• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 28th: PM2019 068 - Rivals for Go?! The Road to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
About time Goh gets a rival in this series. Hope they challenge his ideologies in some way like making him question whether or not it is feasible to catch every single Pokemon and think about the role some Pokemon play in the world like Groudon or Kyogre
And plant a seed of doubt about how he treats his Pokemon. He treats them well enough, but maybe he needs to bond with them more and not just focus on the next capture
Goh already understands that certain Pokémon have roles that they need to carry out, we saw it with Suicune. The writers also aren't going to have Goh give up his dream to catch Pokémon. We have been shown that Goh cares for and works to understand his Pokémon, given the PV, it seems like this arc will be about him becoming more serious/ stronger.
Yes, but Serena, Dawn, May and Ash slowly advanced towards their goals. Dawn didn't start off as a Top Coordinator and put up an even fight against Wallace day 2. Ash was a complete rookie in Kanto and only over the years, improved and became a much better trainer.

And then we have Goh Almost capturing a Zapdos, capturing an Eternatus and a Suicune, and attaining a fully evolved pokemon with hardly any effort.
We are not on day 2, and catching a legendary is not the Wallace equivalent of Goh's dream, he wants to catch all Pokémon.

"Didn't" catch Zapdos, caught an already defeated Eternatus which was then sealed, befriended Suicune who is still roaming, and JN is just less stingy with evolutions overall, don't forget Ash's Dragonite evolved because it wanted arms.

Suicune is 1/80 of all legendary and mythical Pokémon. Goh didn't defeat it and he doesn't have it on hand, meaning that capture brings him no closer to getting the other 79, most of which are just as strong or stronger, not to mention every other Pokémon species he hasn't caught.

You are all acting like he is about to complete his goal when he spends most episodes catching Pidgey's and Pansear's.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Staff list:

Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 齋藤徳明 (Noriaki Saito)
Episode Director 牧野吉高 (Yoshitaka Makino)
Animation Director 山崎玲愛 (Rei Yamazaki)
Animation Director 柳原好貴 (Koki Yanagihara)

Goh already understands that certain Pokémon have roles that they need to carry out, we saw it with Suicune. The writers also aren't going to have Goh give up his dream to catch Pokémon. We have been shown that Goh cares for and works to understand his Pokémon, given the PV, it seems like this arc will be about him becoming more serious/ stronger.
I hope so

Decidueye23

Suicune is 1/80 of all legendary and mythical Pokémon. Goh didn't defeat it and he doesn't have it on hand, meaning that capture brings him no closer to getting the other 79, most of which are just as strong or stronger, not to mention every other Pokémon species he hasn't caught.
Alright. Suicuine might not be with him, but you cant deny that if the writers wanted, the next time Goh captures a legendary, they could have suicune pop up and lend a hand. Which is indeed a huge buff.

Or are all his legendary pokemon going to be caught to be saved and then can do whatever they want?. Because his current team is in no shape to beat a legendary, unless he uses a legendary himself.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'll have to trust Yonemura for this one but this had to be a Tomioka episode.
Yonemura is the main writer of the show, so he is more or less supposed to write those kind of episodes. Like his work or not.
Noriaki Sato is a talent to look out for. He started working on the Anime in Late-SM and has been storyboarding important episodes since, he may be a future director.
Thanks for the heads up.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Tomioka is really busy with other projects like Digimon Colon (lol) and who knows what else. I guess they are saving his "slots" for the PWC-related episodes.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
Yonemura is the main writer of the show, so he is more or less supposed to write those kind of episodes. Like his work or not.

Thanks for the heads up.
I know, but after the Mewtwo episode, I lost the trust in him. He has a chance to redeem himself with this, and considering the preview we got, I think he will. This is the same writer who wrote SM042 and avoided most of Ash's old Pokémon and we're going to see many of them now.

Tracey seems to be doomed, once again though.

The episode, of course, will be extremely rushed, but that's a given with this series.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

Not necessarily. Shudo never did a lot of "major plot episodes", and neither did Tomioka during BW. Being the head writer doesn't mean you have to personally script key episodes.

But is it the 'official' one like the recent ones for 67 and 69? I assumed it was a magazine thing only.

The magazine that gave us the summaries for 69 and 70 had this one for 68:
Satoshi and Go visit the Okido Laboratories in Masara Town for the first time in quite a while. There, Go learns from Professor Okido that "Project Mew", a team that will be making a full-scale search for Mew, is recruiting members. Satoshi also learns that the Goukazaru he left in the care of the Okido Laboratories hasn't shown itself recently, so he decides to go look for it together with Go. And believe it or not, along the way they encounter Satoshi's childhood friend and rival Shigeru.

It's the same exact summary we've had since April 23rd.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I know, but after the Mewtwo episode, I lost the trust in him. He has a chance to redeem himself with this, and considering the preview we got, I think he will. This is the same writer who wrote SM042 and avoided most of Ash's old Pokémon and we're going to see many of them now.

The episode, of course, will be extremely rushed, but that's a given with this series.

Well, for this specific episode, I think that's more on Tomiyasu since he also did the storyboard if I recall correctly. At the end of the day, Yonemura's main job is solidifying the vision Tomiyasu has as to show he wants this show to look like.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Wow with so much crammed into this episode let's hope they skip most of the beginning fluff with the kids just arriving at Oak's Lab and the narrator just filling in the exposition.

I do hope that we get a scene of Ash's Pokédex updating to include the Pokèmon he encounters at the lab. It's something minor, but Goh finally needs to see that Ash has his own army too.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Well, for that specific episode, I think that's more on Tomiyasu since he also did the storyboard if I recall correctly. At the end of the day, Yonemura's main job is solidifying the vision Tomiyasu has as to show he wants this show to look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.