• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 28th: PM2019 068 - Rivals for Go?! The Road to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morax

King of heroes
You are a hero if you can make out some of what's written in page that was posted. I tried to check and some kanjis are nearly unreadable for me.

- I think Yonemura was chosen more because of "seniority" since he's only one other than Tomioka who's been around since day one. His presence is probably more to ensure some form of consistency with how the anime always was. There'd be no better person than the guy who's been around for so long.

- Had no idea Tomokazu Seki had voiced Tracey. Learn something new everyday...
Tracey is Gilgamesh?!

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Gou might want that specific one from his youth and they’re after a Mew but he wants THAT Mew and thus rivalry.

How would you be able to tell them apart without a shiny coloring?

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
This episode is probably going to have so much crammed into it. I think it's likely the first episode will be the reintroduction and then the episode after that will follow up on Infernape's disappearance, or a couple of episodes afterward
plus we're getting project mew introduced in this episode as well. so it's entirely possible when project mew is said to have gotten more traction and they have the right supplies/crew then that's when they'll begin the arc
the Iris episode was barely rushed. it would have been nice to see more flashbacks on how iris became champion but what we got was already really good imo. they treated her right in that episode and the moments of growth for both trainers and pokemon were good to see

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
The reason being "we don't want kids to miss over important details and plot points"
And that's a trash reason, especially in an era where the internet is dominant over TV and the Anipoke YT channel themselves uploading each episode to their channel (albeit region locked).

ShadowForce720

Knowing this series it's not gonna do anything cool with Infernape leaving the lab, just something dumb like, "Infernape is just training." And not rotate him at all. Well, if not now then I really hope a future series has Ash keep his Pokemon on a rotational basis, especially if he's not starting off fresh.
It’s literally confirmed that Ash will be using it in a raid battle against Moltres. Heck we even saw Infernape battling Moltres in the Project Mew preview, so I’m not sure where your getting this whole idea that they aren’t doing anything cool with Infernape.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
So last time they ripped off of Power Rangers? What will they try to rip off of this time?

Also, I really hope this episode is like a fight between Goh-and-Gary on who wants to Capture Moltres and I hope Gary ends up catching it and putting Goh in his place.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Because they have adopted a more episodic approach. The reason being "we don't want kids to miss over important details and plot points"
And that's a trash reason, especially in an era where the internet is dominant over TV and the Anipoke YT channel themselves uploading each episode to their channel (albeit region locked).
It's even funnier because Journeys has took a non-episodic approach before

For example you literally HAVE to watch Episode 54 in order for Episode 62 to make any lick of sense lol.

Decidueye23

I want to hold of mu judgement till i see the actual episode, but i really really hope we dont see Cinderace fight on equal footing with Blastoise and infernape. Two pokemon that have been battle hardened!

And dont give me the dragonite just defeated champion Iris's Haxorus without much training. We really dont know how strong was it as a dragonair and even then it is a pseudo so somewhat believable. But we have seen infernape battle hardened and the strenght it got through superior training. So i hope that journeys gives it that respect

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
It's even funnier because Journeys has took a non-episodic approach before

For example you literally HAVE to watch Episode 54 in order for Episode 62 to make any lick of sense lol.
Even so, each of these episodes of each mini-arc are still separated by lengths of unrelated and disconnected episodes. Just look at the Sir Kamon evolution arc, or the Bea arc. The problem with disconnected episodes only further arises when main plot related episodes (and the content within) don't get to be fleshed out properly and everything is crammed into them, yet they can have multiple fillers back to back with mundane stuff? What kind of priorities are these?

DP handled a lot of stuff that JN tries to do (and fails) a lot better.

Last edited:

LucasMV

Why JN like to cram something important to one episode ( first IRis return now this) while gave filler 2 episode on between
I have to agree, partially at least. I think Iris' episode didn't feel that rushed all things considered. Only thing we didn't get was a more detailed explanation as to how she became a Champion. But they probably didn't bother to think of one in the first place.

But I definitely agree that I don't see the point in cramming so much stuff in one episode, like this one with Oak's lab+reserves+Infernape+Gary+Moltres+Project Mew. While this episode is literally surrounded by filler episodes.

Like, I know Pokemon has always had filler episodes, but when important stuff happened, they usually dedicated a few episodes to that plot, before going back to fillers.

Now it just seems like the important episodes are breaks between fillers, not the other way around.
Why are they battling Moltress anyway?
Same reason they battled Lugia, Zapdos and try to battle any legendary pokemon they see. Ash wants to test his strength against them, and Go wants to try and catch it. Gary's reason remains to be seen though.
Also we had a 4 parter with the Galar arc, so there's no excuse for not having more plots that stretch over more than one episode.

AJ97

Ash could still take Infernape with him to the Cerise Lab. Just cause it doesn't appear in the next episode doesn't mean that he will for sure leave it at Oak's again. I mean, there must be a reason Infernape was wandering around instead of staying at Oak's in the first place.

I really hope they dedicate a decent amount of time to Ash's reserves, Go's reaction to them and some interactions between the reserves themselves and with Ash and Go.

I also hope this is just a reintroduction for Gary, and that he will appear again later on in the series.

Ash's sinnoh Pokemon will definitely be used again. It has already been established that Volkner is part of the PWC. This also means there is a very good Chance Flint and the rest of the Sinnoh Elite Four will make an appearance because of the Sinnoh remakes and even from the anime perspective, they have all met Ash in the past, so it would make sense to bring a couple of them back. Especially Flint given his connection to Volkner.

Another character who I definitely see coming back is Cynthia given the fact that she's champion of the Sinnoh. Plus, considering the fact that Journey's has now established that Ash's reserves exist, I see no reason why they won't allow him to use a couple of his reserves for battles during the later stages of the PWC, especially his Sinnoh team.

Decidueye23

In theory there is nothing stopping Gary, Infernape, or any of Ash's other older Pokemon from returning after this episode.
I guess in theory there is nothing stopping from any of the characters from coming back.

We could get Iris as a potential master 8 member who loses to another Master 8 trainer.

The alolan squad could re appear when the boys visit alola.

The episode will most likely go like this:

-Ash and Goh get to Oaks's lab, I assume he called them

-Oak explain to them what is project mew so now Goh knows he is not the only one after mew

-Ash go to check on his reserves and Goh meet them

-Ash notice that infernape is missing and with Goh they look up for it

-They encounter Gary who is probably looking up for Moltres in the Area

- They find Infernape where Moltres is and then have the raid battle

-Gary talks to Ash and Goh for a bit and end of the ep.

Things that might happen:

-Goh or Gary captured Moltres, or it flies away (Ash could capture it, but the chance of this happening are lower that the other 3)

- If infernape left the lab because it was bored ash could take him to Sakuragi's , so he is in the current team

Status
Not open for further replies.