• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 28th: XY074 - Laverre Gym Match! The Beautiful Fairy Trap!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
It's a meager 2-on-2 match, with the Gym Leader using a Spritzee of all things as her ace, plus using a strategy that we've seen before. To me that's awful. :/
We've seen Trick Room in use once and that was half a decade ago. So what if she uses a Sprtizee, its not as if the anime hasn't shown that "weak" Pokemon can be powerful. A freaking Pikachu beat a Regice and tied a Latios, so at that point griping because an unevolved Pokemon is a Gym Leader's ace seems like a weak argument. A 2v2 can still be good and even better than some of the traditional 3v3s. Its not as if the Ash vs. Viola suffered from being a 2v2.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
It's a meager 2-on-2 match, with the Gym Leader using a Spritzee of all things as her ace, plus using a strategy that we've seen before. To me that's awful. :/

we've only seen Trick Room once...

You know what the ironic thing is, a lot of people were complaining about gym leaders not using enough Kalos based pokemon, yet here people get said wish and still don't like it.

We've seen Trick Room in use once and that was half a decade ago. So what if she uses a Sprtizee, its not as if the anime hasn't shown that "weak" Pokemon can be powerful. A freaking Pikachu beat a Regice and tied a Latios, so at that point griping because an unevolved Pokemon is a Gym Leader's ace seems like a weak argument. A 2v2 can still be good and even better than some of the traditional 3v3s. Its not as if the Ash vs. Viola suffered from being a 2v2.

Ash's pikachu is an exception.

But i agree that weak pokemon by game standards can be strong in the anime and beat pokemon powerful than them.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Ash's pikachu is an exception.

But i agree that weak pokemon by game standards can be strong in the anime and beat pokemon powerful than them.

That's true. If we want another example we should look at Bulbasaur beating a Meganium at the Johto League. That should show that "weak" Pokémon can be strong. Sure, it may be labeled as "DEM" or "convenient win" by some people, but it still happened and could happen again.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm excited that this gym is finally happening. Now I just hope the writers finally give my bro Fletchinder the love he deserves :).

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Its not as if the Ash vs. Viola suffered from being a 2v2.

In my opinion, it kind of did. It made it so that Ash could only use two Pokemon while Froakie was snubbed. 2-on-2 this late in XY with Ash having 4 Pokemon he could use is just disappointing imho. :(

That's true. If we want another example we should look at Bulbasaur beating a Meganium at the Johto League. That should show that "weak" Pokémon can be strong. Sure, it may be labeled as "DEM" or "convenient win" by some people, but it still happened and could happen again.

I'm fairly sure that the anime writers don't give a damn about which pokemon is strong and which is weak in the games, they just go with flow.

DEM is a term that people use for the character they dislike, imo there's no such thing as DEM, it's all crap made by fans so they could bash characters they don't like.

Last edited:

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
In my opinion, it kind of did. It made it so that Ash could only use two Pokemon while Froakie was snubbed. 2-on-2 this late in XY with Ash having 4 Pokemon he could use is just disappointing imho. :(

Did Froakie not being in the first gym cause any long term issues the answer is no and the same applies to this gym too for the Pokemon not battle in this gym too.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I still think Ash will win here. None of the current summaries for upcoming episodes seem to hint at him losing.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ya I think Ash will win here. The whole gym reeks of the underdog victory. It's pretty much Nimbasa but with no plan lol.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Who exactly is the underdog? Last time i checked ash was kicking every trainers *** he battled.

Lol Ash is ALWAYS the underdog. The only time he gets to completely pwn anybody in battle is when they are literally a new trainer with a brand now pokemon and even then he sometimes still loses. Or when they give Pikachu some DEM crazy power boost out of no where.

Status
Not open for further replies.