• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 3rd: SM73 - The Rocket Gang's Island Pilgrimage! Get a Z-Ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Who do you guys think TR will have to battle in order to get the Z-Ring?
I don't think TR will have a serious battle in this episode but they might have a scuffle with Team Skull for the Z-Ring and Team Skull might try to steal the Darkinium Z from TR.

DatsRight

I'd love if one of their Pokemon learned a Dark type move to set things ready for using the Z Move though. Maybe Meowth could remember Bite or finally master Night Slash.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Who do you guys think TR will have to battle in order to get the Z-Ring?
They may not have to battle anyone. Lana didn't battle anyone for her Z-Ring; she (or, rather, her Ride Stoutland) found the crystal, and Olivia fashioned it into a Z-Ring. Team Rocket may just find their Z-Ring, or they may steal it from someone (totally in their character).

DatsRight

The title leaves me wondering about what TR are setting off to (pilgrimage; a moral or spiritual journey). Either it's an ironic title or TR are being forced to play by Alola's rules to get their Z Ring.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I'd love if one of their Pokemon learned a Dark type move to set things ready for using the Z Move though. Maybe Meowth could remember Bite or finally master Night Slash.
Mareanie only has two moves and I think they're only ever going to have Meowth use Fury Swipes.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
The title leaves me wondering about what TR are setting off to (pilgrimage; a moral or spiritual journey). Either it's an ironic title or TR are being forced to play by Alola's rules to get their Z Ring.
I don't think Team Rocket is going anywhere. I think the Island Pilgrimage refers to the Island Challenge—the Trials. My guess is this episode will focus on Team Rocket's own "trial" of trying to obtain a Z-Ring.

togenaught18

Imagine if at the end of this episode they give the z-ring and the cristal to giovanni due to a potential future saga. Or at least at the end of the series this thing happen.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I don't think Team Rocket is going anywhere. I think the Island Pilgrimage refers to the Island Challenge—the Trials. My guess is this episode will focus on Team Rocket's own "trial" of trying to obtain a Z-Ring.

Yeah, "Island Pilgrimage" is the Japanese name of the "Island Challenge" or whatever it is it's called in English.

Zyar

Unknown Member
Just realized this episode airs almost exactly a year after the episode where Team Rocket get their Z-Crystal (which was in May 4th, 2017). COINCIDENCE??!!..... (I actually DO think so... and slow pacing :p )

I also just realized the storyboard artist for this one is someone whose style I really like, based on other episodes he's worked on.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Just realized this episode airs almost exactly a year after the episode where Team Rocket get their Z-Crystal (which was in May 4th, 2017). COINCIDENCE??!!
Possibly but it's really close though. It could be a hidden reference because there's no official mention of such an anniversary.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Just realized this episode airs almost exactly a year after the episode where Team Rocket get their Z-Crystal (which was in May 4th, 2017). COINCIDENCE??!!..... (I actually DO think so... and slow pacing :p )

I also just realized the storyboard artist for this one is someone whose style I really like, based on other episodes he's worked on.

Next year, Team Rocket successfully uses the Z Crystal shortly before the series ends.

Zyar

Unknown Member
Possibly but it's really close though. It could be a hidden reference because there's no official mention of such an anniversary.

Would be funny if they said something like, "We've had that Z-Crystal for what *FEELS* like a year and we haven't done anything with it yet"

DatsRight

Next year, Team Rocket successfully uses the Z Crystal shortly before the series ends.

Still would be better than their usual where they remain completely static every series and just slowly get even more outclassed.

Seriously if TR get ANY sort of level grind to at least become slightly more of a threat to the twerps this series it will be a serious break from formula.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Would be funny if they said something like, "We've had that Z-Crystal for what *FEELS* like a year and we haven't done anything with it yet"
Not a bad reference but Jessie and James could just growl at each other over not using the Z-Crystal for a long time, like 'James, what have you been doing with this Z-Crystal since a year ago?!'. I'm also expecting possible flashbacks to the events of Team Rocket getting their Darkinium Z.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
just checked, and the writer of this episode has a surprisingly small track record in pokemon, and said episodes are just ok tbh (40, which I skipped so IDK, 48, 59, 65), though visuals (both storyboarding and animation) will most likely be top notch

p96822

Evolve me please
Even though that Team Rocket might get the Z ring they are still going to fail at their job of stealing things

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Even though that Team Rocket might get the Z ring they are still going to fail at their job of stealing things

They are good at every thing else BUT being bad guys. They might get a Z ring but they are still going to fail at getting Pikachu.

Status
Not open for further replies.