• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 28th: XY074 - Laverre Gym Match! The Beautiful Fairy Trap!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phanpycross

God-king
I was more talking for in the future.. Stuff like Frogadier getting the upperhand on a Barbaracle is also what I'd count for example. :)

He meant in the actual gym battles. And are you actually saying that you don't find Frogadier cool? It's had plenty of development episodes, two with Sanpei and had the episode in which it and Hawlucha had their interactions clash.

Charmander: Two wins.
- Erika: It beat Weepinbell, fell to Gloom.
- Koga: Fought Venomoth but the battle was undecided, but later beat Koga's Golbat.

Grovyle: Four wins.
- Roxanne: Lost to Geodude.
- Brawly: Beats Geodude then loses to Hariyama. In the rematch it beat Hariyama.
- Flannery: Fights Slugma, but is recalled and loses to Torkoal.
- Norman: Beats Slaking.
- Winona: Beats Altaria

Chimchar: Five wins.
- Roark: Beats Onix under Paul's command, loses to Cranidos.
- Maylene: Fights Meditite, but is recalled and loses to Lucario.
- Fantina: Mismagius and Drifblim.
- Byron: Bronzor and Steelix.

Pignite: Haha! Nobody cares!

Frogadier: Three wins.
- Grant: Beats Onix, loses to Tyrunt.
- Ramos: Beats Weepinbell and Gogoat.
F*cking boo, not only was that a low blow for no reason, but pignite wasnt bad whatsoever, it's interactions with oshawott and snivy were better than any of the interactions in XY so far, and beating cryognal, herdier, and pansear were all shown as powerful opponents.

Considering Pignite shared screentime with two other starters (one of which was f*cking oshawott), it's pretty damn sad that Frogadier cant even match half it's personality, and prolly never will.

Navin

MALDREAD
At this point, it's the Bird and the Wrestler who need wins. Fletch is sitting at 3-5, and Lucha is sitting at 2-3. Neither have a win against the gym leader's ace.

If Fletch does the Wattson-Wake here, I want this to be its final gym. A 2-0 would put its record at 5-5 and a starring win. The seventh gym can be saved for the Bat and the Wrestler, and the final gym for the Frog.

I love how we get these kind of reactions in regards to Fletchinder's advantageous battles, however when Staravia was in receipt of similar battles, the majority rejoiced as if it was the second coming..

People fangirled too much for "muh Brave Burd".

Captain America X

At this point, it's the Bird and the Wrestler who need wins. Fletch is sitting at 3-5, and Lucha is sitting at 2-3. Neither have a win against the gym leader's ace.

If Fletch does the Wattson-Wake here, I want this to be its final gym. A 2-0 would put its record at 5-5 and a starring win. The seventh gym can be saved for the Bat and the Wrestler, and the final gym for the Frog.

People fangirled too much for "muh Brave Burd".

Yeah,6th for Fletchinder,7th for Hawlucha and Noibat or the next capture ,and 8th for Frogadier is good

Fletchinder getting Flare Blitz when it evolves will probably change their reaction

phanpycross

God-king
Yeah,6th for Fletchinder,7th for Hawlucha and Noibat or the next capture ,and 8th for Frogadier is good

Fletchinder getting Flare Blitz when it evolves will probably change their reaction

Maybe if we all play loud enough, Hawlucha could star against Wulfric or Alain, and everybody could end up with a starring gym.

Captain America X

Maybe if we all play loud enough, Hawlucha could star against Wulfric or Alain, and everybody could end up with a starring gym.

You mean the 6th pokemon could star against Wulfric,since Hawlucha could star in the 7th alongside Noibat.

It would be nice but very unlikely since there will always be atleast one pokemon without a starring role

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well you can say that for Maylene's Machoke as well took a minute to beat too so what is your point about that.

My point is that these rushed *** battles are not a saving point and shouldn't be treated as some victory.

I love how we get these kind of reactions in regards to Fletchinder's advantageous battles, however when Staravia was in receipt of similar battles, the majority rejoiced as if it was the second coming..

Hey I never rejoiced about Staravia's anything.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I was more talking for in the future.. Stuff like Frogadier getting the upperhand on a Barbaracle is also what I'd count for example. :)

He meant in the actual gym battles. And are you actually saying that you don't find Frogadier cool? It's had plenty of development episodes, two with Sanpei and had the episode in which it and Hawlucha had their interactions clash.

- Koga: Fought Venomoth but the battle was undecided, but later beat Koga's Golbat.

- Brawly: Beats Geodude then loses to Hariyama. In the rematch it beat Hariyama.

A lot of people liked Pignite actually.
F*cking boo, not only was that a low blow for no reason, but pignite wasnt bad whatsoever, it's interactions with oshawott and snivy were better than any of the interactions in XY so far, and beating cryognal, herdier, and pansear were all shown as powerful opponents.

Considering Pignite shared screentime with two other starters (one of which was f*cking oshawott), it's pretty damn sad that Frogadier cant even match half it's personality, and prolly never will.

Don't forget Scolipede, my good friend.

But yeah Frogadier is indeed a good battler in my opinion (and I'm hoping it battles in this gym) but it's personality took a step back when Froakie evolved. I liked Froakie and Fenniken's interactions. And unless they give Greninja some sort of tongue-licking affectionate type of thing, I can't see Frogadier's personality becoming less stale.

p96822

Evolve me please

Your forgetting Candice Snover and Ambombsnow

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

I'm just observing what GreenEyes and Tak310 were saying. GreenEyes mentioned: Charizard, Sceptile and Infernape, and even other starters: Bulbasaur and Bayleef.

Tak310 went on with Charmander, Grovyle and Chimchar (not including Bulbasaur and Bayleef, nor anything else).

Hence no mention of any Unovian starter, of the bunch I reckoned Pignite to be the best. But in all, I don't hate on Pignite, it's contribution in the first six gyms is just rather minimal.

Pignite: Won twice, lost twice.
Vs. Chili: Beat Pansear
Vs. Lenora: Lost to Lillipup and then beat Herdier.
Vs. Burgh: Lost to Dwebble

That's it. It beat two critters in the first six gyms. Granted, it didn't get to participate in gyms 4, 5, 6, but did well in 7 and 8. Mostly due to Ash stocking up on his team to fast.

Where is this Frogadier hate coming from though? Frogadier's got emotions too, the thing even blushes!

Your forgetting Candice Snover and Ambombsnow

No, I'm not. The post I replied to mentioned: What did Charmander, Grovyle and Chimchar do up to the sixth gym. Snowpoint is the seventh gym, hence I didn't include it.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I have faith that Ash would win this battle, he may have trouble with the trick room tactic but I am sure he would get past that issue. Fletchinder is gonna be used, I suppose Pikachu might be his second choice as it has Iron Tail.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
If by some freak chance Ash loses... there is no conceivable strategy that Ash can develop to beat Trick Room outside of teaching one of his Pokemon Taunt, unless he's gonna make his Pokemon slower, which would still backfire as Valerie would have no reason to activate it. Since Ash is against status moves that shutdown the opponent's strategy and capabilities completely, he's no better off going in blindly as he is going in with a plan. The one technique that stands a chance that Ash did develop has gone incognito because he's no longer in the Sinnoh region.

p96822

Evolve me please
So Ash used a fire type or a flying type for every on 6 badge to date

Pidgetto and Charmander
Cyderquil
Swellow
Glisor with Fire fang
Unfezzent

ShadowForce720

If by some freak chance Ash loses... there is no conceivable strategy that Ash can develop to beat Trick Room outside of teaching one of his Pokemon Taunt, unless he's gonna make his Pokemon slower, which would still backfire as Valerie would have no reason to activate it. Since Ash is against status moves that shutdown the opponent's strategy and capabilities completely, he's no better off going in blindly as he is going in with a plan. The one technique that stands a chance that Ash did develop has gone incognito because he's no longer in the Sinnoh region.

If he loses then he will have plenty of time to developed a strategy and you do realize that since we know that he is going to have to win the gym battle eventually, if he loses here he will have a strategy to counter Trick Room in the rematch.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach

I still think Frogadier's Frubbles would probably be a counter, since they're not an actual move. It was abused with Wobbuffet's Mirror Coat, so I could see it being utilized against Spritzee if Fletchinder falls first. But if Fletchinder is the one to star . . . well, beyond Gale Wings, which I find highly unlikely, I think it it is by far Ash's most susceptible Pokemon to getting dominated by Trick Room, given that its main strategy is literally to boost its speed with each consecutive move. But then again, the Pokemon who is most disadvantaged is often the one who turns the tables.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I still think Frogadier's Frubbles would probably be a counter, since they're not an actual move. It was abused with Wobbuffet's Mirror Coat, so I could see it being utilized against Spritzee if Fletchinder falls first. But if Fletchinder is the one to star . . . well, beyond Gale Wings, which I find highly unlikely, I think it it is by far Ash's most susceptible Pokemon to getting dominated by Trick Room, given that its main strategy is literally to boost its speed with each consecutive move. But then again, the Pokemon who is most disadvantaged is often the one who turns the tables.
I suppose that's the case... but relying on Frubble underwhelms me. It's basically a Sticky Web/Thunder-Wave Combo that guarantees a free shot

Status
Not open for further replies.