• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 27th: PM2019 112 - A Triumphant Return! The Alola Champion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
There is no way Kawaki would turn up the chance to rumble with Ash again and Kukui too. I could see also between gladion, suiren, Hau, guzma and hapu being the other contestants if they’re not random COTD’s.

Ash better not lose though. I don’t want him to have to go through any sort of stupid depression arc this series.

Aleisterblack123

There is no way Kawaki would turn up the chance to rumble with Ash again and Kukui too. I could see also between gladion, suiren, Hau, guzma and hapu being the other contestants if they’re not random COTD’s.

Ash better not lose though. I don’t want him to have to go through any sort of stupid depression arc this series.
Kawaki? Wrong anime my friend

NeoDude-5000

So we have 3 new episodes revealed including this one, 2 of them are set in the Crown Tundra but this one takes in-between both of them. Could they have just had this episode take place before or after those episodes? That way we could have 2 consecutive episodes in the Crown Tundra without an intermission set in Alola.

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
Exactly who are the other "powerful opponents"? Please don't tell me it's Lana and Kiawe.

I would almost put money on Gladion being one of them. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Kukui, Gladion, and Kiawe since they’re Ash’s biggest “rivals” in Alola, but Mohn, Lusamine, Ilima, Lana, Hau, and Guzma could certainly qualify if they did branch out.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Yay!!! Two episodes in a row with Chloe and she gets to meet everyone <3!!! I wonder if they found Lillie's dad in the last episode and they'll be in this one too??

Nikinini

They haven't been super consistent with how they refer to Champions as of late. Sometimes it's "x region Champion", other times it's "x league Champion". Shirona was called the "Sinnoh Region Pokemon League Champion" not too long ago I believe.

League winner is an entirely different term, yeah (yuushousha). Same with the term used to refer to Dande being "reigning champ" of the PWCS (ouja, the native Japanese term for champion).

Yes.
Daigo was also called "Hoenn Region Pokemon League Champion" in the second Mega Evolution Special.
Maybe "x region Champion" and "x league Champion" mean the same thing because Daigo and Shirona are both Champions of their respective region's Pokemon League, and the other name is just an abreviation. I think that's also how it works in the games, but there the E4+Champion are known as the "Pokemon League", meanwhile the anime has a separate tournament before that that's also called the "Pokemon League", which makes it confusing. Which is why the distinction between "x league Champion" and "x league x conference winner" (which is what Alan is) is important.

Satoshi, like Daigo and Shirona, has been called both, so I think it's pretty clear he's in the same position. It's just that since there was no E4 or Champion yet, winning the League automatically made him a Champion, while Kukui acted as the unofficial Champion due to being the strongest trainer in the region, just like how it happened in the games.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Which is why the distinction between "x league Champion" and "x league x conference winner" (which is what Alan is) is important.

"Conference" is a dumb dub term that resulted from them doubling down on an ancient mistranslation of 大会 (tournament). Alan is the Kalos league winner.

Nikinini

"Conference" is a dumb dub term that resulted from them doubling down on an ancient mistranslation of 大会 (tournament). Alan is the Kalos league winner.
I see. But doesn't that mean "x league x tournament winner" works too? Since they described him as the "Kalos League Miare Tournament Winner".

nuzamaki90

I honestly hope we get some wildcard characters in this match. Kukui obviously, and Kiawe is also pretty likely but what about Hau and Ilima? Ash and Ilima never really got to battle like ever. I’d honestly love if Guzma made a comeback. Just keep the annoying business mogul guy away from this.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
My prediction is:
Ash vs Kukui vs Guzma vs Hapu.

Guzma - After losing in the Alola League, he can rehabilitate himself and take part in pokemon battles, as long as he can improve over his behavior. He may come to challenge the Alola Champion and show him how he has become much stronger than the last time. I would love see Team Skull members cheering on him in stadium. Such a reason could have made his team flood the audience and effectively break Viren's greed in Battle Royale club.

Hapu - The only kahuna who is a one of Ash's best friends. Her Pokémon are ruthlessly tough and stronger and note that there is no water in Battle Royale... that can be a big problem for Ash's Pikachu. And not only that, Hapu is the strongest kahuna in this region after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.