• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 28th: XY074 - Laverre Gym Match! The Beautiful Fairy Trap!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned

dp045

Well I think Fletchinder star in the battle against Valerie but I think there will be revenge. Why do I say this? in scenes preview of the next episode when Fletchinder fight Sylveon shows two different funds so should be in different locations.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I wouldn't say the fight with Machoke was rushed, I could say it was fast pasted then anything else. Also you can say that Flicthdier fight with Jumpluff is more of the baby bird getting thought the cottony defense

Lol, it was like a minute long battle, come on now. None of that changes the fact that he was fodder, Jumpluff didn't even have an attacking move.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I'm guessing Ash might end up using Pikachu and Fletchinder cause of Iron Tail and Steel Wing? It would be a nice change of pace if Pikachu lost in the first round leaving Fletchinder to double KO. It would be a reverse of the Viola match here with Valerie.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
No I'm pretty sure Fletchinder will.

Unless Ash uses a second Pokemon like Pikachu to fight and he gets more screen-time after Fletchinder loses. In that scenario I wouldn't mind Pikachu's usage since I think Ash'll lose anyway.

nuzamaki90

Well I think Fletchinder star in the battle against Valerie but I think there will be revenge. Why do I say this? in scenes preview of the next episode when Fletchinder fight Sylveon shows two different funds so should be in different locations.

Half of the gym is outside and the other half has pillar-like structures inside

jrizza88

Meteorite
Unless Ash uses a second Pokemon like Pikachu to fight and he gets more screen-time after Fletchinder loses. In that scenario I wouldn't mind Pikachu's usage since I think Ash'll lose anyway.

I sort of think Pikachu won't be used in the rest of the gyms until the last one, unless he gets used in 6, with him being the fall guy in this gym battle?

Well its seems Fletchinder defeated Sylveon and Valerie sends out Spritzee who uses trick room.That could mean another pokemon was sent out to fight Sylveon and lost then Ash used Flethinder who presumably will be the star of the gym.

phanpycross

God-king
Could be fairly interesting is fletchinder knocked out sylveon, and pikachu, as the replacement, got knocked out by spritzee, leaving fletchinder with two good gym wins, but I dont see it happening given how pikachu has been treated in XY so far.

BJack

Zura
Could be fairly interesting is fletchinder knocked out sylveon, and pikachu, as the replacement, got knocked out by spritzee, leaving fletchinder with two good gym wins, but I dont see it happening given how pikachu has been treated in XY so far.

How Pikachu would overcome Trick Room then? I thought the only option was Fletchinder's Gale Wings :s

Last edited:

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
I bet he wins though now. Hope Fletchinder gets both wins. Or one for it and Hawlucha. Frogadier doesn't need anymore, plus he has the upcoming battle with Grovyle which he should win. Pikachu can stay away from this Gym unless he participates and gets no wins.

HOW?

It's only been in 2 gyms, even less than Hawlucha, and It will lose against Grovyle. Wow, the Fletchinder bias is too strong.

Anyway I hope Ash loses here. If he doesn't I won't mind anyway since the uninteresting bird gets no love from me.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
HOW?

It's only been in 2 gyms, even less than Hawlucha, and It will lose against Grovyle. Wow, the Fletchinder bias is too strong.

Anyway I hope Ash loses here. If he doesn't I won't mind anyway since the uninteresting bird gets no love from me.
Frogadier doesn't need a win here. It's 3-1 in Gym Battles. Pikachu is the only other one that can afford not winning.
If it's a 2v2 I'd give the bird both wins. If it's an eventual 3v3 rematch, unless Hawlucha or Noibat is used as the 3rd, I'd have Fletchinder get 2 wins and Frogadier get one.
This is of course assuming Frogadier is Ash's 2nd choice here.

Last edited:

Afrodisiac

Frogadier doesn't need a win here. It's 3-1 in Gym Battles. Pikachu is the only other one that can afford not winning.
If it's a 2v2 I'd give the bird both wins. If it's an eventual 3v3 rematch, unless Hawlucha or Noibat is used as the 3rd, I'd have Fletchinder get 2 wins and Frogadier get one.
This is of course assuming Frogadier is Ash's 2nd choice here.

I'm not saying it should be used here anyway. But the fact that people want it to lose so bad and sit out for the rest of the gyms while at the same time, they want it to fully evolve is so contradictory. All in all Frogadier has done very little impact on the anime for a starter Pokémon compared to the likes of Charizard, Sceptile and Infernape, and even other starters like Bulbasaur and Bayleef. That's why I personally doubt it will fully evolve.

But yeah, let's continue with the Fletchinder & Pikachu dominance at the gyms while the other 2 get shafted once again. Hopefully Noibat will get some little love in the 7th or 8th gym.

I'm not saying it should be used here anyway. But the fact that people want it to lose so bad and sit out for the rest of the gyms while at the same time, they want it to fully evolve is so contradictory. All in all Frogadier has done very little impact on the anime for a starter Pokémon compared to the likes of Charizard, Sceptile and Infernape, and even other starters like Bulbasaur and Bayleef. That's why I personally doubt it will fully evolve.
what has charmander grovyle chimchar done in the first 6 gym badges in their series that have made them stand out more or given more of an impact than frogadier?

Last edited:

p96822

Evolve me please
Lol, it was like a minute long battle, come on now. None of that changes the fact that he was fodder, Jumpluff didn't even have an attacking move.

Well you can say that for Maylene's Machoke as well took a minute to beat too so what is your point about that.

Captain America X

But yeah, let's continue with the Fletchinder & Pikachu dominance at the gyms while the other 2 get shafted once again. Hopefully Noibat will get some little love in the 7th or 8th gym.

Fletchinder dominance?Getting to be the fall guy twice and two very rushed fights doesn't mean that it has been dominating.

Would you rather Frogadier be treated like Sceptile who took part in 6 gyms but was a fall guy 3 times?Heck at this point all Frogadier needs is one more win and he will be tied with Sceptile's number of gym leader pokemon take downs.

That's like saying Sceptile was dominating at the gyms while Swellow was shafted eventhough if you actually went more in detail it was Swellow who was treated better.

Look at their win lose record in the gym and you can definitely see that Frogadier has been treated better than Fletchinder with Frogadier at 3-1 and Fletchinder at 3-5.

Last edited:

Afrodisiac

Fletchinder dominance?Getting to be the fall guy twice and two very rushed fights doesn't mean that it has been dominating.

Would you rather Frogadier be treated like Sceptile who took part in 6 gyms but was a fall guy 3 times?Heck at this point all Frogadier needs is one more win and he will be tied with Sceptile's number of gym leader pokemon take downs.

That's like saying Sceptile was dominating at the gyms while Swellow was shafted eventhough if you actually went more in detail it was Swellow who was treated better.

Look at their win lose record in the gym and you can definitely see that Frogadier has been treated better than Fletchinder with Frogadier at 3-1 and Fletchinder at 3-5.

Frogadier's doing nothing, you know. Because Pokémon are not only memorable for their gym battle record :rolleyes:

But I still stand by my point. Fletchinder will evolve and screenhog the league while the frog will fade into obscurity. Hooray.

what has charmander grovyle chimchar done in the first 6 gym badges in their series that have made them stand out more or given more of an impact than frogadier?

Show personality, have development, have interesting episodes/little plots etc, being ACTUALLY cute and cool. etc.

Last edited:

Captain America X

Frogadier's doing nothing, you know. Because Pokémon are not only memorable for their gym battle record :rolleyes:

But I still stand by my point. Fletchinder will evolve and screenhog the league while the frog will fade into obscurity. Hooray.

At this point Grovyle and Frogadier are basically the same in how their being treated outside of the gym.The only difference between Grovyle and Frogadier is that Grovyle has a more defined personality as the cool,antisocial pokemon.

Also if Grovyle never faded into obscurity eventhough Pikachu,Swellow and Glalie screenhoged the league,what makes you so sure that Frogadier will.

Also there's no way that what you said will happen but hey let's mindlessly hate on Fletchinder.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Meh, there wasn't anything really powerhousey about Machoke and Jumpluff. Surskit yes since he beat Pikachu first but Jumpluff was pretty much fodder and Machoke was rushed as hell.

I was more talking for in the future.. Stuff like Frogadier getting the upperhand on a Barbaracle is also what I'd count for example. :)

Show personality, have development, have interesting episodes/little plots etc, being ACTUALLY cute and cool. etc.

He meant in the actual gym battles. And are you actually saying that you don't find Frogadier cool? It's had plenty of development episodes, two with Sanpei and had the episode in which it and Hawlucha had their interactions clash.

Charmander: Two wins.
- Erika: It beat Weepinbell, fell to Gloom.
- Koga: Fought Venomoth but the battle was undecided, but later beat Koga's Golbat.

Grovyle: Four wins.
- Roxanne: Lost to Geodude.
- Brawly: Beats Geodude then loses to Hariyama. In the rematch it beat Hariyama.
- Flannery: Fights Slugma, but is recalled and loses to Torkoal.
- Norman: Beats Slaking.
- Winona: Beats Altaria

Chimchar: Five wins.
- Roark: Beats Onix under Paul's command, loses to Cranidos.
- Maylene: Fights Meditite, but is recalled and loses to Lucario.
- Fantina: Mismagius and Drifblim.
- Byron: Bronzor and Steelix.

Pignite: Haha! Nobody cares!

Frogadier: Three wins.
- Grant: Beats Onix, loses to Tyrunt.
- Ramos: Beats Weepinbell and Gogoat.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..

I love how we get these kind of reactions in regards to Fletchinder's advantageous battles, however when Staravia was in receipt of similar battles, the majority rejoiced as if it was the second coming..

Status
Not open for further replies.