• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 31st: SM77 - Kuchinashi's Grand Trial! The Awakening of Lugarugan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Nah, I like it when they switch it up. It's predictable and overdone that Ash's regional starter is the ace while we get some variety in making a non starter Pokemon get some spotlight. There's only so much you can do with fire, water, and grass.
I agree. It's almost expected that one of the starter Pokémon will become Ash's regional ace, as most of his regional aces have been starters (Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, Greninja). IMHO, it's more interesting when the regional ace is NOT a starter Pokémon. It gives a non-starter some deserved spotlight. I think Dusk Lycanroc is a good choice for regional ace, since it was the first member of Ash's Alola team to evolve (and so far the only team member that's fully evolved), and it's a rare/unusual form of Lycanroc.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I agree. It's almost expected that one of the starter Pokémon will become Ash's regional ace, as most of his regional aces have been starters (Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, Greninja). IMHO, it's more interesting when the regional ace is NOT a starter Pokémon. It gives a non-starter some deserved spotlight. I think Dusk Lycanroc is a good choice for regional ace, since it was the first member of Ash's Alola team to evolve (and so far the only team member that's fully evolved), and it's a rare/unusual form of Lycanroc.
Yeah and usually, the ace is hinted at when said Pokémon spends a good amount of time with Ash and it's continuously focused on (Froakie, Sunglasses Sandile, Chimchar, Rockruff). Ash's aces always has something unique about them haha!

DatsRight

It would make a touching tribute for Matsomoto, who lost her dog shortly before SM started.

Then again Natochenny lost her cat around the same time (both actors claim Greninja's departure hit a sore spot for them because of that). The following region having a dog and a cat Ash is very affectionate with ended up rather heartwarming in that context.

I can see some complaining if the starters get the shaft though, like a more obscure two stage Pokemon isn't a "true ace". People were already willing to claim BW lacked an "ace" in spite of the likes of Krookodile.

Lycanroc would work as the 'ace' though since we already know it can be fully evolved and keep it's personality. Torracat and Rowlet may or may not work evolved, and they could work just as well keeping them the same but just training them with better moves and experience (I can see them playing on Torracat's superior speed if they keep him unevolved against Masked Royal's Incineroar too).

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Why would someone compare a near 5-foot tall fictional frog with the personality of a tree trunk with a real dog and a cat. I lost my French Poodle in a car accident but I sure didn't relate that to Jessie releasing her Dustox.

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Why would someone compare a near 5-foot tall fictional frog with the personality of a tree trunk with a real dog and a cat. I lost my French Poodle in a car accident but I sure didn't relate that to Jessie releasing her Dustox.
I guess DatsRight was trying to say that since Ash and Greninja are supposed to have this unbreakable bond, strong enough to fuse together temporarily that the actresses who have to convey those emotions felt somewhat of a hit, having to say goodbye. Matsumoto did the same with Ash Greninja despite it having "a personality of a tree trunk". It's normal for actors, when having to deliver an emotional scene, think of, maybe even relate to, a sad event in their lives.

Zariful

So Lycanroc learned Stone Edge. So depending on whether Tapu Bulu watches the trial, I’m not sure whether a switch will happen or not. It definitely seems like set up though

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
So Lycanroc learned Stone Edge. So depending on whether Tapu Bulu watches the trial, I’m not sure whether a switch will happen or not. It definitely seems like set up though

Ash also doesn't really need Darkinium Z for anything, and with such a huge push for Lycanroc the sooner the better.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I honestly really see Lycanroc pulling a Pikachu and just having his Rockium Z change into the Lycanium Z when he's gonna use it. I don't think they'll give it to him after the battle cuz what's the point if he doesn't use it in the battle.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I honestly really see Lycanroc pulling a Pikachu and just having his Rockium Z change into the Lycanium Z when he's gonna use it. I don't think they'll give it to him after the battle cuz what's the point if he doesn't use it in the battle.
I can see that happening for the Rockium Z too because for now there doesn't seem to be any episodes that will focus on Ash getting the Lycanium Z for now.

Dusk Mane Necrozma

Necrozma fused with Solgaleo
I want that Ash Ketchum get to win but his choice of winnable Z-Crystals get to be limited to a random one from Kahuna Nanu's stock

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

I mean that would be the best outcome, having Rockium permanent transform into Lycanium as to not copy Pikashnium... which basically got forgotten about.
Giving Lycanroc a new z-move would help make his victory feel more believable, having to beat three Pokemon in a row would feel a lot better if this was a more battle heavy series over a battle lacking one. I do hope they don't pull this **** with Hapu's trial, I'd like the sixth to actually do something this time....

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
There's no need for this, though. Pikashiunium Z is a special case. It's specific to Ash and his Pikachu, with its own Z-Move pose, so it being a temporary power-up transformation for Electrium Z made a little more sense. The Pokémon-exclusive Z-Crystals have already been shown to exist alongside normal Z-Crystals; they haven't been treated as special versions of normal Z-Crystals. Why would Ash's Lycanium Z be any different from the other Pokémon-exclusive Z-Crystals?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
There's no need for this, though. Pikashiunium Z is a special case. It's specific to Ash and his Pikachu, with its own Z-Move pose, so it being a temporary power-up transformation for Electrium Z made a little more sense. The Pokémon-exclusive Z-Crystals have already been shown to exist alongside normal Z-Crystals; they haven't been treated as special versions of normal Z-Crystals. Why would Ash's Lycanium Z be any different from the other Pokémon-exclusive Z-Crystals?

Well unless he's just gonna get one off screen, not really seeing where else he's supposed to get one BEFORE the trial.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Well unless he's just gonna get one off screen, not really seeing where else he's supposed to get one BEFORE the trial.
maybe from winning the regular trial

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Do we have any hints as to the other two pokemon in this battle? I'm assuming Persian will be one of the pokemon, but I'm curious about the other one. Meowth?

ShadowForce720

Do we have any hints as to the other two pokemon in this battle? I'm assuming Persian will be one of the pokemon, but I'm curious about the other one. Meowth?

No, as of right now we don't really have any clues or hints as to what Nanu's other 2 pokemon are however given the fact that both Hala and Olivia still had there ace from the video games(even though there in-games ace's form may have been changed or in the anime it isn't the ace) it's probably safe to say that Nanu has a Alolan Persian since it is his in-game ace although whether or not it's his ace in the anime remains to be seen. Some possible candidates could be Sableye or Absol or he could even have a Dark type that he doesn't have in the games.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
maybe from winning the regular trial

But we don't know if there is a trail. Honestly it seems like Mimikyu and TR just attack Ash, I don't think he's doing the ghost trial.

ShadowForce720

But we don't know if there is a trail. Honestly it seems like Mimikyu and TR just attack Ash, I don't think he's doing the ghost trial.
Actually, no it was already confirmed that Ash is doing a trial in episode 76 and that his battle against Team Rocket is part of the trial, this was confirmed in the Summary and VA list that we got for episode 76.

Status
Not open for further replies.