• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 31st: SM77 - Kuchinashi's Grand Trial! The Awakening of Lugarugan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
what if hapu wrecks gladion and not ash to prove herself as a kahuna? IDK why, I literally just came up with that
Ooo, I actually like the sounds of that. Not only would that prove to Gladion that Ash is on his level of battles and give him respect, we'd get to see Gladion lose :p jk jk but I like that idea lol.

Rohanator

The evolving crystal only applies to Ash and Pikachu’s crystal as that is a very unique z move that only Ash’s Pikachu can use. Darkium will not evolve into Incinium as Mimikyu and Eevee’s crystals, have proven that signature crystals are separate crystals that don’t evolve from a regular crystal.
I mean, that's not illogical or anything but it also hasn't been stated anywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened to Lycanroc as well at least, since Ash's Lycanroc is already unique. And it could be shown to be a recurring thing in general, resulting from the special Z-power ring the Tapus made.

Master Pikachu 11

I mean, that's not illogical or anything but it also hasn't been stated anywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened to Lycanroc as well at least, since Ash's Lycanroc is already unique. And it could be shown to be a recurring thing in general, resulting from the special Z-power ring the Tapus made.

It hasn’t been stated anywhere but the fact is that Jesse was given a Mimikyu Z crystal and not the fairy Z crystal which means that Mimikyu Z is a separate Z crystal that does not evolve or revert back to Fairy like Pikashunium Z does because that is the only unique Z crystal due to the fact that only Ash’s Pikachu can use the move. Ash’s Lycanroc is no more special then the other two forms just because it’s a brand new form that was introduced in the new games doesn’t mean it’s going to be as special as say Ash Greninja. Lycanroc Z move can be used by the other two forms as well which again shows that all forms are valued equally due to the fact that Ash’s Lycanroc doesn’t have its own Z move that is different from the other two forms.

Rohanator

It hasn’t been stated anywhere but the fact is that Jesse was given a Mimikyu Z crystal and not the fairy Z crystal which means that Mimikyu Z is a separate Z crystal that does not evolve or revert back to Fairy like Pikashunium Z does because that is the only unique Z crystal due to the fact that only Ash’s Pikachu can use the move. Ash’s Lycanroc is no more special then the other two forms just because it’s a brand new form that was introduced in the new games doesn’t mean it’s going to be as special as say Ash Greninja. Lycanroc Z move can be used by the other two forms as well which again shows that all forms are valued equally due to the fact that Ash’s Lycanroc doesn’t have its own Z move that is different from the other two forms.
Again I'm talking about possibilities, something that's true in the games might not be in the anime, they might just decide to make the Lycanroc Z-move exclusive to the Dusk form since seeing anyone other than Ash use it afterwards wouldn't be that exciting anyway.

It just seems like an obvious route to go story wise, they had Lycanroc master the normal Rock Z-move in a totally random episode almost a year ago, when they could've saved it for a big moment like this one, so I think they'll want to show something NEW here, and Splintered Stormshards makes the most sense, it'll tie into the red eyes as well.

I guess Ash could just earn Lycanium-Z from the Team Rocket trial though, it'd parallel Jessie getting Mimikyu's Z-crystal as well and be a logical reward for defeating someone who's using a unique Z-move. However that'd mean that the Rockium-Z he earned from fighting Olivia would've been a total waste. I think it'd be more rewarding on a personal level for the Z-crystal he earned with Rockruff to evolve during his big moment with Rockruff's evolution.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Agreed, unless something happens, this is going to look silly for Lycanroc to win all three. I am still not buying it whatsoever that Lycanroc got strong enough with that ONE Tapu battle when he get WRECKED by Krookodile earlier. Idk how I am going to feel about this episode..

Exactly, I wish the rest of the pokemon were battling too, this one on three stuff is dumb. At least Rowlet should of battled too :/...

Master Pikachu 11

Again I'm talking about possibilities, something that's true in the games might not be in the anime, they might just decide to make the Lycanroc Z-move exclusive to the Dusk form since seeing anyone other than Ash use it afterwards wouldn't be that exciting anyway.

It just seems like an obvious route to go story wise, they had Lycanroc master the normal Rock Z-move in a totally random episode almost a year ago, when they could've saved it for a big moment like this one, so I think they'll want to show something NEW here, and Splintered Stormshards makes the most sense, it'll tie into the red eyes as well.

I guess Ash could just earn Lycanium-Z from the Team Rocket trial though, it'd parallel Jessie getting Mimikyu's Z-crystal as well and be a logical reward for defeating someone who's using a unique Z-move. However that'd mean that the Rockium-Z he earned from fighting Olivia would've been a total waste. I think it'd be more rewarding on a personal level for the Z-crystal he earned with Rockruff to evolve during his big moment with Rockruff's evolution.

Again just because the anime can do things a little differently doesn’t mean that they will because again Lycanium will not be exclusive like Pikashunium Z because it’s not as unique as that crystal it’s just like any other signature Z crystal. And even if Ash’s is the only one that uses it doesn’t mean that it will be just exclusive to only Ash’s Lycanroc. Meaning they will not treat it similar to Pikachu’s

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Exactly, I wish the rest of the pokemon were battling too, this one on three stuff is dumb. At least Rowlet should of battled too :/...

Rowlet's been in every single trial up until Ula'ula. He can still get focus in Poni.

I mean, he's literally the only member of Ash's team right now that isn't weak to Ground.

Rohanator

Again just because the anime can do things a little differently doesn’t mean that they will because again Lycanium will not be exclusive like Pikashunium Z because it’s not as unique as that crystal it’s just like any other signature Z crystal. And even if Ash’s is the only one that uses it doesn’t mean that it will be just exclusive to only Ash’s Lycanroc. Meaning they will not treat it similar to Pikachu’s
I'm not saying they WILL I'm saying they CAN, and that story wise it'd make sense for them to. I'm talking about a possibility, why are you acting like I'm trying to feed you facts? Neither of us knows what they'll do. Be open minded~

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I'm not saying they WILL I'm saying they CAN, and that story wise it'd make sense for them to. I'm talking about a possibility, why are you acting like I'm trying to feed you facts? Neither of us knows what they'll do. Be open minded~
IMHO, it'd be a little contradictory for the writers to treat other Pokémon-exclusive Z-Crystals, such as Incinium Z and Mimikium Z, as Z-Crystals in their own right, but then make Lycanium Z a Z-Crystal that "evolves" from or is a transformed form of Rockium Z. I'm not saying it's impossible for the writers to do that, but it wouldn't make very much sense from an in-universe perspective. It would be different if it were shown that Lycanium Z is a special Z-Crystal exclusively for Dusk Form Lycanroc, but we have no reason to think that's the case.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
So Nanu's full team is Honchkrow, Persian and Krookodile. Interesting that Lycanroc still has issues despite seemingly overcoming them.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Sableye, Alolan Persian and Krookodile. That's a nice team to have Nanu! ;)

But really surprised that Lycanroc, even after SM75, is still having issues, and going out of control. Guess the 'red eyes rage mode' thing would be back here again. Would be really interesting/intriguing to see how Ash and Lycanroc manage to overcome all this and come out on top. Honestly can't wait for the episode at the moment. :D

Rohanator

Sad to see the other team members won't even witness their buddy struggle despite usually being out (unless the VA list is incomplete), Torracat's reaction to an Alolan Persian woulda been especially nice.

IMHO, it'd be a little contradictory for the writers to treat other Pokémon-exclusive Z-Crystals, such as Incinium Z and Mimikium Z, as Z-Crystals in their own right, but then make Lycanium Z a Z-Crystal that "evolves" from or is a transformed form of Rockium Z. I'm not saying it's impossible for the writers to do that, but it wouldn't make very much sense from an in-universe perspective. It would be different if it were shown that Lycanium Z is a special Z-Crystal exclusively for Dusk Form Lycanroc, but we have no reason to think that's the case.
I agree, but I think it works better from a personal aspect and I care more about that so I hope they just have the Rockium-Z evolve, again to give that Olivia trial some long lasting value. They've already screwed the rules with Pikachu lol. Though they could also work some sort of in universe explanation in, like maybe the Pokemon exclusive Z-crystals were originally born from the bonds between Pokemon and trainers, some exist now and some are yet to be born.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well to all the people who were disappointed on how Lycanroc's rage form was handled, here's the redemption hour lol.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I think Ash will be able to calm down Lycanroc this time and focus on controlling it's Red Eyes ability. Ash should be winning this time. I hope they launch a successful Z Move!
Sad to see the other team members won't even witness their buddy struggle despite usually being out (unless the VA list is incomplete), Torracat's reaction to an Alolan Persian woulda been especially nice.
They could still be there watching Ash and Lycanroc battle but not say anything. Remember, Torracat was napping all day but was awake, watching Ash's battle but Rowlet wasn't. He fell asleep from overeating. Either they're not going to say barely anything, nothing at all, or the voice list is incomplete. Thank goodness Team Rocket isn't here. :D

Rohanator

Well to all the people who were disappointed on how Lycanroc's rage form was handled, here's the redemption hour lol.
I don't think it'll do anything to fix the flaws of ep 75, like that was the emotional climax that'll and this'll be "Lycanroc struggles but remembers Ash's words, calms down and wins" kinda deal, I'd be pretty surprised if we got another speech and more actual character development and stuff, I think it'll just work off the foundation ep 75 built. But I hope it'll at least be good enough on it's own right so that you can rewatch it by itself without having to delve too much into 75.

Status
Not open for further replies.