• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 28th: XY074 - Laverre Gym Match! The Beautiful Fairy Trap!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
Could it be that we see Shota battles Valerie as well. 2 simple 2 on 2 are double in 22 minutes.
Cause Treecko evolved and I doubt that will happen in the middle of the fight with Ash.
So Valerie could use Mr Mime and Mawile against Shota.

Last edited:

Captain America X

After checking, I'm 99% sure that Hawlucha was hit by Moonblast.
Sphere that hit Hawlucha: http://www.serebiiforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14625&d=1432353151
Moonblast that we saw used by a Sylveon: http://38.media.tumblr.com/352eab24dc990a4d58fb93a5706c8917/tumblr_n3wf15tpkt1s5h198o3_400.gif
(Also, in the opening, we see Spritzee using Moonblast.)

Except that Spritzee here was spinning it's body instead of firing an energy blast.This is Gyro Ball.

Could it be that we see Shota battles Valerie as well. 2 simple 2 on 2 are double in 22 minutes.
Cause Treecko evolved and I doubt that will happen in the middle of the fight with Ash.
Shota still has Treecko in the next episode.So it's evolving in the next episode.

Johnser

I still think Spritzee's going last since it seems like Valerie's main Pokemon from what we've seen.

Oh yeah I forgot about the opening. So Fletchinder may get destroyed by Trick Room + Gyro Ball then.

Let's hope for some sweeping by Fletchinder! Though, Hawlucha seems the star here and I wanted him to be in the psychic gym against the cats with Greninja (evolve him).

Poison jab maybe?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Do you think Ash will react as if he had never seen a Trick Room? No Sinnoh League references, right?

I don't expect a flashback but they really can't have him act like he's never seen it.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I don't expect a flashback but they really can't have him act like he's never seen it.

I'm somehow starting to feel the disappointment, trick room was kind of gible stabilising moment.

JD

No. Spritzee's Gyro Ball has a different animation. This was a Moonblas. The writers just put another segment of the battle before we saw Hawlucha being hit.

No it's not, Moonblast is not a physical move why would Spritzee roll itself into a ball and slam into Hawlucha in order to use Moonblast? We've seen Moonblast in the past its an energy ball that the Pokemon shoots from its mouth.

Edit: Oh wait my apologies it is Moonblast, Spritzee does use Gyro Ball but we don't see who it hits it with.

ShadowForce720

No it's not, Moonblast is not a physical move why would Spritzee roll itself into a ball and slam into Hawlucha in order to use Moonblast? We've seen Moonblast in the past its an energy ball that the Pokemon shoots from its mouth.

Edit: Oh wait my apologies it is Moonblast, Spritzee does use Gyro Ball but we don't see who it hits it with.

I have to say that the way they did the preview made it look like that Hawlucha was getting hit by Gyro Ball but it turns out to be Moonblast. So Spritzee's move set is this: Trick Room, Dazzling Gleam, Gyro Ball, Moonblast. Now in regards to whether or not a single Gyro Ball would be enough to take out Hawlucha well Trick Room allows Spritzee to attack first but Spritzee's speed stays the same and since Hawlucha would most likely be faster then Spritzee and Gyro Ball does more damage the faster the oppoenent is compared to the user that means that it is possible for Hawlucha to be knocked out by a single Gyro Ball since Steel type moves do neutral damage.
While Fletchinder on the other hand can survive being hit by one Gyro Ball since it is resistant to steel type moves it has to make sure that it doesn't get hit by Gyro Ball more then once otherwise it could easily be knocked out.
Also In regards to Hawlucha a single hit from Moonblast may knocked out, although if it were to get hit by both Moonblast and Gyro Ball then yes it's definitely getting knocked. Although in regards to Moonblast it maybe able to get back up from one Moonblast while a single Gyro Ball would knocked it out.

phanpycross

God-king
Part of me wonders if "Gyro ball" is actually some improvised move that uses Spritzee's Trick-Room enhanced speed to hit extra hard with moon-blast.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I'd love to see her battle Shota again, but I doubt it'll happen here. Even though Valerie versus Ash will just be a measly 2-on-2, I expect that it'll fill up the time slot nicely even with no TR shenanigans.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Get TV preview:
- Sylveon uses a tornado-like move
- Spritzee's Dazzling Gleam kinda slams Fletchinder into the wall

Yeah, the preview focused solely on Fletchinder, so it's stans may feel relieved by now.

Hawlucha, sis...

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Did Sylveon use Fairy Wind? I still hope that Ash'll switch to Hawlucha to finish off Sylveon though.

Rohanator

You know, the only glimpse of Hawlucha we have is a single shot of him getting smashed in the first preview. The first summary page that revealed the episode, the hype preview of upcoming episodes, and now the Get TV preview all show nothing but Fletchinder, it'd be weird if Hawlucha ended up taking the final spotlight imo. Though the sudden mood change in this preview makes it feel more like Ash might actually lose. Of course the following episodes make it unlikely but the end result seems to be fair game till we see the actual episode. Kinda refreshing, usually it's super obvious who wins.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Looks like Ash will lose with that last bit of the preview. Hawlucha starring out of nowhere is possible, but not very likely with the previews showing it only fighting a couple of seconds.

With that I want to know how they will fill the episode besides of the gym battle because it isn't very likely that a simple 2vs2 could fill a 20 minute episode.

Last edited:

JD

I feel like if there was a rematch we would have known by there, none of the next episode summaries mention Ash training for a rematch or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.