• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 28th: PM2019 068 - Rivals for Go?! The Road to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
That unreadable blurb in Pokefan actually seem to potentially imply he's a member of Project Mew, meaning he should be at the very least a recurring character.
I guess we'll find out, and while this line;
And what will happen with Satoshi and Shigeru now that they've reunited?
seems to suggest that Gary will play into Ash's storyline, it could also mean that while they were rivals, Gary's new goal leads him to being rivals with Goh instead.

Either Gary is Ash's rival because the writers wanted Ash to also have one in this arc (which opens the possibility of Goh also having a trainer rival in a future tournament arc for Ash), or Gary is Goh's rival.

Though both assume that Gary takes part in this arc. He could be a one off, or no ones rival.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

seems to suggest that Gary will play into Ash's storyline, it could also mean that while they were rivals, Gary's new goal leads him to being rivals with Goh instead.

Either Gary is Ash's rival because the writers wanted Ash to also have one in this arc (which opens the possibility of Goh also having a trainer rival in a future tournament arc for Ash), or Gary is Goh's rival.

Though both assume that Gary takes part in this arc. He could be a one off, or no ones rival.
Um i think that he is one off arc character

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

gOh iS sTeAliNG aSh r1val2 two!!! OUTRAGE!!!

Jokes aside, in a way Ash kind of brought back their rivalry since he is the one who is suddenly working on research lol

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
If Gary becomes Goh's primary rival in researching, I will laugh. Gary has always been 2 steps ahead of Ash. 10 badges, anyone?

I'm sure perfectly healthy discussions will be generated from that scenario.

Guy100

Would it be a shock to anyone if Gary was already in the Masters 8 of the World Tournament. Seeing how he's often steps ahead of Ash. This might also confirm the reason why Ash doesn't battle him this soon, since its been established ever since the farfetch evolution episode that the rotom phone wont alert PWC combatants of trainers who are of a different rank class.

It also wouldn't surprise me if Gary dethrones Leon early on before Ash can battle him, which opens up the Mustard arc with Leon visiting his teacher for advice.

I would assume, like in the red and blue game plot, Ash will battle Gary for the crown, and then best him to be number 1.

Gary just seems too good of a trainer to be in the Ultra Class. I think with him catching Moltres, this will prove his strength as an improved trainer. Something both Ash and Goh will admire more about him.

Man, I'm excited for Gary/Shigeru's return, but I am really really really hating how they're continuing to squeeze so much content into a single episode, rather than just putting them into multiple episodes. I would take multiple episodes over all of these fillers (including the fiftieth* Pikachu filler).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Would it be a shock to anyone if Gary was already in the Masters 8 of the World Tournament. Seeing how he's often steps ahead of Ash. This might also confirm the reason why Ash doesn't battle him this soon, since its been established ever since the farfetch evolution episode that the rotom phone wont alert PWC combatants of trainers who are of a different rank class.

It also wouldn't surprise me if Gary dethrones Leon early on before Ash can battle him, which opens up the Mustard arc with Leon visiting his teacher for advice.

I would assume, like in the red and blue game plot, Ash will battle Gary for the crown, and then best him to be number 1.

Gary just seems too good of a trainer to be in the Ultra Class. I think with him catching Moltres, this will prove his strength as an improved trainer. Something both Ash and Goh will admire more about him.
Man it'd be cool if they actually made Ash vs Gary the finale, I couldn't care less about two of the franchise's most overrated Pokemon battling it out.

I doubt they'd go that far, I do see Gary revealing himself to be the Kanto Champion though. It'd explain Lance's digression(unless it was an error, we haven't seen Lance since)
And I'd be pretty cool with Gary getting Moltres, he's one of the few other than Ash and Dawn that I approve of getting a legendary. He deserves it and is quite capable of handling a creature of that power(He'd beat Ash on owning one too I just noticed, heh). Though given Infernape's supposed to be the focus I say it should go to Ash or stay free.

Man it'd be cool if they actually made Ash vs Gary the finale, I couldn't care less about two of the franchise's most overrated Pokemon battling it out.

I doubt they'd go that far, I do see Gary revealing himself to be the Kanto Champion though. It'd explain Lance's digression(unless it was an error, we haven't seen Lance since)
And I'd be pretty cool with Gary getting Moltres, he's one of the few other than Ash and Dawn that I approve of getting a legendary. He deserves it and is quite capable of handling a creature of that power(He'd beat Ash on owning one too I just noticed, heh). Though given Infernape's supposed to be the focus I say it should go to Ash or stay free.
I'm not sure about an Ash vs Gary finale, but I'm just hoping they do end up battling one another again for old times sake. While it wasn't a full 6 on 6 battle, Ash's last battle against Gary did end in a loss (Pikachu vs Electivire), so it would be nice for him to beat Gary again I suppose. It would be interesting to see what his team would look like now as well.

D

Deleted member 384931

This episode looks amazing. But reserves +Moltres+Mew stuff seems a bit much for one episode.

AJ97

This would be pretty awesome. Gary has always been considered as a gifted trainer who was always a couple of steps ahead of Ash. Plus now with his research experience, they could show him as this newly evolved gifted/technical trainer who is effectively able to counter all of Ash's unconventional strategies effortlessly.

That said, him dethroning Leon seems a little too farfetched especially considering how he's been considered as this Unbeatable trainer and how he's Ash's main Goal.

I think giving Gary the Rank 8 spot in the master class would be great. Maybe Ash beats Bea in the Hyper class to get a shot at battling Gary in the Master Class and ends up taking his Rank. The only trainer who I can potentially see as someone who I can see beating Leon other than Ash, is Cynthia. This is only because of the new Sinnoh Games coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.