• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 28th: PM2019 068 - Rivals for Go?! The Road to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I don't think Garry will be a pwc rival. He simply doesn't have the time.I
I think he will just be in that one episode where we saw them fight the fire bird, which was cruel.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
Would it be a shock to anyone if Gary was already in the Masters 8 of the World Tournament. Seeing how he's often steps ahead of Ash. This might also confirm the reason why Ash doesn't battle him this soon, since its been established ever since the farfetch evolution episode that the rotom phone wont alert PWC combatants of trainers who are of a different rank class.

It also wouldn't surprise me if Gary dethrones Leon early on before Ash can battle him, which opens up the Mustard arc with Leon visiting his teacher for advice.

I would assume, like in the red and blue game plot, Ash will battle Gary for the crown, and then best him to be number 1.

Gary just seems too good of a trainer to be in the Ultra Class. I think with him catching Moltres, this will prove his strength as an improved trainer. Something both Ash and Goh will admire more about him.
You are a better thinker and imaginer than the Writers & Staff of this Show. Go and register for a job in the Writing Department.

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
Would it be a shock to anyone if Gary was already in the Masters 8 of the World Tournament. Seeing how he's often steps ahead of Ash. This might also confirm the reason why Ash doesn't battle him this soon, since its been established ever since the farfetch evolution episode that the rotom phone wont alert PWC combatants of trainers who are of a different rank class.

It also wouldn't surprise me if Gary dethrones Leon early on before Ash can battle him, which opens up the Mustard arc with Leon visiting his teacher for advice.

I would assume, like in the red and blue game plot, Ash will battle Gary for the crown, and then best him to be number 1.

Gary just seems too good of a trainer to be in the Ultra Class. I think with him catching Moltres, this will prove his strength as an improved trainer. Something both Ash and Goh will admire more about him.
While I highly doubt it will happen (sounds too good!), Ash vs. Gary for the finale would definitely be something I'd like to see! Gary dethroning Leon before Ash? Ha! If that happens, I'd love to see Ash’s face when he finds out Leon has already been defeated, goes to battle whoever defeated Leon and finds out its Gary!

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
Looking forward to Goh meeting Gary for the first time! Since it definitely sounds like Gary could be a recurring character now with his involvement with Project Mew, just maaaybe Chloe might meet him as well.

janejane6178

Why does Goh need to be put in his place? Did he do something bad that requires him to be taken down a peg?

If so, please specify what it is.
Cuz hes a newbie that wants to catch mythical and leganderies like they were candies. I know that most ppl here think it is ok, but I repsect their opinions. But for me, its not ok.
Its my opinion :p

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Cuz hes a newbie that wants to catch mythical and leganderies like they were candies. I know that most ppl here think it is ok, but I repsect their opinions. But for me, its not ok.
Its my opinion :p
Why would you not want to catch those?

Ultra Beast Lover

The bully argument for Go is so weird, seeing as how he hasn't been a bully towards anyone. Again, Go isn't a psycho or anything, as much as I might joke about it. He's one of the more badly written characters sure but he's not a bad person.

No one really needs to be put in their place. Gary has already been humbled and smacked to kingdom come and back and Go is not going to reevaluate his goal of catching every Pokemon no matter how much we may want it.

janejane6178

The bully argument for Go is so weird, seeing as how he hasn't been a bully towards anyone. Again, Go isn't a psycho or anything, as much as I might joke about it. He's one of the more badly written characters sure but he's not a bad person.

No one really needs to be put in their place. Gary has already been humbled and smacked to kingdom come and back and Go is not going to reevaluate his goal of catching every Pokemon no matter how much we may want it.
Did I say he's a psycho or a bully in my previous post? I dont understand where this is coming from. I simply expressed my opinions. You think he shouldnt be put in his place? Thats fine, its ur opinion and ur entitled to have it. In my opinion, his actions are too too much. Thats all

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
In my opinion, his actions are too too much.
Yes, and Ash was a newbie who suddenly decided he wanted to become POKEMON MASTER.

Ambitious much?

Serena is a newbie performer who wants to become KALOS QUEEN? Are you kidding me?

Dawn and May want to become Top Coordinators? And they only just started their journey? BRUH.

RafaSceptile

Did I say he's a psycho or a bully in my previous post? I dont understand where this is coming from. I simply expressed my opinions. You think he shouldnt be put in his place? Thats fine, its ur opinion and ur entitled to have it. In my opinion, his actions are too too much. Thats all
In your previous post no, but:

uz he is a bully and ew.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
About time Goh gets a rival in this series. Hope they challenge his ideologies in some way like making him question whether or not it is feasible to catch every single Pokemon and think about the role some Pokemon play in the world like Groudon or Kyogre
And plant a seed of doubt about how he treats his Pokemon. He treats them well enough, but maybe he needs to bond with them more and not just focus on the next capture

AJ97

Yes, and Ash was a newbie who suddenly decided he wanted to become POKEMON MASTER.

Ambitious much?

Serena is a newbie performer who wants to become KALOS QUEEN? Are you kidding me?

Dawn and May want to become Top Coordinators? And they only just started their journey? BRUH.

Yes, but Serena, Dawn, May and Ash slowly advanced towards their goals. Dawn didn't start off as a Top Coordinator and put up an even fight against Wallace day 2. Ash was a complete rookie in Kanto and only over the years, improved and became a much better trainer.

And then we have Goh Almost capturing a Zapdos, capturing an Eternatus and a Suicune, and attaining a fully evolved pokemon with hardly any effort.

janejane6178

L
Yes, but Serena, Dawn, May and Ash slowly advanced towards their goals. Dawn didn't start off as a Top Coordinator and put up an even fight against Wallace day 2. Ash was a complete rookie in Kanto and only over the years, improved and became a much better trainer.

And then we have Goh Almost capturing a Zapdos, capturing an Eternatus and a Suicune, and attaining a fully evolved pokemon with hardly any effort.
You are my fav user here.
Fully agree

MartínK

There's no better way to describe it, besides without Pokémon Go sucess the character will never exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.