• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 28th: XY074 - Laverre Gym Match! The Beautiful Fairy Trap!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ash took out Chuck with only Bayleef and he didn't get down about it.

That happened in OS though, so it might not "count" as a good example given how Ash's OS victories are usually snubbed. :x

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
If they explicit say, that Ash is unprepared and combined that with some earlier summary, it's pretty likely for Ash losing here, especially after the Santalune gym battle, where he was unprepared too.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
If they explicit say, that Ash is unprepared and combined that with some earlier summary, it's pretty likely for Ash losing here, especially after the Santalune gym battle, where he was unprepared too.
They also said something similar for Korrina and IIRC Ash didn't exactly have a game-plan for Ramos either. So far Viola Part 2 and Grant have been the Gyms where he's had specialized training for a counter-strategy beforehand in Kalos. Ash is mostly a "think on the fly" kind of tactician.
Granted I'd prefer for him to lose here with Fletchinder getting the only KO here, have a little training in-between and comeback a couple of episodes later to win a 3v3 with Fletchinder getting the final KO there. If that scenario doesn't work then I want Ash to win a 2v2 here with Fletchinder getting both wins. As long as its not Hawlucha, Ash's other 2 Pokemon can afford the loss here.

Absketchum

I think Ash will win here now..
Apart from fletchinder starring i am thinking who will be Ash's second pkmn? I really want to see a Pikachu lose tho..

Sidagam

I don't think I've ever wanted Ash to lose a gym battle more before but man it'd be good to do it here. I hate the idea of him being 6 badges into his quest with only 4 pokemon on his team, and the 6th gym battle, against a new type no less, only being a 2 v 2. It just seems so anticlimactic. Have him lose here with Fletchinder getting the win against Sylveon then everyone losing due to trick room, leave to develop a new strategy, maybe teach his team some new moves, pick up Noibat, then return to take the win.

I bet he wins though now. Hope Fletchinder gets both wins. Or one for it and Hawlucha. Frogadier doesn't need anymore, plus he has the upcoming battle with Grovyle which he should win. Pikachu can stay away from this Gym unless he participates and gets no wins.

--VIRGO--

What I think new gym's type doesn't mean much. Olivine Gym introduced new type as well and Ash still came victorious. When comes to Ash's Pokémon in his current team the best choice seems to be Pikachu and Fletchinder. Pikachu due to his Iron Tail and Fletchinder due to his Steel Wing and fire type which gives him resistance to Fairy type moves. Frogadier is neutral. No resistance. No Advantage. The worst is Hawlucha due to Fighting type being weak to Fairy type moves.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Ash took out Chuck with only Bayleef and he didn't get down about it.

Chuck saw Ash used his methods that they trained on and emulating the getting primed for battle. Emulating is the biggest form of flattery.

Wait, why I hope not?? The only way Fletchinder's gonna star is if Ash used someone else against Slyveon first who lost and then Fletchinder goes in. If Fletchinder gonna go first, I doubt Ash will recall him so then someone else would star.

I honestly have no clue why I said that.. It just doesn't sit with me well. The writers are already giving Ash's team no chances to fight officially. The only way I'd be fine with Fletchinder not starring here is if Ash by freak miracle sends out Hawlucha vs. Spritzee and Hawlucha manages to win with Poison Jab or something.

Whatever happens, this seems more and more like a Nimbasa-situation. Where the "powerhouse threat" is taken out first and the two tricky threats show up, with Palpitoad beating Elesa's monster Zebstrika. If Fletchinder beats Sylveon it will go to its record of beating powerhouses in my eyes and would be comparable to Frogadier beating Ramos' Gogoat, despite not officially being the "starring" match.

What I think new gym's type doesn't mean much. Olivine Gym introduced new type as well and Ash still came victorious.

When comes to Ash's Pokémon in his current team the best choices seem to be Pikachu and Fletchinder. Pikachu due to his Iron Tail and Fletchinder due to his Steel Wing and fire type which gives him resistance to Fairy type moves. Frogadier is neutral. No resistance. No Advantage. The worst is Hawlucha due to Fighting type being weak to Fairy type moves.

The difference being that Ash at that point knew a bit more about the Steel-type then Ash does now about the Fairy-type. Ash fought that Skarmory in Johto and knew that Fire would eventually be the key. He's fought Penelope's Sylveon with Froakie, but he didn't have a clue about weaknesses or resistances. Then the Wigglytuff episode aired and it became clear that Fairies apparently are immune to dragons, which is irrelevant to Ash at this point. So technically, Ash has no clue that Pikachu and Fletchinder are the best choices.

Soniman

Break the Limit
I think theres a chance he could lose, its a bit odd for the summary to point out how unprepared Ash is

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Yeah I'm still going with the theory of Ash losing here. The summary still makes it sound like he may lose and I also feel the pacing between the last few gyms is going way too fast imo.

Absketchum

Yeah I'm still going with the theory of Ash losing here. The summary still makes it sound like he may lose and I also feel the pacing between the last few gyms is going way too fast imo.

I agree with the pacing reasoning but the summary of next episode makes me feel otherwise..
I wont understand Shota"s motivation if Ash loses..

ShadowForce720

I agree with the pacing reasoning but the summary of next episode makes me feel otherwise..
I wont understand Shota"s motivation if Ash loses..

Well maybe Ash has a strong showing here but still loses. It would also impress Shota if Shota was unable to defeat any of Valeria's pokemon but Ash had been able to defeat one even if Ash still lost.

DotKU

Champion
I dont know if anyone has mentioned this, but in the preview it seemed that Ash was battling her in two different places, one in some fashion(?) room and one in what seems to be her gym. So if that's the case, he might lose.

BJack

Zura
I don't see why Ash losing would dissapoint Shota, he seems like an excitable kid, even if Ash loses he could still be impressesd by the battle

Chomper4

I'm guessing Hawlucha will star in the gym battle against Valerie.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Chuck saw Ash used his methods that they trained on and emulating the getting primed for battle. Emulating is the biggest form of flattery.

I honestly have no clue why I said that.. It just doesn't sit with me well. The writers are already giving Ash's team no chances to fight officially. The only way I'd be fine with Fletchinder not starring here is if Ash by freak miracle sends out Hawlucha vs. Spritzee and Hawlucha manages to win with Poison Jab or something.

Whatever happens, this seems more and more like a Nimbasa-situation. Where the "powerhouse threat" is taken out first and the two tricky threats show up, with Palpitoad beating Elesa's monster Zebstrika. If Fletchinder beats Sylveon it will go to its record of beating powerhouses in my eyes and would be comparable to Frogadier beating Ramos' Gogoat, despite not officially being the "starring" match.

The difference being that Ash at that point knew a bit more about the Steel-type then Ash does now about the Fairy-type. Ash fought that Skarmory in Johto and knew that Fire would eventually be the key. He's fought Penelope's Sylveon with Froakie, but he didn't have a clue about weaknesses or resistances. Then the Wigglytuff episode aired and it became clear that Fairies apparently are immune to dragons, which is irrelevant to Ash at this point. So technically, Ash has no clue that Pikachu and Fletchinder are the best choices.

Meh, there wasn't anything really powerhousey about Machoke and Jumpluff. Surskit yes since he beat Pikachu first but Jumpluff was pretty much fodder and Machoke was rushed as hell.

p96822

Evolve me please
Meh, there wasn't anything really powerhousey about Machoke and Jumpluff. Surskit yes since he beat Pikachu first but Jumpluff was pretty much fodder and Machoke was rushed as hell.

I wouldn't say the fight with Machoke was rushed, I could say it was fast pasted then anything else. Also you can say that Flicthdier fight with Jumpluff is more of the baby bird getting thought the cottony defense

Status
Not open for further replies.