• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 31st: SM77 - Kuchinashi's Grand Trial! The Awakening of Lugarugan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I'm starting to think it's stomping tantrum, lycanroc's first move won't land successfully at all, and instead of being angry about being flown into the mud (not that it looks like there is any mud...), he'll get thepower boost from stomping tantrum! I was thinking thrash was more likely before, but I feel like it should have learned it already if that's what it was going to be.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'm starting to think it's stomping tantrum, lycanroc's first move won't land successfully at all, and instead of being angry about being flown into the mud (not that it looks like there is any mud...), he'll get thepower boost from stomping tantrum! I was thinking thrash was more likely before, but I feel like it should have learned it already if that's what it was going to be.
Well yeah considering Dusk Form Lycanroc learns Thrash as soon as is evolves from Own Tempo Rockruff in the games. Also we've haven't yet seen any confirmed appearances of Stomping Tantrum in the anime so there's something that could be somehow exclusive for Ash's Pokémon.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Well yeah considering Dusk Form Lycanroc learns Thrash as soon as is evolves from Own Tempo Rockruff in the games. Also we've haven't yet seen any confirmed appearances of Stomping Tantrum in the anime so there's something that could be somehow exclusive for Ash's Pokémon.

Everyone on here is speculating thrash but I'm really not thinking so. I wound't mind that as his exclusive move even if it's not that awesome sounding.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
If its a move to redirect or master over its berserk nature, then i guess 'Stomping Tantrum' would be a better option that either 'Thrash' or 'Outrage'.

As both 'Thrash' or 'Outrage' would be actually more counterproductive, especially against a trainer like Nanu.
But on the other hand, redirecting the power of ones own rage to power-up a move is more logical. So, 'Stomping Tantrum' would fit more into the situation.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Everyone on here is speculating thrash but I'm really not thinking so. I wound't mind that as his exclusive move even if it's not that awesome sounding.
I mean I was thinking that it's a move that only Lycanroc learns throughout the season so at least it in some way gets associated with Lycanroc but not as a move that Lycanroc can only learn. Maybe that could be a move that makes use of Lycanroc's berserk phase to make it more powerful and while this is more based of the effect of Stomping Tantrum in the games, maybe in the battle, Ash notices that Stomping Tantrum gets more powerful if Lycanroc's moves fail right beforehand and uses it to his advantage that way.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

ShadowForce720

Everyone honestly should have known the second Pikachu went down that Ash had no chance of winning the match.
Just pointing this out but just because Pikachu loses a battle doesn't mean that Ash is automatically going to lose the entire match, so saying that oh well since Pikachu went down that means that Ash is going to lose, but according to that logic then Ash should have lost the battle against Sawyer, or any other battles where Pikachu gets knocked out, and yet we see cases where Ash wins the match even though Pikachu was knocked out at some point during the match. in all reality it didn't matter if Ash was going to lose or win against Alain as it's pretty likely that either way Pikachu would get knocked out and not be the last mon standing in any situation during that match do to the fact that Alain's Charizard rivalry was with Ash's Greninja and not with Pikachu meaning regardless of whether or Ash wins or loses it was always going to come down to Mega Charizard X vs Ash-Greninja.

In all honest I don't even know what any of this has to do with Dusk Lycanroc, and before you try to make the argument that Dusk Lycanroc is similar to Ash-Greninja being a special form or stage of the pokemon really when you look at it Ash-Greninja was made to be around the same level as Pokemon that were Mega Evolved, while if you look at it sure Dusk Lycanroc maybe a special form of Lycanroc that can use both the signature moves of Midday and Midnight Lycanroc but at the end of the day it's just another form of Lycanroc meaning that it's made to be on par with the other 2 forms of Lycanroc and before some one tries to bring up the Exclusive Lycanroc Z-move it's important to point out that all forms of Lycanroc can use the Exclusive Lycanroc Z-move and not just Dusk form.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Just pointing this out but just because Pikachu loses a battle doesn't mean that Ash is automatically going to lose the entire match, so saying that oh well since Pikachu went down that means that Ash is going to lose, but according to that logic then Ash should have lost the battle against Sawyer, or any other battles where Pikachu gets knocked out, and yet we see cases where Ash wins the match even though Pikachu was knocked out at some point during the match. in all reality it didn't matter if Ash was going to lose or win against Alain as it's pretty likely that either way Pikachu would get knocked out and not be the last mon standing in any situation during that match do to the fact that Alain's Charizard rivalry was with Ash's Greninja and not with Pikachu meaning regardless of whether or Ash wins or loses it was always going to come down to Mega Charizard X vs Ash-Greninja.

In all honest I don't even know what any of this has to do with Dusk Lycanroc, and before you try to make the argument that Dusk Lycanroc is similar to Ash-Greninja being a special form or stage of the pokemon really when you look at it Ash-Greninja was made to be around the same level as Pokemon that were Mega Evolved, while if you look at it sure Dusk Lycanroc maybe a special form of Lycanroc that can use both the signature moves of Midday and Midnight Lycanroc but at the end of the day it's just another form of Lycanroc meaning that it's made to be on par with the other 2 forms of Lycanroc and before some one tries to bring up the Exclusive Lycanroc Z-move it's important to point out that all forms of Lycanroc can use the Exclusive Lycanroc Z-move and not just Dusk form.

...My post was just about how everyone was judging a glow from something to be something really different and indicative of an outcome. You're all free to think any other similarities between the dog and the frog. Ha ha.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

That's not what I meant. I meant if he wins a League, he's never going to win the final match with anyone but Pikachu because Pikachu will always be the only Pokémon that's been with him since day one.

Pikachu isn't allowed to be outshone. Even in Sinnoh, where Infernape got tons of focus in the League, Pikachu still overshadowed it with the Latios battle.

ShadowForce720

That's not what I meant. I meant if he wins a League, he's never going to win the final match with anyone but Pikachu because Pikachu will always be the only Pokémon that's been with him since day one.

Pikachu isn't allowed to be outshone. Even in Sinnoh, where Infernape got tons of focus in the League, Pikachu still overshadowed it with the Latios battle.

I wouldn't say that it's really a accurate indicator as to whether or not accurate wins the match or not sure Pikachu would likely be participating in the final match however that being said it depends on if the ace of the final opponent has a rivalry with another one of Ash's pokemon. Pikachu doesn't have to be the one that wins the final match for Ash, as it could still get a lot of focus while another pokemon winds up winning the match.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
What? Pikachu doesn't have to be the Pokemon that wins a League for Ash.
It just has to be the Pokemon that wins against a Champion, I couldn't care less who wins the finals for Ash so long as he actually won and I'm sure a lot of others feel the same way.

Besides, Pikachu gets enough focus in the spotlight. Let the one of the regional Pokemon do it

Master Pikachu 11

Which is why I will stick by my theory that Gladion will also showcase the Z move because his Lycanroc already knows Stone Edge, they would also want the other forms to showcase the move for promotional reasons and even though Silvaly is his main Pokémon, Lycanroc is his main Z move Pokémon. So it would not surprise me if he has one too.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
What? Pikachu doesn't have to be the Pokemon that wins a League for Ash.
It just has to be the Pokemon that wins against a Champion, I couldn't care less who wins the finals for Ash so long as he actually won and I'm sure a lot of others feel the same way.

Besides, Pikachu gets enough focus in the spotlight. Let the one of the regional Pokemon do it
Agreed completely. Pikachu is my favourite Pokemon, it always has been and always will be, but I certainly don't want Pikachu to be the main architect of every big win Ash has. Pikachu is Ash's closest and life long partner, and as a result it always travels with Ash in each and every region, and as a process, has plenty of spotlight in each and every saga(as a process stealing away spotlight from Ash's regional Pokemon very often). It always has its glory moments in every saga. So there's nothing wrong if one of Ash's regional Pokemon, especially if it's his regional ace, gets the all and important victory which leads Ash to its first League win. It would've been nothing wrong if Greninja was the Pokemon getting the all the important victory against Mega Charizard X if Ash was to win the Kalos League.

Dusk Mane Necrozma

Necrozma fused with Solgaleo
We will all have the answer to what Ash's Lycanroc probably will learn by watching the episode of Ash Ula'Ula Grand Trial on the last day of May

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
This will very likely be the battle which will establish Dusk Lycanroc as Ash's ace. Very the writers have a non-ace regional Pokemon of Ash take down 3 Pokemon all by itself (yeah I know Kingler was a thing but that happened way earlier in OS so I guess it's better not to count that). So as seemingly Dusk Lycanroc has been given this privilege, we can already be more or less assured that it'll very likely become Ash's Alolan ace.

And I really don't think there's any chance of Lycanroc not winning here. The Ula Ula arc, as we all know, is coming to an end after this episode, so it doesn't make much sense for Ash not to beat Nanu here. And also, this is re-match, after Lycanroc had already lost a battle and afterwards got its mandatory development/upgrade that it needs to beat Nanu. So yeah, the Orange Shuriken comparison is pretty much nonsense here and Lycanroc is very likely winning here.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
While I don't mind other Pokemon being aces,I'd rather Ash having starter as an ace.Although, one thing I wouldn't like is if Incineroar is his ace which would be his 3rd Fire ace.I like variety, so DL would be nice change of pace.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Nah, I like it when they switch it up. It's predictable and overdone that Ash's regional starter is the ace while we get some variety in making a non starter Pokemon get some spotlight. There's only so much you can do with fire, water, and grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.