• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 31st: SM77 - Kuchinashi's Grand Trial! The Awakening of Lugarugan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanator

@Rohanator - The Question is:

What Z-Crystal will Ash Ketchum receive from Kahuna Nanu - Darkium Z,Ghostium Z,Incinium Z or Lycanium Z
Probably Darkium Z that'll evolve into Incinium Z, if they wanna keep that trend up. I'd be surprised if they ended things with a normal Rock Z-move in this episode, unless Lycanroc really is the ace of the whole series and they're STILL planning on giving it some huge moment and saving its own Z-move for later. I rather they moved on and just focused on the little guys though.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I forgot to mention that I'm excluding Absol as a option since Lusamine has one on her team.
I doubt he will ever meet Lusamine in the near future so I think he could have Absol.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Kahuna Hapu will be the toughest battle of all the Kahunas because Kahuna Hapu is the last Kahuna of the Island Challenge so in a sense,the Kahuna Hapu Grand Trial will be too tricky for Ash to beat
Additionally, every member of Ash's team (with the exception of Rowlet) is weak to Ground.

Dusk Mane Necrozma

Necrozma fused with Solgaleo
@RileyXY1 - If Ash's Rowlet evolves all the way to a Decidueye and he caught a sixth Pokemon that is stronger to Ground Type then the battle against Kahuna Hapu will not be ALL that hard and tricky to beat

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I doubt he will ever meet Lusamine in the near future so I think he could have Absol.

I think so for two season
1. He has other options besides Absol
2. They changed Olivia' Lycanroc form because of Gladion so the same logic applies here

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
@RileyXY1 - If Ash's Rowlet evolves all the way to a Decidueye and he caught a sixth Pokemon that is stronger to Ground Type then the battle against Kahuna Hapu will not be ALL that hard and tricky to beat
You forget that Typing means absolutely nothing in the anime, so even if Ash had a kyogre at his command, Hapu would still mop the floor with it because the Plot said so

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
You forget that Typing means absolutely nothing in the anime, so even if Ash had a kyogre at his command, Hapu would still mop the floor with it because the Plot said so
You're right on that one. Hapu can easily sweep Ash's team.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
That would be more humiliating for Kyogre due of its legendary status though. It's a good thing Ash didn't catch legendaries.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
You're right on that one. Hapu can easily sweep Ash's team.
That sound like a really wierd imagination at this point when Ash himself is very likely sweeping a strong Kahuna Nanu in this episode with only his Lycanroc.

Maybe Rowlet would evolve against Hapu and mop the floor with her easily, who knows?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I think so for two season
1. He has other options besides Absol
2. They changed Olivia' Lycanroc form because of Gladion so the same logic applies here
Anyway I think it's more likely he will have Alolan Persian than a Honchkrow because of the Alolan Meowths in the Ula'ula Police Office and it is expected that he has some fascination with such Pokémon. Anyway we've haven't seen Honchkrow in a while so it will be nice to see it back for a while although I don't see it replace Alolan Persian but replace Sableye instead.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
That sound like a really wierd imagination at this point when Ash himself is very likely sweeping a strong Kahuna Nanu in this episode with only his Lycanroc.

Maybe Rowlet would evolve against Hapu and mop the floor with her easily, who knows?
Ash is for sure losing to Hapu. She can mop the floor with almost all of Ash's team because every single one of his Pokemon (aside from Rowlet) is weak to Ground. And, some people (not me) think that Rowlet is gonna stay a Rowlet.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I kind of hope Lycanroc gets another new move here, I mean right now it has nothing but Tackle that does normal damage to Krookodile. Even something like Counter or at least an upgraded Tackle would help it(Thrash/Rock Climb).

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I kind of hope Lycanroc gets another new move here, I mean right now it has nothing but Tackle that does normal damage to Krookodile. Even something like Counter or at least an upgraded Tackle would help it(Thrash/Rock Climb).
Agreed, unless something happens, this is going to look silly for Lycanroc to win all three. I am still not buying it whatsoever that Lycanroc got strong enough with that ONE Tapu battle when he get WRECKED by Krookodile earlier. Idk how I am going to feel about this episode..

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ash is for sure losing to Hapu. She can mop the floor with almost all of Ash's team because every single one of his Pokemon (aside from Rowlet) is weak to Ground. And, some people (not me) think that Rowlet is gonna stay a Rowlet.
Since the writers have already had Ash lose to Nanu once here, I doubt they will once again have him lose against Hapu. Ash at least looses one Gym battle per region and in SM he has fulfilled their criteria here against Nanu. So I don't see much of a reason for him to lose against Hapu.

If the writers want Ash to win against Hapu right off the bat, he will, as simple as that. Then plot armour would be in Ash's favour and nothing would stop Ash from winning.

And you do realise that type advantage isn't everything in the anime otherwise:

1) Ash's Charizard had no business defeating Gary's Golem + Blastoise with Charizard having a 4× weakness to Rock and 2× weakness to Water.

2) Iris's Dragonite had no business defeating Georgia's Beartic + Dawn's Mamoswine with Dragonite having 4× weaknesses to Ice in both cases.

3) Ash-Greninja had no business winning against Sawyer's Mega Sceptile with Mega Sceptile having 4× resistance to Water and Ash-Greninja having 2× weakness to Grass.

So see, type advantage isn't everything in the anime when the plot demands for someone to win.

And it doesn't matter what many people think, because we still can't rule out Ash's Rowlet evolving, there is still time left for it. If Rowlet evolves against Hapu, Ash has a very great chance of winning there.

So no, you can't anyway guarantee that Ash would lose to Hapu.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

Firstly, Ash's first battle against Nanu is proof that the Kahunas are not all necessarily equal in strength. Lycanroc struggled against, and ultimately lost to, Nanu's Krookodile, even though it, alongside Rowlet, was able to defeat Olivia's Probopass and Midday Lycanroc when it was still a Rockruff. The idea of Hapu sweeping the floor with Ash's team is not odd at all, especially considering that most of his team right now is weak against Ground types. Hapu may be stronger than Nanu—who knows?

Secondly, to me, "a sweep" implies that the victor had little trouble against its opponent, and I don't think that's going to be the case here. Even though Lycanroc learned a new move in SM75, I still think it's going to struggle against Nanu's Pokémon, especially his ace (whoever that is). Ash is at a serious disadvantage here, having to use only one Pokémon against three.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Firstly, Ash's first battle against Nanu is proof that the Kahunas are not all necessarily equal in strength. Lycanroc struggled against, and ultimately lost to, Nanu's Krookodile, even though it, alongside Rowlet, was able to defeat Olivia's Probopass and Midday Lycanroc when it was still a Rockruff. The idea of Hapu sweeping the floor with Ash's team is not odd at all, especially considering that most of his team right now is weak against Ground types. Hapu may be stronger than Nanu—who knows?

Secondly, to me, "a sweep" implies that the victor had little trouble against its opponent, and I don't think that's going to be the case here. Even though Lycanroc learned a new move in SM75, I still think it's going to struggle against Nanu's Pokémon, especially his ace (whoever that is). Ash is at a serious disadvantage here, having to use only one Pokémon against three.
Read my post I just made above. Type advantage isn't everything in the anime when the plot demands for someone to win. And I don't really think that the writers would make Ash lose again to Hapu, especially when he already has lost once to Nanu here. Ash looses at least one to a Gym Leader every region, and he has fulfilled that criteria here against Nanu.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Read my post I just made above. Type advantage isn't everything in the anime when the plot demands for someone to win. And I don't really think that the writers would make Ash lose again to Hapu, especially when he already has list once to Nanu here. Ash looses at least one to a Gym Leader every region, and he has fulfilled that criteria here against Nanu.

I am on the fence about Ash losing to Hapu. Hapu should win a if she's trying to prove herself to the Tapu to become the kahuna. If she already is the hakuna by the time Ash battles her, then she should lose or draw with Ash imo.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Read my post I just made above. Type advantage isn't everything in the anime when the plot demands for someone to win. And I don't really think that the writers would make Ash lose again to Hapu, especially when he already has list once to Nanu here. Ash looses at least one to a Gym Leader every region, and he has fulfilled that criteria here against Nanu.
Reread my post. I said the idea of Hapu defeating Ash is not an odd one (you argued it was). One of the reasons for that is that his entire team, sans Rowlet, is weak against Ground types. I'm well aware that type advantage isn't everything in the anime, especially when plot demands it, but the anime does often take type advantage into account, too.

Master Pikachu 11

Probably Darkium Z that'll evolve into Incinium Z, if they wanna keep that trend up. I'd be surprised if they ended things with a normal Rock Z-move in this episode, unless Lycanroc really is the ace of the whole series and they're STILL planning on giving it some huge moment and saving its own Z-move for later. I rather they moved on and just focused on the little guys though.

The evolving crystal only applies to Ash and Pikachu’s crystal as that is a very unique z move that only Ash’s Pikachu can use. Darkium will not evolve into Incinium as Mimikyu and Eevee’s crystals, have proven that signature crystals are separate crystals that don’t evolve from a regular crystal.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I am on the fence about Ash losing to Hapu. Hapu should win a if she's trying to prove herself to the Tapu to become the kahuna. If she already is the hakuna by the time Ash battles her, then she should lose or draw with Ash imo.
what if hapu wrecks gladion and not ash to prove herself as a kahuna? IDK why, I literally just came up with that

Status
Not open for further replies.