• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 28th: PM2019 068 - Rivals for Go?! The Road to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Satoshi and Go visit the Okido Laboratories in Masara Town for the first time in quite a while. There, Go learns from Professor Okido that "Project Mew", a team that will be making a full-scale search for Mew, is recruiting members. Satoshi also learns that the Goukazaru he left in the care of the Okido Laboratories hasn't shown itself recently, so he decides to go look for it together with Go. And believe it or not, along the way they encounter Satoshi's childhood friend and rival Shigeru.

Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 齋藤徳明 (Noriaki Saito)
Episode Director 牧野吉高 (Yoshitaka Makino)
Animation Director 山崎玲愛 (Rei Yamazaki)
Animation Director 柳原好貴 (Koki Yanagihara)

-----

XWjbxzj.jpg

In the promo video presenting itself as Satoshi and Go's new adventure, Satoshi's greatest rival Shigeru finally appears. According to Professor Okido, it appears a project that will be making a full-scale search for Mew, a Mythical Pokémon, has been established and is searching for members. But how will Go, who dreams of "getting every Pokémon and reach Mew" get involved with this "Project Mew"? And what will happen with Satoshi and Shigeru now that they've reunited? New characters appear in the video as well, further increasing the expectations for this new story! Look forward to its premiere!

SHIGERU (Voice actor: Yuko Kobayashi)
Professor Okido's grandson and Satoshi's childhood friend from way back. He's Satoshi's greatest rival, and the two have had many battles thus far. Just like Satoshi, he was once a Pokémon Trainer that set off from Masara Town, but he's now retired as a Trainer and is following the same path of a researcher as Professor Okido.

--------

yzg3pAz.jpg

GO'S CHALLENGE:
What is PROJECT MEW,
which searches for the Mythical Pokémon Mew?

Everyone involved with Pokémon dreams of the Mythical Pokémon Mew. And it appears there is a project team that researches and attempts to locate Mew! Are Tsurugi and Asahi, the two Trainers Go encounters, members of this team?

SUPER POWERFUL RIVALS APPEAR!
Discovering Mew is a big dream for Go, who saw it in person when he was little! Project Mew might turn into a lead that can make him fulfill his dream.
(additional cut-off blurb)

ARE THEY CONNECTED TO THE PROJECT?! LEGENDARY POKÉMON SHOW UP AS WELL!!
The Legendary Pokémon Wulaosu and Regice are in the middle of a battle! Stay tuned to learn what kind of story will take place on this inaccesssible snow peak!

WULAOSU: A Fighting/Dark type Pokémon. It moves are so sharp it finishes matches in a single strike!
(cut-off Regice profile)

AN ABSOLUTE MUST SEE: A MASS GATHERING OF SATOSHI'S POKÉMON!!
Pokémon Satoshi has got in the past appear all at once! We will present the 16 of them that are seen here, though note that he has many other companions in addition to these:
WARUVIAL: Satoshi's Waruvial wears sunglasses.
FIARROW: Reliably evolved from a Yayakoma after many battles.
LIZARDON: A companion that has been through fierce battles in many different places.
ONVERN: Evolved from an Onbat that hatched from an egg Satoshi found by chance.
CHAOBOO: Evolved from a Pokabu that was abandoned by a Trainer!
KABIGON: Satoshi got a wild Kabigon that was wolfing down fruit!
BAYLEAF: A female Pokémon that loves Satoshi!
HERACROS: It loves sap! It has done a lot of good work in battles as well.
HEIGANI: A glutton with a cheerful personality. It has done a lot of good work in battles as well.
MAGMARASHI: Evolved from a Hinoarashi that had its own tempo, and has done good work in battles!
BUOYSEL: Satoshi got this Pokémon when he traded with his companion Hikari.
DONFAN: Evolved in battle from a Gomazou that hatched from an egg!
LUCHABULL: It's obsessed with successfully nailing cool-looking moves.
MIJUMARU: It couldn't keep its eyes open under water, but overcame this issue after training with Satoshi!
WANINOKO: Very cheerful, breaks into a dance whenever it comes out of its Lure Ball.
GOUKAZARU: A Pokémon that achieved victory in many battles. It occasionally runs wild, having an Ability called "Blaze" that increases its power in a pinch.

E2b5APl.jpg

SATOSHI, GO AND SHIGERU
CHALLENGE THE LEGENDARY POKÉMON FIRE!!

An encounter with Shigeru turns into a battle against a legendary Pokémon! Satoshi challenges Fire alongside Goukazaru, the return of a pairing we haven't seen for quite a while! What kind of battle will we get when they form a Fire type tag team with Go and Aceburn?! And just what is Shigeru's reason for being here in the first place?!

FIRE: One of the legendary bird Pokémon. Its beautiful feathers look as if they're burning, and even a single one of them is considered an extremely rare valuable.

Blurb: Fire controls flames! How will Satoshi and Go fight it?

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
No mention of PWC...but the tweet says Shigeru returns as a rival so I guess that’s referring to a potential Raid Battle against Fire? Rivaling both Gou/Satoshi and their Fire starters. Hm.....I guess that’s better than suddenly turning him into a battler but at the same time I do wish there was more grandeur and storyline value to his return than what’s looking to be Mewtwo all over again essentially?

His return in DP dealing with Hunter J as well and work protecting the Tatetops made him feel realized and assured. Speaking of which Fire again? Kind of feels redundant these bird battle episodes feel a bit mandated at this point...but yeah KAAANNNNTTTttooooooooooo.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
No mention of PWC...but the tweet says Shigeru returns as a rival so I guess that’s referring to a potential Raid Battle against Fire? Rivaling both Gou/Satoshi and their Fire starters. Hm.....I guess that’s better than suddenly turning him into a battler but at the same time I do wish there was more grandeur and storyline value to his return than what’s looking to be Mewtwo all over again essentially?

His return in DP dealing with Hunter J as well and work protecting the Tatetops made him feel realized and assured. Speaking of which Fire again? Kind of feels redundant these bird battle episodes feel a bit mandated at this point...but yeah KAAANNNNTTTttooooooooooo.
Kanto with reserves returning for an appearance, fine with me lul.

dman_dustin

Well didn't expect Gary to appear this soon. I wonder if it's the episode where Ash meets his reserves.

The summary we got from the preview implies as much since its how Ash knows his Infernape is missing doubt that would exclude his reserves.

LucasMV

The fact that they're taking the time and dedicating an entire page to explain who Ash's past pokemon are gives me hope that they are not just gonna show up this once.

I mean, why would they care to do that if it was just a cameo?

I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but I get the feeling that Ash is going to start using reserves for the PWC like we wanted all along.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I get the feeling if anyone is a main player as a reserve it will probably just be Goukazaru solely because of Gen 4 remasters coming out. They aren’t full blown remakes but what looks to be DP for the Switch ported over. It would make sense just to bring back Satoshi’s fully evolved starter instead of adding a new one from scratch to Gou’s team especially with his Galar Pokémon at focus and then not needing promotion of some new gimmick perhaps?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
it'll be interesting to see how these "Rival's" challenge Goh on his goal.

I also can't wait to see Goh's reaction to Ash's Oak Lab stash.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I hope he will have one. They didn't bother showing Go's reaction to Ash's alola team for some reason.

especially on Melmetal since it's a mythical, I thought for sure he would've been really interested in it.

be really neat if he saw Ash's got a boldore and they traded them to evolve them...probably won't happen though at least not right now.

Lucario’s role as Aceburn’s bestie got usurped by the Fire monkey. Speaking of which it’s good to see Aceburn is still very relevant? Probably cause Sarunori isn’t really a “battler” yet and Jimeleon is still hibernating.

Man i want Lucario and Infernape to train with each other now.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The fact that the only Ash Pokemon they've shown are the ones not voiced by Ishizuka has me concerned. He's gone, yes, but that doesn't mean Swellow and co. can't make silent cameos. I'm gonna assume Gary's Blastoise and Electivire are considered minor enough that they can be changed no issue. That or archive audio.

D

Deleted member 384931

The fact that they're taking the time and dedicating an entire page to explain who Ash's past pokemon are gives me hope that they are not just gonna show up this once.

I mean, why would they care to do that if it was just a cameo?

I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but I get the feeling that Ash is going to start using reserves for the PWC like we wanted all along.
And mentioned many more. It gives me hope. Some descriptions sound silly lol.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
The fact that the only Ash Pokemon they've shown are the ones not voiced by Ishizuka has me concerned. He's gone, yes, but that doesn't mean Swellow and co. can't make silent cameos. I'm gonna assume Gary's Blastoise and Electivire are considered minor enough that they can be changed no issue. That or archive audio.
I mean the way they worded it kinda feels like we would see them all

I get the feeling if anyone is a main player as a reserve it will probably just be Goukazaru solely because of Gen 4 remasters coming out. They aren’t full blown remakes but what looks to be DP for the Switch ported over. It would make sense just to bring back Satoshi’s fully evolved starter instead of adding a new one from scratch to Gou’s team especially with his Galar Pokémon at focus and then not needing promotion of some new gimmick perhaps?
Ugh. Torterra getting robbed again. What year is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.