• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 28th: PM2019 068 - Rivals for Go?! The Road to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
But none of them are legal to marry each other yet.
Wow with so much crammed into this episode let's hope they skip most of the beginning fluff with the kids just arriving at Oak's Lab and the narrator just filling in the exposition.

I do hope that we get a scene of Ash's Pokédex updating to include the Pokèmon he encounters at the lab. It's something minor, but Goh finally needs to see that Ash has his own army too.
Ash's army is a kindergarten's classroom compared to Goh's army now.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Hey @Dephender could you translate both of these if you haven't already?

Yeah, maybe.

Interviews are long and take time, and half the time it feels like people are only interested in them because they think there's some kind of info on upcoming episodes in them, not knowing who the person being interviewed even is.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
Yeah, this is going to be rushed as hell, isn't it? So anyway, I guess the expedition will be later on and not now. This episode will just serve as an introduction to those two and will be a reunion with Gary. I also think this (sadly) confirms Gary's Return & Infernape's Return is just for this episode. It's extremely pointless if they make returns be this way.
Well, for that specific episode, I think that's more on Tomiyasu since he also did the storyboard if I recall correctly. At the end of the day, Yonemura's main job is solidifying the vision Tomiyasu has as to show he wants this show to look like.
That is true, it is Tomiyasu/Owada's Show, Yonemura is just chosen as head writer because Tomiyasu feels like he's the best one who can capture the themes of this Show just like how Matsui could communicate much of SM's Themes well (Family, Friendships, On-Screen Deaths, Emotions & Bondings).
I know, but after the Mewtwo episode, I lost the trust in him. He has a chance to redeem himself with this, and considering the preview we got, I think he will. This is the same writer who wrote SM042 and avoided most of Ash's old Pokémon and we're going to see many of them now.

Tracey seems to be doomed, once again though.

The episode, of course, will be extremely rushed, but that's a given with this series.
SM042 was horrid and a complete disgrace, even if this episode is also atrocious, it will certainly be better than that one in the Pokemon Return Department since it'll at least show a bit of Ash's Mons (other than KANTOOOOOOOO). And man, poor Tracey, at least they gave an explanation in BW to why he was absent. I hope this episode will too. Part of me wonders whether his absent is because of the fact his Seiyuu voices Whisper in Yo-Kai Watch.

IkeBayern

Seems like Ash’s Infernape got bored of being at the lab and wants to start battling again. I’m glad that it’s probably gonna be a part of Ash’s Journeys team (not counting Mr. Mime ofc)

Maybe some of Ash’s Pokémon should start boycotting Oak’s lab lol so we can see em more regularly.

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

Ok so I have a question. With the title and information about the episode after this one revealed, does this mean that Gary and Infernape will return for one episode? Speaking of Infernape, the new poster for the mew arc showed that he might be part of Ash's team again, although people said that it could be misleading.

AJ97

Goh already understands that certain Pokémon have roles that they need to carry out, we saw it with Suicune. The writers also aren't going to have Goh give up his dream to catch Pokémon. We have been shown that Goh cares for and works to understand his Pokémon, given the PV, it seems like this arc will be about him becoming more serious/ stronger.

We are not on day 2, and catching a legendary is not the Wallace equivalent of Goh's dream, he wants to catch all Pokémon.

"Didn't" catch Zapdos, caught an already defeated Eternatus which was then sealed, befriended Suicune who is still roaming, and JN is just less stingy with evolutions overall, don't forget Ash's Dragonite evolved because it wanted arms.

Suicune is 1/80 of all legendary and mythical Pokémon. Goh didn't defeat it and he doesn't have it on hand, meaning that capture brings him no closer to getting the other 79, most of which are just as strong or stronger, not to mention every other Pokémon species he hasn't caught.

You are all acting like he is about to complete his goal when he spends most episodes catching Pidgey's and Pansear's.

1) When Ash battled and defeated a Wild Articuno, he barely managed to do this in the Battle Frontier arc, and even that was with his Charizard which was his most experienced Pokemon at the time. Here we have Goh damage it enough to almost capture it, without having a fraction of Ash's experience. Now even if Articuno was controlled by Nolan who is a very good trainer, one can also argue Ash himself was a veteran trainer who was very experienced. So this advantage Articuno gets evens out which still makes Goh's accomplish silly.

2) Legendary pokemon have in general shown to be much stronger than the average pokemon. Most trainers in possession of Legendary Pokemon have been shown to be strong battlers with a decent level of competence. Tobias, Brandon, the Elite Nurse Joy who worked for the inspection agency etc. Plus to add to that, special Legendary Pokemon (Have shown to possess a level of strength even above that of a regional champion). Eternatus was stronger than Leon. They could've simply had it fly away, but no, Goh had to get a cheap capture. It's not "Sealed". It is simply in a Pokeball belonging to Goh and is locked up. Goh could very well go and retrieve that Pokeball and use it if he pleases. Plus, Goh has no business even owning a Legendary Pokemon give n his level of competence as a trainer.

3) So what if he "Befriended Suicune"? There have been many cases where Ash befriends regular Pokemon who then challenged Ash to a battle and only then went along with him once Ash proved himself worthy. Given how Legendary Pokemon are known to be much stronger than the average Pokemon and possess a great deal of strength, it would've made more sense for the Legendary Pokemon to give Goh and opportunity to battle and Catch it and during the course of which, have Goh realize that he needs to get stronger as a trainer if he wants to capture Legendary Pokemon.

4) So what if Suicune is 1 of 80 legendaries? There are over 800 other regular Pokemon for Goh to capture. There are what? 24 elite four members and Ash never beat 1 for years. He never even won a Regional League until Alola. As a matter of fact, he didn't even reach the Finals until Kalos. They could still have Goh battle and capture regular Pokemon and maybe have him try to capture the legendaries once he completes the Pokedex of that specific region. Maybe capture all Pokemon in Johto and then try to hunt down the legendary dogs?

As for the evolution part, I sort of agree. That said, Journeys is doing a horrible job of Indicating Ash is superior to Goh in battle.
Like for example, Ash didn't need "Team Rock and Goh's help" to battle Zapdos in a raid battle. Ash and Pikachu have beaten multiple legendaries in the past. Also, even in the Mewtwo battle, Cinderace was shown to be stronger than Pikachu which was again frustrating. Goh had no business battling Mewtwo. They could've very well had Goh chase mew and allow Ash to battle Mewtwo himself.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
I would lierally take an episode where the only thing we see is Ash interacting with each of his old Pokémon and see the dynamics between them. And if you need conflict, add Team Rocket at the end or something.

I guess the fact that Pokémon like Corphish or Buizel still exist is enough for now. I didn't think they would be brave enough. But I always think that Ash not visiting them between series since XY ended is pretty dumb.

BW could have been bad, but they gave us the group photo and Tracey was mentioned. I'd say that's the bare minimum. XY and SM did nothing aside the strange SM042.

LucasMV

Ash could still take Infernape with him to the Cerise Lab. Just cause it doesn't appear in the next episode doesn't mean that he will for sure leave it at Oak's again. I mean, there must be a reason Infernape was wandering around instead of staying at Oak's in the first place.

I really hope they dedicate a decent amount of time to Ash's reserves, Go's reaction to them and some interactions between the reserves themselves and with Ash and Go.

I also hope this is just a reintroduction for Gary, and that he will appear again later on in the series.

Ultra Beast Lover

Knowing this series it's not gonna do anything cool with Infernape leaving the lab, just something dumb like, "Infernape is just training." And not rotate him at all. Well, if not now then I really hope a future series has Ash keep his Pokemon on a rotational basis, especially if he's not starting off fresh.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Yeah, maybe.

Interviews are long and take time, and half the time it feels like people are only interested in them because they think there's some kind of info on upcoming episodes in them, not knowing who the person being interviewed even is.
You are a hero if you can make out some of what's written in page that was posted. I tried to check and some kanjis are nearly unreadable for me.
That is true, it is Tomiyasu/Owada's Show, Yonemura is just chosen as head writer because Tomiyasu feels like he's the best one who can capture the themes of this Show just like how Matsui could communicate much of SM's Themes well (Family, Friendships, On-Screen Deaths, Emotions & Bondings).

SM042 was horrid and a complete disgrace, even if this episode is also atrocious, it will certainly be better than that one in the Pokemon Return Department since it'll at least show a bit of Ash's Mons (other than KANTOOOOOOOO). And man, poor Tracey, at least they gave an explanation in BW to why he was absent. I hope this episode will too. Part of me wonders whether his absent is because of the fact his Seiyuu voices Whisper in Yo-Kai Watch.
- I think Yonemura was chosen more because of "seniority" since he's only one other than Tomioka who's been around since day one. His presence is probably more to ensure some form of consistency with how the anime always was. There'd be no better person than the guy who's been around for so long.

- Had no idea Tomokazu Seki had voiced Tracey. Learn something new everyday...

Status
Not open for further replies.