• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 27th: PM2019 112 - A Triumphant Return! The Alola Champion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Yes, in DP there was a clear change in the way he treated Ash after finding out that Ash beat Brandon

However, there may be an issue of like, fan expectation here. You're bringing Paul back and you're not going to have him treat Ash like garbage? That's insane - even if his character was trending that way by the end of DP. Fans will be confused, say he's been turned soft or something, I bet.
Let them, theyre irrelevant
For the narrative and continuity sense, Paul's behaviour needs to be in line with his development

TheNewGuy

Let them, theyre irrelevant
For the narrative and continuity sense, Paul's behaviour needs to be in line with his development

Of course it should, I'm just not sure it'd actually happen

TheNewGuy

By that logic you one would have expected Gary to return to being a primary battler instead of a researcher when he returned in DP and later series and yet that’s not what happened.

They have pretty much been pretty consistent that when they bring back a character like that they don’t undermine there character development.

So yes, Paul returns he is not going to be the exact same jerk that he was in DP. So yeah he is not going to being treating Ash like garbage since he is already past doing that and Ash has gained his respect.

Gary is definitely a good example of this. I hope they don't change him obviously, I just thought maybe they'll use their 1 episode of Paul time to hit the kind of expected Paul notes

And the thing with Paul is that even when he changed, it wasn't drastic. He gave the slightest of smiles, but still carried a rather cold tone of voice and a bit of a scowl most of the time. It's easy for those smaller touches to regress to the basic form of Paul - as opposed to Gary, who did a career 180.

I expect a middle ground though. I'm expecting a Paul who is brutally honest towards Ash to the point of seeming mean, and some brutal tactics, but maybe not a stream of insults as with when they first battled.

BlueDragonfangirl

I just want Paul to call Ash pathetic and maybe reference the Cameron loss and how he stopped following his journey after that.
He beat out Paul of the masters 8 competition and nearly won XY leage and won the championship cup.

Why would Paul have any right to call Ash pathetic now?

I do want Paul to have that competitive ambition to Ash though, challenge him such, it’d be neat if he was the one who gave Ash a hint to the next region.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Because he had to use The Nuke aka 100% success rate detonator never fails ever bomb of “friendship” in order to win. AGAIN.

If the leaks turn out to be true, and Kakui is indeed involved in this fighting Ash again then think about how tough Kakui's incineroar is, and how much it took to take it down the last time these two fought, combine this with the notion that Lillie and Lana (or two others) would be in the battle as well, it means Pikachu could end up getting attacked by a powerhouse and two other pokemon at the same time assuming the girls (or if someone else is there) don't get knocked out first leaving Ash and Kakui to themselves, Either way, it's kind of hard to see Pikachu win in a situation like that without using it's Z-move.

Because we know how much of a monster Kakui's Incineroar is.

Badfemalecompanion

He beat out Paul of the masters 8 competition and nearly won XY leage and won the championship cup.

Why would Paul have any right to call Ash pathetic now?

I do want Paul to have that competitive ambition to Ash though, challenge him such, it’d be neat if he was the one who gave Ash a hint to the next region.
Paul probably only challenged elite four members as part of his goal and beat them all and decided to stop before reaching the top 8, undefeated. Also, he could have defeated Brandon on his second try and beaten all his regis while Ash only beat one.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Please.... didn't anyone caught attention at this much earlier special preview that Ash will use PIKACHU for this battle?

I see anyone still discuss Ash will use Incineroar without checking special preview. Pikachu in fight was seen at Haxorus statue background.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Please.... didn't anyone caught attention at this much earlier special preview that Ash will use PIKACHU for this battle?

I see anyone still discuss Ash will use Incineroar without checking special preview. Pikachu in fight was seen at Haxorus statue background.
Ash using Pikachu has been discussed before in this exact thread multiple times

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
No, only Hapu had all Z-crystals, while Kukui had all fake replices except Tapunium Z, Firium Z and Incinium Z.
I think those being replices is a lie as the writers didn't want to show Kukui is as strong as he is. So, my guess it those were originals.

Even if he has replicates and Hapu has originals, there is someone to give Ash a Z-crystal.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think those being replices is a lie as the writers didn't want to show Kukui is as strong as he is. So, my guess it those were originals.

Even if he has replicates and Hapu has originals, there is someone to give Ash a Z-crystal.
There's no reason for Ash to get Z-Crystals because he is not currently competing in the Island Trials.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Why do the writers hate Ashs Incineroar (and all his reserves)
They don’t want they get in the way of the current team’s development + keep Ash moderately challenged + focus on the current gen (not true to Galar, anyway). Good or bad development is arguable, but, good writers should be able to give some screentime to his old pokemon without have them outshine the current ones.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
You know Ash has plenty of other z crystals would it kill the writers to use one that isn’t a garunteed instant win? How interesting would it be to see one of his JN moms use one for once?
Honestly I was really hoping for Sirfetch'd to use the Steel Z-move vs Drasna's Mega Altaria. But we all know how it ended. I wanted it especially since Ash used the Steel Z-Crystal like once with Pikachu even though he had a Melmetal at his disposal.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Why do people have such a physical arousal for Ash being over confident, losing this and suddenly getting depressed he lost?

He's already learned this lesson multiple times, especially in AG (multiple times within that saga too) and most recently in XY with Ash Greninja.

JN has made clear parallels between Ash and Leon and one of the things Leon has mentioned is that he got scared that he became too strong and that there was little to no competition and that he has peaked in strength. This might be a similar situation where they build up Kukui during the Battle Royale and Ash comes in with Pikachu and completely wrecks every one.

That gives Ash a glimpse into what Leon was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.