• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 28th: PM2019 068 - Rivals for Go?! The Road to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icy-Snowflake

This will be one rushed episode. And that makes it sound boring.
Yeah i dont see how a rival would work for Goh. I mean the show constantly tries to let Goh not put effort into training his pokemon. ( Most of his pokemon). The only way i see them competing is for a pokemon thats extremely limited. Even thrn they csnt like bsttle and say winner gets to attempt catching mew. The loser should stop. That should be one episode long. Even then it makes zero sense because this an anime world whrre dreams are supposed to be everything.
Those rivals for Goh could be in the context of catching Mew and not all Pokemon.

Decidueye23

This will be one rushed episode. And that makes it sound boring.

Those rivals for Goh could be in the context of catching Mew and not all Pokemon.
Right. All i am saying is there is no tangible way to measure their rivalry. Its iust one thing who gets mew. So it feels like a one and done thing instead of it being more of a growing rivalry. Especially with Gary. But i guess i ll wait and see how it plays out

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
What exactly have Gou and Sakuragi studied and "researched" after so many captures ?

Rowan studies evolution. Sycamore studied mega evolution. Even Kukui studied moves.

What do Gou and Sakuragi even study ?
How to be a bully and take all u want

LucasMV

Boy, people will scream if freaking Gary becomes Goh's rival instead of Ash.
Why are people even speculating that though? Isn't it pretty obvious that those 2 new characters are gonna be Go's rivals?

GIve ash a solo battle against a legendary ffs. Why shove that humanoid rabbit, who gets power ups outta nowhere here too ?
Yeah, I would have loved if Ash and Infernape fought Moltres alone. Or alongside Gary. I mean, we haven't seen either of them in a decade or so.
I hope that at least Infernape will be the MVP of the battle.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Cerise: It's been half a day and Goh keeps catching Pokemon as easy as breathing. Soon, capacity will hit 200 in the greenhouse I totally was reserving for multiple trainers, not just...him. How is this freaking kid catching Pokemon so easy?
Why are people even speculating that though? Isn't it pretty obvious that those 2 new characters are gonna be Go's rivals?
Just answering posts above mine.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
That's why AG Team is better than DP team

Yeah, because Torkoal got so many wins and Glalie (despite being one of his Hoenn League powerhouses) has been dumped since..

Your "AG team" is basically Sceptile and Swellow, with a splash of Corphish on the side. Yes, Infernape hogged the gyms and the Paul-fight, but Turtwig, Buizel and Gliscor got major gym wins, Staraptor was always solid in its fights and Gible somehow managed to win Ash the fight vs. Conway.

AG is probably the most lopsided team in the show's history.

What exactly have Gou and Sakuragi studied and "researched" after so many captures ?

Rowan studies evolution. Sycamore studied mega evolution. Even Kukui studied moves.

Catch rates.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Yeah i dont see how a rival would work for Goh. I mean the show constantly tries to let Goh not put effort into training his pokemon. ( Most of his pokemon). The only way i see them competing is for a pokemon thats extremely limited. Even thrn they csnt like bsttle and say winner gets to attempt catching mew. The loser should stop. That should be one episode long. Even then it makes zero sense because this an anime world whrre dreams are supposed to be everything.
If it makes Go pursue training his Pokémon and becoming less bland than I’m all for Go having a rival. Even if it’s just in tournaments like Rinto. Maybe he’ll find another Trainer to aims to catch or find Mew? Or maybe the writers will give Go achievable goals to accomplish like they do with Ash and co.

That may give urinary problems due to so much salt to some who are hating Goh and still look up to the writers up to that point...
Only thing that made me very upset with Go was him catching Grookey. It was a dumb episode anyway like many in this saga unfortunately. (Did we seriously have to have an episode with straight NOTHING like that split 2 episode episode or that Plusle/Minun episode?)I wanted that little chimp for Ash but nooooo give it to Go, it’s not as if he has enough Pokémon to neglect. Grookey could’ve been Aipom 2.0. I doubt his Pokémon messes with him like that anyway when he be catching them without a moment to spare. I can see why Jimenleon went into “hibernation”, he’s seen what Go does to those who stay in their balls and wants nothing to do with it. His depression is linked to not feeling worthy enough until he evolves. Or else he’ll get Oak’d until further notice.

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
New promo article. Kobayashi is now 100% confirmed.

XWjbxzj.jpg

In the promo video presenting itself as Satoshi and Go's new adventure, Satoshi's greatest rival Shigeru finally appears. According to Professor Okido, it appears a project that will be making a full-scale search for Mew, a Mythical Pokémon, has been established and is searching for members. But how will Go, who dreams of "getting every Pokémon and reach Mew" get involved with this "Project Mew"? And what will happen with Satoshi and Shigeru now that they've reunited? New characters appear in the video as well, further increasing the expectations for this new story! Look forward to its premiere!

SHIGERU (Voice actor: Yuko Kobayashi)
Professor Okido's grandson and Satoshi's childhood friend from way back. He's Satoshi's greatest rival, and the two have had many battles thus far. Just like Satoshi, he was once a Pokémon Trainer that set off from Masara Town, but he's now retired as a Trainer and is following the same path of a researcher as Professor Okido.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.