• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 4th: SM25 - The Fight Over the Crystal! The Rocket Gang VS The Skull Gang!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dp045

Out of curiosity: This episode would be something like the TR and TP that was tried to do in Best Wishes? O Would it be something more "comical" than a serious confrontation between two criminal organizations?

Mr. Guy

Banned
I really want Alolan Meowth to debut in this episode, but I don't think that's a Pokemon used by Skull in the games.

Still though, it'd fit.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I can only see this episode getting somewhat serious if, as I suggested earlier, Plumeria gets involved.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I'm kinda hoping the summary is abit misleading, at least in the part about TR just finding out about Z-moves.

Given the previous episode has Ash's mom appear i'd like for them to interrupt whatever Ash is trying to do, but he nukes them with one of his Z-moves to show them to his mom, the episode ends with them questioning what the heck they got nuked by leading to them spying in this one.

Granted I still don't see them ever permanently getting a Z-crystal, since it goes against what Kiawe said when he confronted Ash about his Z-ring(and I don't think they can live through Inferno Overkill), and I can not honestly see bad guys with Z-moves. Even if they do care for their pokemon they still only look out for themselves in the end.

Besides with people still singing Rocket's praises about their win over Ash when James got his capture, and Bewear a possible combatant, their already threatening enough.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Out of curiosity: This episode would be something like the TR and TP that was tried to do in Best Wishes? O Would it be something more "comical" than a serious confrontation between two criminal organizations?

Given SM's style, we'll likely see something comical. I doubt we'd see anything super serious like what we were meant to get with TR vs TP cuz if that was the case here, I'm sure that this episode would've been promoted much more by now.

Mr. Guy

Banned
Given SM's style, we'll likely see something comical. I doubt we'd see anything super serious like what we were meant to get with TR vs TP cuz if that was the case here, I'm sure that this episode would've been promoted much more by now.

Regardless of SM's style, Team Skull in general is presented in a very comical fashion in the games. Guzma, Plumeria, and Gladion are the only members treated the least bit seriously.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Cant wait for the episode. Really wondering if TS will be causing problems for ash&co or TR.

The Skull-dan seem even more incompetent to me than the Rocket-dan, so at most they'll probably be a minor nuisance to Satoshi and his classmates.

diakyu

Yeah lets not act like the style of Sun and Moon has anything to do with Team Skull when the game doesn't even take them seriously, especially on Melemele.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Can you clarify as to what's been established about Z-moves that would prevent Team Rocket from using them, because if you just say that it's because they need a strong bond with a pokemon then that doesn't really stop them from using a Z-move as most of the time they tend to have a strong bond with their pokemon, for instance it looks like Mareanie is probably going to have a strong bond with James.

Nah, Z-moves are too much for TR and I doubt that the writers will even think about giving TR Z-moves. If they get one, given their nature, they will misuse it and then Z-moves will just become a regularity in SM during the everyday encounters with TR. The current belief that SM means 'Spam (Z)Moves' will then very much become true!

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Besides with people still singing Rocket's praises about their win over Ash when James got his capture, and Bewear a possible combatant, their already threatening enough.

No they aren't. Bewear isn't theirs yet.
Team Rocket deserve z-moves, especially as they're always limited to one or two Pokemon each. And they need to evolve and pick up new techniques or they'll get as stale and boring as XY Rocket, the worst treatment of Rocket. TRio aren't 'bad guys' either, they're good people on the wrong path. Ash needs to have somebody with a z-move fighting him.
They don't even have to find one they can use yet, they can find some crystal for a Pokemon type neither of them possess like Flying or Fire leading them to trying to catch/steal Pokemon with that type so they can use it before meeting a wild Minior/Salandit

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I can't see TR using Z-moves, it was established you've got to clear a trial or be "ordained" by the Tapu's to use em, you really think that the tapu's would allow thieves to use em?

Well in the games Plumeria has Z-Crystal and Guzma's got one but just holds back, so I don't see why Team Rocket can't.

The OG comic villains meet Team Skull? This is going to be a funny episode if they play their cards right

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Well in the games Plumeria has Z-Crystal and Guzma's got one but just holds back, so I don't see why Team Rocket can't

to be fair Plumeria ain't like the rest of Team Skull, yes she does a couple of bad things(like kidnapping Lille in game), but she actually apologizes for what she does and treats the rest of Team skull like siblings, showing that she isn't selfish which as Kiawe explained is a quality needed to use Z-moves.

and Guzma only stocked up on the bugium Z so no one in Alola could be better at using bug types than him.

TR are selfish thieves who care only about themselves in the end, do you really think people like that could be allowed to use Z-moves?

ShadowForce720

to be fair Plumeria ain't like the rest of Team Skull, yes she does a couple of bad things(like kidnapping Lille in game), but she actually apologizes for what she does and treats the rest of Team skull like siblings, showing that she isn't selfish which as Kiawe explained is a quality needed to use Z-moves.

and Guzma only stocked up on the bugium Z so no one in Alola could be better at using bug types than him.

TR are selfish thieves who care only about themselves in the end, do you really think people like that could be allowed to use Z-moves?

Yes I think they could use Z-moves since they aren't as selfish as your trying to make them sound, sure they do bad things but they do genuinely care about their pokemon and they have done some good things before. Especially if you look at James and sometimes even Meowth where you see clearly intense where they aren't being selfish, so I really don't think you can use the whole arugment that the Team Rocket trio are just selfish thieve that only care about themselves because that's simply not true.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Yes I think they could use Z-moves since they aren't as selfish as your trying to make them sound, sure they do bad things but they do genuinely care about their pokemon and they have done some good things before.

It isn't just about caring for your pokemon, did you not pay attention to what Kiawe said when he confronted Ash over getting his Z-ring?

Z-moves are more important than people think.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

It isn't just about caring for your pokemon, did you not pay attention to what Kiawe said when he confronted Ash over getting his Z-ring?

Z-moves are more important than people think.

Yeah, but at the very least I can see James being able to use Z-moves, because it's been shown that James isn't generally selfish and there are even times where he's helped out other characters.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Yeah, but at the very least I can see James being able to use Z-moves, because it's been shown that James isn't generally selfish and there are even times where he's helped out other characters.

I can agree with that, but no way both of them would get Z-moves, James is more emotional, but Jessie I don't think so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.