• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 31st: SM77 - Kuchinashi's Grand Trial! The Awakening of Lugarugan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Lycanroc turned blue for a second after being hit by Night Shade.

I didn't know that move had the effect of temporarily turning a Pokemon Shiny.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
So Since Lycanroc used Rock Throw in this preview that mean Tackle is going to get the ax
Or Bite, because it looked like it Tackled Ash, unless that wasn't a move at all.

lolipiece

Staff member
@lolipiece - Why did Ash's Lycanroc had to Tackle his own trainer,this is soo unlike Ash's Lycanroc because Lycanroc loves Ash Ketchum as both Rockruff and Lycanroc

...What? Why are you asking this?

It's obviously because he's out of control.

Or Bite, because it looked like it Tackled Ash, unless that wasn't a move at all.

It was reduced to just regular scratching and biting when it fought Krookodile, so I'm wondering if it can even use moves in that state.

It's been awhile, did it use moves when it fought Type: Null when it lost control?

playerking

...What? Why are you asking this?

It's obviously because he's out of control.

It was reduced to just regular scratching and biting when it fought Krookodile, so I'm wondering if it can even use moves in that state.

It's been awhile, did it use moves when it fought Type: Null when it lost control?
Yes, it used Bite when it was in beserk mode and fought Type: Null.

p96822

Evolve me please
Then the whole thing of Ash getting the Dark Z Crystal is going to be pointless because Lycanroc will lost bite

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Never honestly expected Lycanroc to go this much berserk that it would end up attacks Ash! :eek: Also, Alolan Persian is Nanu's Z-move using Pokemon, and Lycanroc still has Rock Throw? Guess Stone Edge has replaced Tackle then. Can't wait see now how Ash and Lycanroc overcome all this adversities to win!

lolipiece

Staff member
Then the whole thing of Ash getting the Dark Z Crystal is going to be pointless because Lycanroc will lost bite

Why are you assuming he'll even get it? It's clearly meant to be Team Rocket's thing.

Rohanator

Since Ash didn't get any Z-crystal from the TR trial I guess him getting a really important one here seems likely, so I'll say Lycanium-Z as a reward for for winning this battle, and then getting showcased in a future battle (VS Gladion) seems likely enough. Though I'd hope he'd at least finish with Continental Crush here in that case so that the Rockium-Z would lead to SOMETHING.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I really hope Lycanroc beating three Pokemon in a row can be done believably. And he won't go down to something weak and pathetic like Shiron later on.

Ash better earn a damn crystal here though. And if they pull that 10,000,000 volt stunt at least make this be a permanent change of crystals, he still needs something for winning though. And I really don't want it to be Lycanium, why would Nanu even have one? Dark types are his specialty

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I really hope Lycanroc beating three Pokemon in a row can be done believably. And he won't go down to something weak and pathetic like Shiron later on.

Ash better earn a damn crystal here though. And if they pull that 10,000,000 volt stunt at least make this be a permanent change of crystals, he still needs something for winning though. And I really don't want it to be Lycanium, why would Nanu even have one? Dark types are his specialty
Tapu Bulu might switch out Darkinium for Lycanium. I don't think that's gonna happen.

Zariful

I feel like Tapu Bulu is way too lazy to switch crystals. You know Ash might actually go back and get Steelium after all. Since he didn’t get a crystal for this trial.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Hmm? But they did.

We clearly saw it slowly losing control in Ash's first battle with Nanu.

The thing about Lycanroc is that it's really, really proud of its fancy new Dusk Form. So much, that if anyone dirties its fur, it'll snap and fly into a blind rage. Ash helped it by reminding Lycanroc that despite it evolving, it's still the same person it was as a Rockruff, so it doesn't need to show off.

Lycanroc overcame its pride, but that's only the first step, y'know?
I was talking about in general, not just in the battle against Nanu's Krookodile. Until that battle, it seemed the only thing that contributed to Lycanroc's "Red Eyes Rage" mode was getting dirty. The battle against Krookodile was the first time frustration also played a role in Lycanroc snapping; and it seems the trigger in this episode is going to be frustration, and getting dirty won't have anything to do with it. I was saying I wished the writers had gone with the frustration as the trigger from the beginning. I know both are related to Lycanroc's pride, but I like the idea of its pride being wounded in battle being a trigger more than its pride being wounded by getting dirty.

playerking

Well it used a new move in SM075, so unless it's a Z-Move, it's probably fine for now.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I wonder how Red Eyes ability got activated this time. Lycanroc is looking beat in all of the battles.

ljcmarques

It really piss me off that the animation doesn't look lit at all in the preview. I think every Kahuna battle should be animated by Iwane or some of the best others animators. I just hate the animation from the first two Kahuna's battles.

Regarding the move "Tackle", the Pokémon won't just "not know" how to tackle an opponent. It doesn't make sense. Every Pokémon, in a sense or another, knows how to use Tackle. That's precisely why I think even being a simple attack, they should make some animation, such as cover the body in glow white or something, just like they did with Bite, that looks like a real move (and dark!).

I don't like this Lycanroc VS. Three Pokémon. We lost a great opportunity to see Nyaheat (I completely forgot his name in english) and Rowlet in action.

Dusk Mane Necrozma

Necrozma fused with Solgaleo
It really piss me off that the animation doesn't look lit at all in the preview. I think every Kahuna battle should be animated by Iwane or some of the best others animators. I just hate the animation from the first two Kahuna's battles.

Regarding the move "Tackle", the Pokémon won't just "not know" how to tackle an opponent. It doesn't make sense. Every Pokémon, in a sense or another, knows how to use Tackle. That's precisely why I think even being a simple attack, they should make some animation, such as cover the body in glow white or something, just like they did with Bite, that looks like a real move (and dark!).

I don't like this Lycanroc VS. Three Pokémon. We lost a great opportunity to see Nyaheat (I completely forgot his name in english) and Rowlet in action.

@ljcmarques - Nyaheat is known as Torracat in English

Status
Not open for further replies.