• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 28th: PM2019 068 - Rivals for Go?! The Road to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
How are 2 battles "many" battles.

Yeah, I guess that's their headcanon speaking...

Even so they had better battles than Torterra.
Glalie, Corpish, Swellow, and Grovyle did more in the league than all DP Pokemon except Infernape

This is such a BS argument. All of the battles of the Hoenn League were shown and they only showed 4 of the Sinnoh League-battles, most of which were taken hostage by the reserves (Gible fought Conway and Tobias, Staraptor fought vs. Nando). I mean the Hoenn League had a fullbattle against a CotD of all things and the 3rd full battle went down to the wire instead of a 6-2 curbstomp.

I mean how is it fair to compare the achievements of a team where one had 8 opportunities to show their skills (Ash vs. Paul, and the aforementioned Staraptor and Gible fights/10 if you count Pikachu's input) compared to a league where there were 3 full battles and several double battles??

mean how is it fair to compare the achievements of a team where one had 8 opportunities to show their skills
maybe because in each and every one of the Hoenn League battles both Swellow and Grovyle, Glalie and Corpish did better than all the sinnohmon ?????

Imagine a Drapion wipes out half of your team

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
GIve ash a solo battle against a legendary ffs. Why shove that humanoid rabbit, who gets power ups outta nowhere here too ?

Let me add this give ash a solo battle against a legendary especially when it is one of his aces.

Mirage707

TPC simping for mobile cash shop money since 2016.
I want to see Oak come out of nowhere and turn out to be the true rival and Mew chooses to get caught by Oak in the end as a nod to lore. Then we can finally focus on PWC instead of an isekai self insert character chucking balls.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Tokio should've been the first since he's so integral to Go's character but of course he never appears again le sigh.

Honestly I forgot all about the lack of rivals in this series because ever since XY they've been introducing them later and later and much less of them. Heck SM really only had Gladion and I guess Hau so maybe there just being phased out as prospect of having a 3-4 year spanning rivalry with slow buildup stopped being appealing to them by the time Trip rolled around
Sawyer, Gladion, Alain (imo) were good rivals, even better than everyone before Paul (yes, even Gary, who almost never showed up), what happens is that Paul set the bar very high

The opportunity was lost in BW, N must have been Ash's rival from a philosophical and moral point of view like in the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.