• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 27th: PM2019 112 - A Triumphant Return! The Alola Champion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
> Pikachu being used.
> Sponsor segment showing 10MV T-Bolt being dished out.

Yeah no, Ash is not losing. If what Shadao has often theorized doesn't happen, there's another possibility that the entire Alola Champion aspect becomes official and Ash starts to feel the pressure of representing an entire region. You know, the kind of pressure he's never had to feel, because at that point it's no longer about him.
If he wins then how's Paul gonna figure into all of this?

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Omg im most excited for the return of little baby kukui

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Possibly by battling Ash's Journeys team and beating them with Paul calling Ash "pathetic" but doing so not in a really condescending way but in a way that is more like, "Ash, that was pathetic. You're better than this. Much better." Ash then realizes not only the pressure of representing an entire region that has become his second home with his second family, but realizing that he can't let them down. But what will that mean for his team which, while it has faced down and beaten some Elite 4 Trainers and even a Champion in Iris, was done in either a 2-on-2 or a 3-on-3 battle. What if the Masters 8 Tournament is a 6-on-6 tournament? Should he bring in reserves? What effect would that have on his Journeys team? Maybe he remembers his sole victory against Gary and remembers that he did not use Pikachu in that battle and in every other battle against Gary, he used Pikachu and lost. Will he need to use reserves and not some of his weaker Journeys Pokémon in the Masters 8 Tournament? If he did so, would it be fair to the others who would have to win two battles instead of one against Champions and their Pokémon who have likely been with their Trainers for longer than Ash's current team has been with him? How would it affect those who weren't used or were only used once, especially if they lost their only battle? These are all questions that could play in his mind and could even make for a good episode or two and could also play a role in helping him develop as a real Pokémon Master.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
One of the reasons why I advocated that theory is because I realized that Ash getting depressed after losing no longer has the same impact as it once had. Especially after Bea pretty much did it much earlier.

So, what on earth would make Ash depressed now? Especially when he's in the Master 8?
I don’t want him to lose either but just not a fan of him having this problem when its solution will likely be resolved in an unimpressive fashion like it was with Bea. They’re both extremes I’d rather not see.

With his toughest opponents in Alola (minus Guzma) being here along with the emphasis on Ash being Alola’s Champion in both the title & summary (as well as the lack of mentioning it in the Raihan episode) I’d rather they went the approach of him feeling like he has to live up to the title of Alola’s first Champion.

Maybe Satoshi wipes everyone out with his Z-move prematurely and is disappointed that his strongest rivals from the previous series including Kukui are all nothing to him now lol
That’s what will happen because NUKE GO BRRRRR
If The Nuke ever fails (which it probably won’t because the writers have a fetish for that thing) then I will laugh like this

I hate 10MV aka The Nuke because it is a stupid bomb that never ever fails and comes up too much when it doesn’t need to. Aka it’s a DEM.

BlueDragonfangirl

Helping him train for masters 8?

Since the leak for the last episode turned out to be true, him winning will too and I’m happy for that.

This episode looks cute, Goh and Chloe don’t need to be here.

MegaSalamence05

In competition if you're the favourite, you're going to be challenged in a variety of ways. This is no different, if Ash is on the defensive in the match it makes sense. Gladion, Kiawe and Prof Kukui all want a piece of Ash. Gladion because of losing in the finals against his rival, Kiawe was his friendly rival and then Kukui because the facade of the Masked Royal is gone.

Ash was only a favourite once no matter about the general public's opinion.
Kanto - Always the underdog because of Gary,
Johto - Always the underdog because of Gary leading to a coming of age situation,
Hoenn - There was no rival until the league and even then Morrison/Tyson were league rivals.
Sinnoh - Hi Paul and Tobias
Unova - The reset so to speak
Kalos - Alain existed and Ash never beat him even though Ash was the anomaly of the Kalos league
Alola - Ash was the favourite because he needed this win
Journeys/Galar - No one knew of Ash even though he should've been known Globally because of his placements in regional leagues.

(16, 8, 8, 4, 8, 2, 1)

Honestly I'm happy that Ash is finally having an easy time for once, even though the presentation is off with us not seeing Ash's team often enough. But we also don't know if 10 Million Volt Thunderbolt is going to hit.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
> Pikachu being used.

Yeah no, Ash is not losing. If what Shadao has often theorized doesn't happen, there's another possibility that the entire Alola Champion aspect becomes official and Ash starts to feel the pressure of representing an entire region. You know, the kind of pressure he's never had to feel, because at that point it's no longer about him.

This kind of episode is exactly the reason i dont like ash's pikachu (it hogs too many battles for itself), this episode was perfect to see ash's incineroar in action for the first time.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Oh of course, more of the Incineroar that nobody gives a damn about and more Pikachu gloryfication while Ash's Incineroar continues to get sidelined like it did in Alola(One trial, ZERO grand trials, barely existed outside of his rivalry with Incineroar). Incineroar was robbed, damn it! Give him his due! -_-

Oh of course, more of the Incineroar that nobody gives a damn about and more Pikachu gloryfication while Ash's Incineroar continues to get sidelined like it did in Alola(One trial, ZERO grand trials, barely existed outside of his rivalry with Incineroar). Incineroar was robbed, damn it! Give him his due! -_-
PREACH

Master Pikachu 11

Incineroar and Kukui :)

I just remembered: the first time the player does a Battle Royal in the games, it’s them, Masked Royal, Gladion, and Hau. Replace Hau with Kiawe (who actually was watching the battle in the games) since he’s pretty much Ash’s other rival in SM. Don’t know if it was intentional but neat callback.
Well when the SM series started and had Ash participate in the Battle Royal, it was Masked Royal, Ash, Kiawe and Sophocles. So this time they are replacing Sophocles with Gladion and making another call back to when Ash first participated in the battle royal
So he won’t be using any of his Alolan Pokémon at the Alolan tournament, specifically one that hasn’t battled once since it’s evolved debut?

Lame, lame lame lame times 20
This series seems allergic to him using his old Pokémon. They have everything in regards to continuity and have no problem showing his Pokémon, but no let’s not have him use them again

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Gaogaen would have been cute but the writing was on the wall with reserves appearing but not battling in a serious way since Goukazaru (unfinished) and then even in S&M Satoshi chose to fight with Pikachu and Lugarugan despite Fushingidane being right there as well as other “old” Pokémon like Kentauros. It’s kind of obvious even if they appear they’re not in rotation for serious affairs I guess. Really shocked about Goukazaru since it’s Sinnoh remake season then I’m not given the few battles and moments his current squad get.

They probably want Pikachu to be used to drive home the Champion title and the like with their ultimate Z-move.

DayQuil95

> Pikachu being used.

Agreed. It's extremely unlikely for him to lose here, so I think his down face will have more to do with his realization of Alolans that he hasn't been representing them when they were anxiously waiting for his comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.