• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 27th: PM2019 112 - A Triumphant Return! The Alola Champion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
for some strange reason I think that Kukui could have a zeraora, I know it sounds a bit crazy but I don't know..
I actually had a theory that Dia is alternative World Kukui, espacially since he had a Litten in the Flashback. And he looks similar to Kukui.

BlueDragonfangirl

Sincerely waiting for some Alola dad/son moment where Kukui gives Ash some advice about look for other ways to become better, even if he’s the best trainer in the region and currently the world’s 8th best.
That'd be cute, I hope that happens.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
If we don’t get Burnet and Kukui watching Ash compete there’s gonna be some trouble or at the very least them showing immense proudness of him here

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
New summary with some additional details:

Satoshi, Go and Koharu go to the Alola region, where Satoshi reunites with his friends from the Pokémon School he hasn't seen in a while. It's also decided he's going going to participate in a Battle Royal, where four Trainers clash at the same time. The venue is completely crowded for the homecoming match of the first Alola Champion, Satoshi! Can he make it through this battle against multiple powerful opponents, including Professor Kukui?

BlueDragonfangirl

So, it’s another champion tournament? I assume since the next is about something else that Ash wins???

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."
So now they remember he's supposed to be a champion. Took them long enough, but ok.

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
So you're telling me the people over there assembled a montage highlighting Ash's 25 years in the anime. Included a Pokemon that Ash is the only person on record to own it's Z Crystal. Only for another individual to state that it wasn't his. What kind of logic is that. Just because we visually on screen didn't see it go into a Pokeball? (Hey there Mr. Mime) if the official administrators acknowledge it. That's it, end of discussion.

It really doesn’t matter though. Mallow never caught Shaymin but I would hardly say it wasn’t her Pokémon. Larvitar and Solgaleo definitely count to me, though I suppose I can see why they wouldn’t to people. Haunter doesn’t really count to me because he was in a single episode, whereas both of them had extra time.

ShadowForce720

Besides Kukui & Ash I would think the other 2 participants would be some combination of Kiawe, Gladion , and/or Mohn.

Also does anyone on why the Pokémon Speculation thread is still locked?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Eh it’s debatable i guess, i think everyoneIs just waiting for a clear clarification. I looked at the article on oricon about the M8, in it ash was described as the first alola league champion. The thing is all the other champions are just called ‘their region’ champion. No ‘league’ in the middle. While alain is called the kalos league winner, and not the same champion spelling. So i guess ash is in between?

@Dephender can you confirm if any of the other champions have ever been described like that?

They haven't been super consistent with how they refer to Champions as of late. Sometimes it's "x region Champion", other times it's "x league Champion". Shirona was called the "Sinnoh Region Pokemon League Champion" not too long ago I believe.

League winner is an entirely different term, yeah (yuushousha). Same with the term used to refer to Dande being "reigning champ" of the PWCS (ouja, the native Japanese term for champion).

And i’m assuming the Japanese tittle of the episode is just alola champion and not alola league champion?

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.