• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 28th: PM2019 068 - Rivals for Go?! The Road to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeal

'' share the same goal ''

Alain: Be the strongest person using Mega Evolution

Ash: Pokemon Master

Okay, it's not the same although it involves the same effort in battle, so who else shares the same goal as Ash? Gary before changing targets?

So Ash has no rivals.
Not the same goal.

Yes, Ash had rivals. Gary, Paul, Trip, etc, their goals were the same as Ash's, to win the league. And Ash wanted to be better than them.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I mean if it’s ‘to win the league’ then i’d say everyone who entered the league, aside from the alolan classmates probably, had that goal. So i don’t get why alain alone is excluded?

Like i think only paul got the proper development to be really called a ‘rival’, and ‘maybe’ gary in a more cartoonish way. Sure everybody else ash faced could be called a ‘rival’, but in a much looser sense.

Jeal

I mean if it’s ‘to win the league’ then i’d say everyone who entered the league, aside from the alolan classmates probably, had that goal. So i don’t get why alain alone is excluded?

Like i think only paul got the proper development to be really called a ‘rival’, and ‘maybe’ gary in a more cartoonish way. Sure everybody else ash faced could be called a ‘rival’, but in a much looser sense.
But Alain didn't care about winning the league. If he was defeated on the first match, it would be irrelevant to him. That's why he wasn't a rival.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
How to be a bully and take all u want
You detest Goh for being a bully, yet you are in support of Ash for killing copious amounts of people in the Hoopa movie as necessary. What a waste of an argument.

DatsRight

At least now XY is getting some big continuity nods after being the most self contained series for so long.

Im not comparing their personalities, development or physical characteristics, Im comparing how "memorable" they are.
I'd say Gladion was memorable, but more in terms of being an original games character and a key supporting character in the anime rather than specifically being a rival, not that that's a bad thing since it was nice to have a rival tied as closely to other parts of the show. Hell he even got to be Kiawe's rival for the final points of SM.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
You detest Goh for being a bully, yet you are in support of Ash for killing copious amounts of people in the Hoopa movie as necessary. What a waste of an argument.
When did I even talk about the Hoopa movie? When it comes to people like you - “No brain no worries” suit this case

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
When did I even talk about the Hoopa movie? When it comes to people like you - “No brain no worries” suit this case
If you can make up copious amounts of nonsense, then I can as well.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
I miss the days of companions returning for more than 1-2 episodes

Same. On their respective series they were main characters, so they deserve to return for more than 1 episode. Even though Dawn did mostly nothing on her return in BW, I still found it great that she was again in the main cast.

On another note, to this day, May's return remains the most well executed and developed one. And idk but I have high hopes for Iris, so please writers, make it gooooddd.

Status
Not open for further replies.