• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 27th: PM2019 112 - A Triumphant Return! The Alola Champion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
They tended to get the scraps in terms of character growth and involvement though. The biggest development Mallow got was the Shaymin/mother stuff, which was pretty underplayed (and probably would have been better left to finish in this series, especially with the Gen 4 remake promotions).
Sometimes I wonder if Mallow would've been better off as a recurring character than main cast...
She could've still been an honorary member of Ash-tachii. Shoot, SM had a record breaking number of those anyway!

I'd like if Sandy got something, it kinda got the short end compared to Primarina in SM.
Heck, compared to ALL the Eevees main characters have gotten!

Which is downright bizarre since she was supposed to help promote the Let's Go games. It wasn't just bad writing, it was bad cross promotion! o_O
(though one could say that about much of PM2019... :()

Master Pikachu 11

Not true, he commanded both Greninja and Infernape in their episodes. There’s no real reason why he couldn’t have used literally any of his Alola in this episode.

Kiawe’s Marowak’s ability is Cursed Body o_O
I am talking about using them against other trainers. But yes I am glad he was able to briefly command Infernape and Greninja

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Eevee meeting Nagisa is obviously a sign she won’t evolve and is “perfect” the way she is like how Nagisa is with his eccentric haircut and personality. She will officially have met all the Eevees, closing off Koharu’s story as she continues to chase her future and find out who she is off-screen.

On another note, I’m so glad Nagisa isn’t evolving or evolved. Showers is bland and defeats the point of him being Partner!Eevee with a unique haircut and her new “shoulder” Pokémon so her Ashirene could be the ace she wanted and worked alongside the whole series.

Maybe Eevee learns Double-Edge as an upgrade to Tackle from Nagisa, one of the strongest “Normal” moves cementing her position and purpose as being fine as is.

Sometimes I wonder if Mallow would've been better off as a recurring character than main cast...
She could've still been an honorary member of Ash-tachii. Shoot, SM had a record breaking number of those anyway!
They were literally all that already, not forcing the main cast in every episode was one of the best things S&M did alongside scissoring down TRio’s appearances to worthy ones. It’s good Koharu wasn’t forced into every adventure either. I remember Serena, Citron and Takeshi standing around like heaps of plywood constantly because the formula forced them to be present all the time.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Okay why does Paul keep being brought up? Leaks?

And I’m sorry the “you’re perfect the way you are” approach is so cheap and could of saved us how many episodes. Like yes it was always a possibility but it’s so very predictable that it just comes across a dragged out variation of Pikachu’s situation mixed with Serena’s indecisiveness.

I like Chloe a lot but it would of been a truly odd ball if Eever did pick. They truly could of kept this plot line. This would of been nice if this wasn’t a rehashed (almost everywhere even beyond Pokemon) and predictable outcome. Please SV save us with an Eevelution.

Last edited:

MegaSalamence05

And you know, we've had WAY too much Team Rocket recently. :p

I'm wondering if Sandy's appearance might lend to something. Lana and Mallow seem like the only SM characters not getting something this series.
Well they did leave those two characters pretty open with what direction if they so choose. Sophocles has Mossdeep City's Space Center while Kiawe is in training to be Akala's next Kahuna when Olivia steps down

Lana's story with Manaphy is left completely unanswered. If May were to hypothetically return I think Lana may be the key to that story.

Mallow's story with Shaymin in my opinion is left unanswered even though it did leave with its friends. Like we're all in agreement that Shaymin was the manifestation of Mallow's mom right.

Blue Saturday

And I’m sorry the “you’re perfect the way you are” approach is so cheap and could of saved us how many episodes. Like yes it was always a possibility but it’s so very predictable that it just comes across a dragged out variation of Pikachu’s situation mixed with Serena’s indecisiveness.

I like Chloe a lot but it would of been a truly odd ball if Eever did pick. They truly could of kept this plot line. This would of been nice if this wasn’t a rehashed (almost everywhere even beyond Pokemon) and predictable outcome. Please SV save us with an Eevelution.
What makes Eevee special is its ability to evolve into many different forms so if it picks one over the other it loses that ability, Koharu and her Eevee are meeting Nagisa a regular Eevee with no inclination towards evolution as the final “possibility” and it also explains why Suiren is shown with him in the opening while everyone else has their first/main Pokémon.

Eevee’s story in many media and PM’s wanting to stick close to game lore and storyline has always been in the anime about finding out what it wants to be and when it’s all said and done it’s great as is. It would make sense to flesh that out beyond one episode in a series spanning way unlike in those one-off eps in OS, SM (Illima) or BW. I think this is the route they’re taking. They’re not putting any Eevee above the other in terms of importance. Pretty sure everyone saw this coming a mile away tho.

Could see Suiren talking about how they met and how he loves swimming but they never cared about evolution or something. She put him in a Dive Ball and he loves the sea/water/surfing but that didn’t mean he had to be Showers. Koharu ultimately realizes the same, that it doesn’t need to change and neither does she. It can keep growing as is.

(On another note would be pretty cool if Suiren showed off Extreme Evo Boost like Illima did)

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
What makes Eevee special is its ability to evolve into many different forms so if it picks one over the other it loses that ability
The applies with any Pokemon that evolves. Even Pokemon who have multiple branches like Eevee.

Koharu and her Eevee are meeting Nagisa a regular Eevee with no inclination towards evolution as the final “possibility” and it also explains why Suiren is shown with him in the opening while everyone else has their first/main Pokémon.
Eevee is Lana's "shouldermon". It's the same thing with Iris and Emolga and Goh and Grookey. Grookey was shown in plenty of other scenes that Cinderace wasn't.

Eevee’s lore and PM’s wanting to stick close to game lore and storyline has always been in the anime about finding out when it’s all said and done it’s great as is.
Eevee's lore is evolution. Not just having the ability but the execution of the ability. It's like saying a cake being baked is a lore but not actually eating it. If you're introducing something that is possible and it's the entire lure but without it actually happening then what's being "lured" here?

Pretty sure everyone saw this coming a mile away tho.
Which makes the plotline generic. I'm not arguing wether or not this is a possibility of happening or good to some fans. What I'm saying is that it's generic and predictable which both are absolute facts. It might be stratifying for some but it leaves me like "okay....?". If somebody finds this development fine even if it's outcome was predictable then thats fine but it's almost like picking up a book but knowing all the details of it. Why even read it?

They’re not putting any Eevee above the other in terms of importance
So then why show them? If the entire point was "no eeveelution left behind" then what was truly the point? And this isn't from Chloe's perspective because she's a product of the writing so the point of her "finding her true self with Eevee" isn't my argument here. From a writing perspective, why do this when you could of found other ways?

Could see Suiren talking about how they met and how he loves swimming but they never cared about evolution or something. She put him in a Dive Ball and he loves the sea/water/surfing but that didn’t mean he had to be Showers.
This doesn't mean that Lana ruled out the option. May didn't evolve her Eevee until DP and who knows if new evolutions didn't come out would she have ever did it. Lana not deciding to get a Vaporeon doesn't have to be a byproduct of Eevee's feelings and instead that it just never came up. I doubt Lana felt the urge to evolve it into a Water Type simply because she prefers to train them (did she even officially say this?)? It's also not odd for Type Masters to have Pokemon outside.

Again I understand this makes sense to some and some find most (sometimes all) of JN handling to be great but I don't find this particular scenario appealing.

Blue Saturday

The applies with any Pokemon that evolves. Even Pokemon who have multiple branches like Eevee.
Eevee is the pokemon mainly known for it though, the evolution Pokemon with weird DNA. If you evolve it into a normal, say, Blacky, Leafia or Nymphia what makes it special at that point?
Eevee is Lana's "shouldermon". It's the same thing with Iris and Emolga and Goh and Grookey. Grookey was shown in plenty of other scenes that Cinderace wasn't.
I meant more so in the opening, we got Lillie with Shiron, Kaki with Bakugames, Mao with Amajo and Mamane with Togedemaru. They showed her with Ashirene in the second opening but now she gets a moment with her Eevee while everyone else keeps their main in the newest opening. Kaki is shown with his Garagara next episode strangely.
Eevee's lore is evolution. Not just having the ability but the execution of the ability. It's like saying a cake being baked is a lore but not actually eating it. If you're introducing something that is possible and it's the entire lure but without it actually happening then what's being "lured" here?
It's kind of like a chicken and egg situation, Eevee has the possibility to evolve but isn't it more special to continue to have that possibility than already arrived at that endpoint and having lost that possibility? Most people want an Eevee in the game to train and evolve, not a regular evolved form without the choice. Plus Eevee is a secondary cute face to Pikachu.
Which makes the plotline generic. I'm not arguing wether or not this is a possibility of happening or good to some fans. What I'm saying is that it's generic and predictable which both are absolute facts. It might be stratifying for some but it leaves me like "okay....?". If somebody finds this development fine even if it's outcome was predictable then thats fine but it's almost like picking up a book but knowing all the details of it. Why even read it?

So then why show them? If the entire point was "no eeveelution left behind" then what was truly the point? And this isn't from Chloe's perspective because she's a product of the writing so the point of her "finding her true self with Eevee" isn't my argument here. From a writing perspective, why do this when you could of found other ways?
They probably wanted to just show off a popular Pokemon and mascot and a main female character "discovering" herself is a nice avenue to do that. (sadly as that sounds for Koharu, I don't think that takes away from the worthwhile focus she did get)
This doesn't mean that Lana ruled out the option. May didn't evolve her Eevee until DP and who knows if new evolutions didn't come out would she have ever did it. Lana not deciding to get a Vaporeon doesn't have to be a byproduct of Eevee's feelings and instead that it just never came up. I doubt Lana felt the urge to evolve it into a Water Type simply because she prefers to train them (did she even officially say this?)? It's also not odd for Type Masters to have Pokemon outside.

Again I understand this makes sense to some and some find most (sometimes all) of JN handling to be great but I don't find this particular scenario appealing.
I mean, I personally would rather she pick one, I agree it's generic but I don't see anything showing you're meant to see Erika's Leafia's moments as more special than Eevee's moments with Regina's Glacia or Serena's Nymphia. Why include Koharu in this episode anyway or last episode just to have her do nothing? It just feels pretty convenient that Eevee wasn't done meeting all the possibilities, the most obvious one remaining that it would tail back to is just being itself (literally mirroring Suiren's in the preview even)

FTMhJk0XoAEGZ9L

FTMhI21WQAEZaxc

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Eevee is the pokemon mainly known for it though, the evolution Pokemon with weird DNA. If you evolve it into a normal, say, Blacky, Leafia or Nymphia what makes it special at that point?

I meant more so in the opening, we got Lillie with Shiron, Kaki with Bakugames, Mao with Amajo and Mamane with Togedemaru. They showed her with Ashirene in the second opening but now she gets a moment with her Eevee while everyone else keeps their main in the newest opening. Kaki is shown with his Garagara next episode strangely.

It's kind of like a chicken and egg situation, Eevee has the possibility to evolve but isn't it more special to continue to have that possibility than already arrived at that endpoint and having lost that possibility? Most people want an Eevee in the game to train and evolve, not a regular evolved form without the choice. Plus Eevee is a secondary cute face to Pikachu.

They probably wanted to just show off a popular Pokemon and mascot and a main female character "discovering" herself is a nice avenue to do that. (sadly as that sounds for Koharu, I don't think that takes away from the worthwhile focus she did get)

I mean, I personally would rather she pick one, I agree it's generic but I don't see anything showing you're meant to see Erika's Leafia's moments as more special than Eevee's moments with Regina's Glacia or Serena's Nymphia. Why include Koharu in this episode anyway or last episode just to have her do nothing? It just feels pretty convenient that Eevee wasn't done meeting all the possibilities, the most obvious one remaining that it would tail back to is just being itself (literally mirroring Suiren's in the preview even)

FTMhJk0XoAEGZ9L

FTMhI21WQAEZaxc
The whole point of Chloe’s/Koharu’s development is basically her figure out what she wants to do and her Eevee is mirroring this.

Also it’s doubt that Chloe’s Eevee won’t evolve when you consider the language they use around it. For instance saying that “Eevee has 8 confirmed evolutions” instead of saying Eevee has 8 evolutions would imply the possibility of there being more evolutions that just haven’t been confirmed yet.

Also giving one of the reasons why Chloe’s Eevee can’t evolve being unsure of what path it wants to take instead of just out right saying that it is incapable of evolving or doesn’t want to evolve.

I mean saying that isn’t it Chloe’s Eevee more special if it doesn’t evolve but instead still has the possibility to evolve would be like suggesting that Chloe shouldn’t find a goal but should still try to find one.

Basically what I’m saying is what your suggesting doesn’t make any sense as it completely throws out their development in progress just to keep them frozen.

If you look at where there characters arcs are headed it’s going in the direction of them choosing a path. Basically Chloe’s Eevee will choose its path when Chloe finally decides what she wants to do.

In all honesty looking at the most likely outcome here is that her Eevee is actually going to evolve into a new Eeveelution that will be introduced in SV.

As for the whole argument about it meeting a Eevee that wants to stay an Eevee in all honesty it would make more sense to have Chloe and her Eevee meet Illima and his Eevee since it’s already been confirmed that his Eevee doesn’t want to evolve plus he could show off Eevee’s signature Z-move to her.

Where it was never confirmed whether or not Lana’s Eevee wanted to evolve as Lana and her Eevee had never really come across a Water Stone for the question to be really brought up.

However now that Lana is meeting Chloe who does have a Water Stone it’s possible that Lana’s Eevee could evolve here. Of course this is just speculation but really at this point Lana’s Eevee’s opinions on evolution are just speculation at this point until the topic is actually properly address.

Gingertail24

The whole point of Chloe’s/Koharu’s development is basically her figure out what she wants to do and her Eevee is mirroring this.

Also it’s doubt that Chloe’s Eevee won’t evolve when you consider the language they use around it. For instance saying that “Eevee has 8 confirmed evolutions” instead of saying Eevee has 8 evolutions would imply the possibility of there being more evolutions that just haven’t been confirmed yet.

Also giving one of the reasons why Chloe’s Eevee can’t evolve being unsure of what path it wants to take instead of just out right saying that it is incapable of evolving or doesn’t want to evolve.

I mean saying that isn’t it Chloe’s Eevee more special if it doesn’t evolve but instead still has the possibility to evolve would be like suggesting that Chloe shouldn’t find a goal but should still try to find one.

Basically what I’m saying is what your suggesting doesn’t make any sense as it completely throws out their development in progress just to keep them frozen.

If you look at where there characters arcs are headed it’s going in the direction of them choosing a path. Basically Chloe’s Eevee will choose its path when Chloe finally decides what she wants to do.

In all honesty looking at the most likely outcome here is that her Eevee is actually going to evolve into a new Eeveelution that will be introduced in SV.

As for the whole argument about it meeting a Eevee that wants to stay an Eevee in all honesty it would make more sense to have Chloe and her Eevee meet Illima and his Eevee since it’s already been confirmed that his Eevee doesn’t want to evolve plus he could show off Eevee’s signature Z-move to her.

Where it was never confirmed whether or not Lana’s Eevee wanted to evolve as Lana and her Eevee had never really come across a Water Stone for the question to be really brought up.

However now that Lana is meeting Chloe who does have a Water Stone it’s possible that Lana’s Eevee could evolve here. Of course this is just speculation but really at this point Lana’s Eevee’s opinions on evolution are just speculation at this point until the topic is actually properly address.
I agree that the Lana evee evolution is really just speculation. They never really addressed it. Vaporeon would have been great but tbh, it's just there to market LGPE.

But honestly I still feel another likely path is that evee doesn't evolve

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
They only real reason why Sandy didn't evolve is because for whatever reason, the writers decided that EVERYONE needs a Pokémon that's always outside it's ball for some reason

This is also why Chloe's Eevee ain't evolving. It's her cute shoulder mon and the writers hate Yamper too much to replace it as Chloe's shoulder mon

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
They only real reason why Sandy didn't evolve is because for whatever reason, the writers decided that EVERYONE needs a Pokémon that's always outside it's ball for some reason

This is also why Chloe's Eevee ain't evolving. It's her cute shoulder mon and the writers hate Yamper too much to replace it as Chloe's shoulder mon
Are you really even a modern pokegirl if you aren't constantly holding a cutemon

Status
Not open for further replies.