is Champion of Alola, not just Manalo Conference Winner. For comparison, Alain is Lumiose Conference Winner.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Sincerely waiting for some Alola dad/son moment where Kukui gives Ash some advice about look for other ways to become better, even if he’s the best trainer in the region and currently the world’s 8th best.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
And? While Ash never officially caught Larvitar and Nebby they were pretty much his Pokémon considering he specifically raised them.
The comment they replied to was in response to someone saying Ash 'owns' Solgaleo, which he does not. They're not 'his' Pokémon, they're Pokémon he raised, but never caught.

MegaSalamence05

Guys, the montage had Larvitar, another Pokémon Ash has never caught.
Its the whole debate if Haunter was included which it wasn't at all.

The only two specific inclusions were Larvitar and Solgaleo. So my point is by the anime's standard itself is that it was always intended Ash to catch these 2 Pokemon literally. It ends the discussion. Could I have phrased it better probably but I'm going by that montage and that's intent.

Meloetta had an argument but it wasn't meant to be.
Raticate, Beedrill, Seaking aren't included at all and he owned them for 5 seconds tops.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
To be fair, there was official art from the game’s artist by the time celebrating Ash’s Alola League win and solgaleo is counted as his pokemon.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Its the whole debate if Haunter was included which it wasn't at all.

The only two specific inclusions were Larvitar and Solgaleo. So my point is by the anime's standard itself is that it was always intended Ash to catch these 2 Pokemon literally. It ends the discussion. Could I have phrased it better probably but I'm going by that montage and that's intent.

Meloetta had an argument but it wasn't meant to be.
Raticate, Beedrill, Seaking aren't included at all and he owned them for 5 seconds tops.
To be fair, there was official art from the game’s artist by the time celebrating Ash’s Alola League win and solgaleo is counted as his pokemon.
The day they officially confirm Ash to be Solgaleo's trainer, I'll buy this. Till then, I'll believe it was them retroactively trying to please people by letting them pretend Ash is Solgaleo's trainer, without actually making it official.

Status
Not open for further replies.