• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 3rd: SM73 - The Rocket Gang's Island Pilgrimage! Get a Z-Ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
One day, Musashi and the others start talking about whether or not it'll be possible for them to obtain a Z-Ring in some way or other. And then, they receive information from Sakaki about how they might be able to get one if they go to the Island King of Ula'ula Island.

------

One day, the Rocket Gang start talking about how they want to obtain a Z-Ring in some way or other, since Kojiro's Pokémon Hidoide learns Dark type moves and they already have a "Dark-Z". They then receive information from the Rocket Gang boss Sakaki that they might be able to get one if they go to the Island King of Ula'ula Island.

Screenplay 宮田由佳 (Yuka Miyata)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

Last edited:

Vipsoccermaster

Out of nowhere. Now Team Rocket can finally utilize the Darkinium Z Crystal. Why did it take them a whopping 48 episodes, though... And I like to see how they obtain the Z-Ring.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Iwane animating?

I normally don't really care about TR episodes, but this one has my interest. About time they get a Z-Ring ao they can use their Darkinium-Z.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well it's good to see that Team Rocket could get a Z-Ring in this episode but to use Black Hole Eclipse they'll have to get one of their Pokémon to have a Dark-type move and none of Team Rocket's current Pokémon have Dark-type moves.

Spyro39

About time TRio tries to get a Z-Ring. Now if only one of their Pokemon learns a Dark-type move so they can use a Darkinium Z.

Evanibble

In hindsight, it looks like they've been waiting for Nanu to appear to do anything with TR's Darkinium-Z, so that the debut of the move and the Kahuna that specializes in it can coincide.

Just a thought, of course. I also understand that the writers could've given TR the Darkinium-Z later on in the series (ie closer to this episode), but that's probably just poor planning or something like that.

Either way, it looks exciting. I wonder if they do the trials as well (although I highly doubt it).

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Just a thought, of course. I also understand that the writers could've given TR the Darkinium-Z later on in the series (ie closer to this episode), but that's probably just poor planning or something like that.

Large gaps between plot lines isn't uncommon.

For example, Team Galactic debuted in the 30s for DP, didn't actually meet Ash and co. until the 60s, and didn't become the major antagonists until the 90s.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It's about freaking time!
Now to wait another 50 episodes for them to actually obtain a Pokemon who can utilize the move.
If it's a z-power ring this will answer the question of if Jessie's getting Mimikium or not. I do hope both members of the TRio can have z-rings though, Jessie's just going to hog it otherwise.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So Team Rocket finally gets a Z-ring. Fair enough, the Darkium-Z has been rotting as useless for a looooooong amount of time. It's about time we get to see them unleashing Black Hole Eclipse.

But the question remains that, who will use it? None of their Pokemon knows a Z-move currently. I'm putting my bets on Mimikyu.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Meowth knows Bite.
But Team Rocket rarely uses Meowth in battle so it's more likely that Team Rocket will use the Z-Move if it's on another Pokémon. But still they could accidentally activate Black Hole Eclipse and reveal that Meowth knows a Dark-type move that way.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I'm pretty confident that Bewear knows one Dark type move.
Probably, yeah. We've never actually seen Bewear using any attacks, but I'm willing to bet it at least knows Brutal Swing.

LOL. It possibly last used Bite back in the Orange Islands. Back in Gen 1, when Bite wasn't even a Dark type move. :p
Doesn't mean he doesn't still know it. And back in Sinnoh, he was working on learning Night Slash, too.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Doesn't mean he doesn't still know it.
Um no, the fact that Meowth hasn't used the move for such a loooooong period of time definitely indicates that it's extremely likely that Meowth has forgotten that move.

And back in Sinnoh, he was working on learning Night Slash, too.
Um, not quite, it was revealed that Meowth knew Night Slash, but he never used that move because he thought that the move was too scary to use.

I hope that the writers haven't forgotten about that now. :p

CabochonJaw

Team Rocket is getting a Z-Ring, finally. Maybe they can trade their useless z-crystal for a more useful one, like the ghost one, or the poison one, while they're at it.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Would Meowth even be able to use Black Hole Eclipse?

His backstory said he sacrificed strength for the ability to speak human language, so wouldn't it stand to reason that would translate to Z-Moves as well?

He's more a thinker than a battler.

Status
Not open for further replies.