• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 3rd: SM73 - The Rocket Gang's Island Pilgrimage! Get a Z-Ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Would Meowth even be able to use Black Hole Eclipse?

His backstory said he sacrificed strength for the ability to speak human language, so wouldn't it stand to reason that would translate to Z-Moves as well?

He's more a thinker than a battler.
Meowth has said that he couldn't learn Pay Day because he could speak and walk and that his ability to speak and walk has "used up all his move slots". I don't think that it may necessarily translate to his inability to use Z-Moves, but he does have impaired battling capabilities due to his ability to walk and talk, in which if Meowth uses Black Hole Eclipse by accident, it might be weaker in power than expected.

DatsRight

Woah they're actually doing it. Yes.

I would like it if Meowth remembered his Dark type attacks and we got at least some semblance of an arc where he's a legitimate threat. Come on, the guy hasn't gotten anything the entire anime. Also would be fun if he insisted on battling Torracat, his worthy rival (who conveniently also lacks his type's respective Z Move).

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Finally they are getting the ring. Will meowth use the dark type Z-move. Or mimikyu??

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
FINALLY!!! I really hope theyre not tricking us and TRio actually get a z-ring! For tooo long we've been talking about if they'll end up using it or if they'll end up giving it to someone/losing it, so to finally have some almost confirmation is very very nice.

I am a little curious if both Jesse and James will end up being able to use the ring or if only one will.. can anyone use anyone's z-ring or is it because they're completing their "pilgrimage" together? and I'm really hoping Nanu debuts this eppy and that it's confirmed that the alolan meowth is his.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
Yeah they're finally getting a Z-ring. I don't think Mewoth will be the one to show off the Dark Z-move. Both Mimikyu and Mareanie don't know any Dark type move but they both can learn Dark type moves. I would say Mimikyu will be the one to show it off but on the other hand, Bewear is a strong option too. He/She may know Brutal Swing. (What could Bewear's gender be tho? Female? :p)

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
It was inevitable this would happen, but I thought it'd happen much sooner. Oh well.

Now Darkium-Z won't be just for show.

DatsRight

I'm hoping at least either way they get to use it in some capacity and it doesn't end up a running gag they never get to properly use.

Either way, if they DO manage to get it working, either Meowth will get a moment of utility, one of their Pokemon will learn a new move or they'll get another Pokemon of the right typing, so regardless TR will HAVE to get some sort of progression instead of being static villains. (Oh, the outcry if even Team Rocket get a boost before some of the companions. XD).

IcySealeo

Finally. I hope they does use it and it won't be just a one-time thing like Axew's Outrage.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
If they actually pull this off, I wonder if the twerps will doubt its legitimacy. And of course, be surprised when it turns out TRio did get these a legitimate, but unusual, way.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
How would Meowth using a Z-Crystal work, considering he doesn't technically have a trainer?

I'm REALLY excited about this episode! I love how the worst of the TRio (them cutting off interesting plotlines just to use a mecha to steal Pikachu) has been mostly gotten rid of, and they decided to make their fewer appearances count more, with more TRio-centric episodes than in XY(Z). I've missed this Team Rocket. <3

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
I'm pretty confident that Bewear knows one Dark type move.
Bewear knows EVERY move. Including Surf, Fly, Dark-type moves... Although I'm not sure if it'll keep them near the battle long enough for them to do the Z-dance, let alone for it to use Z-moves.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Meh, all their pokemon can use Dark Type Moves so it won't be hard. Just give Mimikyu Dark Pulse or Feint Attack and call it a day.

ShadowForce720

Meh, all their pokemon can use Dark Type Moves so it won't be hard. Just give Mimikyu Dark Pulse or Feint Attack and call it a day.
The problem with the idea of having Mimikyu learn a Dark type attack is that would mean it would have to replace one of it's moves and the problem with that is that it's move set is made to be sort of a counterpart mirror to Pikachu's move set for instance this is how the comparison between their moves breaks down:

Shadow Ball = Electro Ball
Wood Hammer = Iron Tail
Play Rough = Quick Attack

Now while I do admit that Shadow Claw isn't really a mirror or counter part to Thunderbolt at the same time the reason I don't see it getting rid of Shadow Claw either is because of the moves heavy association with Mimikyu. Where as if you look at it Mareanie currently has room for a Dark type move in it's move set, heck they could just have them use the Dark type Z-move in conjunction of Bewear since it wouldn't be that surprising if it turned out that Bewear knows Brutal Swing.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
The problem with the idea of having Mimikyu learn a Dark type attack is that would mean it would have to replace one of it's moves and the problem with that is that it's move set is made to be sort of a counterpart mirror to Pikachu's move set for instance this is how the comparison between their moves breaks down:

Shadow Ball = Electro Ball
Wood Hammer = Iron Tail
Play Rough = Quick Attack

Now while I do admit that Shadow Claw isn't really a mirror or counter part to Thunderbolt at the same time the reason I don't see it getting rid of Shadow Claw either is because of the moves heavy association with Mimikyu. Where as if you look at it Mareanie currently has room for a Dark type move in it's move set, heck they could just have them use the Dark type Z-move in conjunction of Bewear since it wouldn't be that surprising if it turned out that Bewear knows Brutal Swing.

I'd say Dark Pulse would be a pretty good counter to Thunderbolt would it not lol??

ShadowForce720

I'd say Dark Pulse would be a pretty good counter to Thunderbolt would it not lol??
yes but the thing is doesn't Mimikyu tend to be heavily associated with the move Shadow Claw, so would they really replace Shadow Claw with Dark Pulse if Shadow Claw is heavily associated with Mimikyu.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
yes but the thing is doesn't Mimikyu tend to be heavily associated with the move Shadow Claw, so would they really replace Shadow Claw with Dark Pulse if Shadow Claw is heavily associated with Mimikyu.

Meh, Mimikyu's go to move from what I've see is Shadow Ball tbh. It usually uses that as it's first move.

Zyar

Unknown Member
I'll try and avoid reading spoilers for this one since, along with the Nanu episode, it's the one I'm looking forward the most because of Team Rocket, obviously. I wonder if they'll really succeed in obtaining a Z-Ring and, if they do, if we'll finally find out in this same episode which of their Pokémon will be the one to use the Z-Move or we'll still have to wait more time for that.

Aaah, I'm so excited, but I'll be wary in case of possible disappointment.

ShadowForce720

I'll try and avoid reading spoilers for this one since, along with the Nanu episode, it's the one I'm looking forward the most because of Team Rocket, obviously. I wonder if they'll really succeed in obtaining a Z-Ring and, if they do, if we'll finally find out in this same episode which of their Pokémon will be the one to use the Z-Move or we'll still have to wait more time for that.

Aaah, I'm so excited, but I'll be wary in case of possible disappointment.

I think it's pretty likely that they will succeed in getting a Z-ring in this episode, as it wouldn't really make that much sense to have a episode around them trying to get an actual Z-ring and then not getting one when they know they need it. Plus I remember back during episode 25 when people thought that it was unlikely or that there was no way Team Rocket were going to get the Darkinium-Z and then they wound up getting it here. So I do think they will get a Z-ring here.

Zyar

Unknown Member
I think it's pretty likely that they will succeed in getting a Z-ring in this episode, as it wouldn't really make that much sense to have a episode around them trying to get an actual Z-ring and then not getting one when they know they need it. Plus I remember back during episode 25 when people thought that it was unlikely or that there was no way Team Rocket were going to get the Darkinium-Z and then they wound up getting it here. So I do think they will get a Z-ring here.

I agree it seems super obvious they'll succeed in getting a Z-Ring (especially after the Z-Crystal episode, which caused so much disbelief among people) but I've seen the writers do... weird stuff and miss good opportunities with characters before. So, I don't want to get my hopes up too much haha

Edit: By the way, who would use the Z-Ring? I'm skeptical about them sharing it (although, if anyone can do it, I guess it's Jessie and James). So I think this episode (or even a later one) might also answer the question: "who's more worthy of the Z-Ring" or something like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.