• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 3rd: SM73 - The Rocket Gang's Island Pilgrimage! Get a Z-Ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
You know, I'm kind of curious.

In the games, there are four types of Z-Rings, one for each island. While in the anime, they seem to take more liberties and have a larger color pallet for the Z-Rings owned by anyone not named Ash, they still clearly have different types of Z-Rings (compare Hala and Olivia's). Even Lana got an Akala-stye ring like Kiawe despite not living in Akala in this continuity (since Olivia made it) and Gladion's is still an Ula'ula-style ring (I forget. Did he ever mention where he got the Z-Ring in the anime?) like in the games, where he got it from Nanu.

So which island style will Team Rocket get? Does the fact that this episode comes immediately before Nanu's debut have anything to do with it?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So which island style will Team Rocket get? Does the fact that this episode comes immediately before Nanu's debut have anything to do with it?
Given the erratic travelling nature of the cast in general, it'll be a wild guess of which Z-Ring Team Rocket will get. However I don't think it'll be Poni at all because Ash hasn't even been there yet. Ash and his classmates would have been just in Akala so Team Rocket could get their Z-Ring there. But because Ash and his classmates are frequently at Melemele for Pokémon School and that Ash got his Z-Ring from Tapu Koko at Melemele, maybe Team Rocket could also be lead there to get their Z-Ring.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Given the erratic travelling nature of the cast in general, it'll be a wild guess of which Z-Ring Team Rocket will get. However I don't think it'll be Poni at all because Ash hasn't even been there yet. Ash and his classmates would have been just in Akala so Team Rocket could get their Z-Ring there. But because Ash and his classmates are frequently at Melemele for Pokémon School and that Ash got his Z-Ring from Tapu Koko at Melemele, maybe Team Rocket could also be lead there to get their Z-Ring.
All main characters have been in Poni during the climax of the aether arc

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
If they both get z-rings, hopefully Jessie will be using the darkinium-z, as it was her mimikyu who earned her the crystal, and then James can get the poisinium-z and use that with his z-ring.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
All main characters have been in Poni during the climax of the aether arc
Right, but now the other thing is Ash hasn't done a single trial there, so it's going to be another reason why Team Rocket's not going there to get their Z-Ring.

DatsRight

If they both get z-rings, hopefully Jessie will be using the darkinium-z, as it was her mimikyu who earned her the crystal, and then James can get the poisinium-z and use that with his z-ring.

It depends if Plumeria appears in the series, since Poisonium Z is largely associated with her in the games. Otherwise though, none of the main characters besides James seem to have use for it, so it might go to him. (Plus we've had two Rockium Z users).

Mimikyu doesn't have any Dark type moves right now though (though that could be something to add to it's development with Jessie). I'm actually kinda hoping Meowth remembers he can use Bite in the meantime.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
wow, no summaries yet? at this point we'll be getting the first with the voice cast list

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
New summaries.

One day, Musashi and the others start talking about whether or not it'll be possible for them to obtain a Z-Ring in some way or other. And then, they receive information from Sakaki about how they might be able to get one if they go to the Island King of Ula'ula Island.

------

One day, the Rocket Gang start talking about how they want to obtain a Z-Ring in some way or other, since Kojiro's Pokémon Hidoide learns Dark type moves and they already have a "Dark-Z". They then receive information from the Rocket Gang boss Sakaki that they might be able to get one if they go to the Island King of Ula'ula Island.

Sorry they're a bit late, I've been sick for the past month or so and just woke up.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Sorry they're a bit late, I've been sick for the past month or so and just woke up.
I hope you feel better soon!

One day, Musashi and the others start talking about whether or not it'll be possible for them to obtain a Z-Ring in some way or other. And then, they receive information from Sakaki about how they might be able to get one if they go to the Island King of Ula'ula Island.

------

One day, the Rocket Gang start talking about how they want to obtain a Z-Ring in some way or other, since Kojiro's Pokémon Hidoide learns Dark type moves and they already have a "Dark-Z". They then receive information from the Rocket Gang boss Sakaki that they might be able to get one if they go to the Island King of Ula'ula Island.
So, it sounds like Team Rocket might receive their Z-Ring from Nanu. This police officer really must not give a crap about his job if he is willing to reward Z-Rings to members of a criminal organization. I suppose that makes sense, since Nanu is the Kahuna who rewards Island Challengers with Darknium Z, and I suppose crafts Z-Rings for Island Challengers who don't already have one.

Red and Blue

I'm surprised that Mareanie will be the one using the Z crystal. I was certain it would be Mimikyu or Bewesr, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.