• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 28th: XY074 - Laverre Gym Match! The Beautiful Fairy Trap!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diakyu

Hopefully not what he usually does. Throw Pikachu at the problem to make it go away.
Man I hope not. If that happens I'll be royally pissed. Pikachu has no place pulling through in a trick room situation with the way Ash usually uses him.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Man I hope not. If that happens I'll be royally pissed. Pikachu has no place pulling through in a trick room situation with the way Ash usually uses him.

Well then Ash could simply lose. Idk why that'd be a problem. :/

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
(sorry, misread)

Ash challenges Valerie after the fashion show is over! However, despite Valerie specializing in tricky strategies, Ash bravely goes up against her without any pre-planning. How will this battle turn out!?

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
That summary sounds like Elesa's gym all over again...
Except Elesa's Gym had him pre-plan to the point that he thought he could solo it with Palpitoad.

Haunter ゴースト

Yeah i agree it reminded me of Elesa's Gym, which he happened to win first time.

I'm really curious on whether Ash does win right away, everything points toward him losing yet i don't think he'll lose for some reason.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
"Watching the fight between Ash and Valerie has made Shota incredibly motivated. However, in his excitement, he accidentally ends up dropping his cherished notebook. Ash and friends help him search for it, but none of them are able to find it. You see, Team Rocket already picked it up..."

Why would Shota be excited if Ash loses his battle here?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So then Ash goes up against her with no actual plan in place. Sounds very familiar. Thankfully it looks like karma'll kick in via Trick Room. :p

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
It's is random for a 2v2 to be held by the 6th gym considering how there was never a 2v2 after the second gym except in Hoenn but even then it was because that was the in-game team.

As I played Emerald far more often then Ruby, I tend to forget that Tate and Liza had only Solrock+Lunatone in their original teams. I always picture them having a Xatu and Claydol as well in my mind. Same with Wattson for that matter. I was literally shocked in OmegaRuby when I saw that he didn't have any Hoenn pokémon, daquf happened to his Manectric!

"Watching the fight between Ash and Valerie has made Shota incredibly motivated. However, in his excitement, he accidentally ends up dropping his cherished notebook. Ash and friends help him search for it, but none of them are able to find it. You see, Team Rocket already picked it up..."

Why would Shota be excited if Ash loses his battle here?

Yeah, despite the clunky summary, this seems like it's going to be an eventual win for Ash. Actually, the summary may be written by somebody with the perspective like Shota: "He's going at it without a plan!? how can he win?!?" Then Ash wins, and Shota is "like OMG!"..

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
hoenn is not the only region to have 2 vs 2 gym battles beyond the second gym.

Jouto did it too, Chuck, Jasmine and Pryce all used 2.

Navin

MALDREAD
I mean, Ash shouldn't be overconfident and too excited. That's what cost him the match against Valerie. He has been on-screen training in XY, and his AG self went into gym battles and broke through gym leader strategies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ya I think Ash is gonna win here. Now the only question is does someone else go down before Fletchinder gets in there or not.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Ya I think Ash is gonna win here. Now the only question is does someone else go down before Fletchinder gets in there or not.

I hope not.. But that should give Valerie some serious doubts about her skills to be frank.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I hope not.. But that should give Valerie some serious doubts about her skills to be frank.

Wait, why I hope not?? The only way Fletchinder's gonna star is if Ash used someone else against Slyveon first who lost and then Fletchinder goes in. If Fletchinder gonna go first, I doubt Ash will recall him so then someone else would star.

Status
Not open for further replies.