• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 27th: PM2019 112 - A Triumphant Return! The Alola Champion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Because with a major victory in the Battle Royal he'll think he can handle the Masters Eight. He'll only need training if he loses this fight and goes into a depression arc afterwards.
What was Ash's reason to seek out Greninja to train with Lucario? AFAIK Lucario won vs Bea in his last match.

Storytelling isn't this binary or fixed. Ash could just want more preparation. Winning the Battle Royal doesn't automatically make him overconfident, especially against a bunch of people he beat already.

RafaSceptile

Dont remind me of these two inappropriate men. Even if she has zero styling sense, atleast that girl is modest. I will give her that.
Meanwhile the inappopiate man:

ZomboDroid_04042022100532.jpg

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Because with a major victory in the Battle Royal he'll think he can handle the Masters Eight. He'll only need training if he loses this fight and goes into a depression arc afterwards.

Or perhaps Ash is starting to feel the weight of being Alola Champion. Depression can come in many forms, it's not simply losing.

I know my Pokémon Journey in BDSP has slowed down due to the fact my Pokémon are over leveled and it's no longer fun to stick with one team for the entire Journey.

STICKTOPIA

So he won’t be using any of his Alolan Pokémon at the Alolan tournament, specifically one that hasn’t battled once since it’s evolved debut?

Lame, lame lame lame times 20
I know right! I truly had confidence that ash was gonna use incineroar in this. Lame times infinity

MegaSalamence05

The thing is with Journeys as a whole, they've really backed themselves into a corner because of their execution throughout this saga. In the past I've been critical of how Journeys been presented.

I'm not surprised Ash isn't using Incineroar or any Alolan Pokémon for that matter. (The need specifically in this episode isn't there). The point of this episode is for Ash to be so unparalleled to his peers/friends that he's untouchable. Which is how a Pokémon Champion should be. But they still haven't fleshed out the PWC to a point where the goal is there but how is it attainable. Absolutely destroying everything in your path. It's not the way. It's more hypocritical because of how he's been presented he's no better than Paul. With that Ash's lived long enough to become the villain of his own story.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
If Ash wins this fight Paul has no reason to appear outside of Project Mew stuff.

Both things have no reason to be correlated, besides I just gave you a reason why Paul could come back.

He seeks Ash out, not the other way around. Paul wants to test himself to see where he's at. Same reasons why he challenged Cynthia and why he went along with Reggie's idea for the Lake Acuity full battle.

People... enough with the whole Ash's depression arc. How starved are people to see another repeated scenario?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Both things have no reason to be correlated, besides I just gave you a reason why Paul could come back.

He seeks Ash out, not the other way around. Paul wants to test himself to see where he's at. Same reasons why he challenged Cynthia and why he went along with Reggie's idea for the Lake Acuity full battle.

People... enough with the whole Ash's depression arc. How starved are people to see another repeated scenario?
The only way Paul would seek Ash out is to increase his own ranking in the PWC, but with the Masters Eight set in stone he can't do that right now.

Ali.Frenstein

Watch slowpoke episode 3.0 is revealed instead

I highly doubt there will be another slowpoke episode. I don't think there is enough time for that, as the series will end before the end of this year, and it's time to concentrate on the main story. Maybe there will be a break on June 10th, but Paul must return sometime next month, as he appeared in the preview for the upcoming episodes since April 1st.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
That would be highly out of character for him, given the type of person he is. Being in the M8 but being kicked out by a strong trainer, is a far better explanation.
I think the point I’m getting at is “Paul being competitive and likes getting stronger so it’s OOC” isn’t a good excuse FOR ME personally. That’s pretty much every person’s prerogative that’s there in the Master Class. While we aren’t that privy to Steven and Diantha— I think it’s okay saying that Alain, Iris and Ash are competitive people and have a desire to get stronger as well too.

Also additionally being in the PWC involves constant traveling, an unsteady schedule and what if he simply just wanted to challenge Gym’s at the time? Gym quests technically still do exist. Perhaps he enjoys the “journey” aspect of being a trainer and traveling regions undisturbed. Those are just my thoughts at least.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.