• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 4th: SM25 - The Fight Over the Crystal! The Rocket Gang VS The Skull Gang!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatsRight

This could be good, TR battling a fellow clownish team for a change. I love when two fall guys try to duke it out.

Seriously I'd love it if Alola broke their usual lack of dynamics and just let the TRio level grind this series. XY was a disaster in this area, they caught one Pokemon each and then just slowly succumbed to villain decay, not even the showcase arc or the potential for a Flare rivalry managing to stop the usual plague of 'interrupt-curb stomp-blast off' formula.

Let the TRio DO STUFF this time. We can have a cool growing rivalry with Skull and the TRio shadowing the class to collect info and Z-Crystals...or this can be a one off like the vs Flare episode and things just slowly wind down to the same old repetition again.

On a side note, the TRio will be watching a session, meaning we must be seeing some actual teaching going on in this episode. :D

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Incompetent pair of nincompoops vs a much more engaging gang of nincompoops (with a kickass theme to boot) this is going be so good!

Mr. Guy

Banned
It'll probably just be the same trio of Team Skull Grunts from the previous episodes. I don't expect Guzma or Plumeria here.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I can't see TR using Z-moves, it was established you've got to clear a trial or be "ordained" by the Tapu's to use em, you really think that the tapu's would allow thieves to use em?

DatsRight

I can't see TR using Z-moves, it was established you've got to clear a trial or be "ordained" by the Tapu's to use em, you really think that the tapu's would allow thieves to use em?

Well TR are the masters of disguise and TS are more or less standard punk NPCs in masks. They could easily get around them.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

I don't think Team Rocket will actually end up getting a Z-Crystal. However, I expect them to spend quite a bit of the series trying to get their hands (and paws) on one.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Hmm, does this mean that the TRT will also get to use Z-moves at some point? I really hope not, Z-moves aren't meant for petty villains like them. Anyway, Team Skull showing up as well, wonder whether it will be only some grunts or some of their leading figures will appear as well.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
I predict Team Rocket will beat the Skull grunts only for Gladion to come in and destroy them (ples)

Red and Blue

Given the title, I'd say either Rocket or Skull is walking away with the mysterious Z crystal. I'd say Team Rocket since them having one could be a major game changer.

dp045

Something tells me that the transmission of the chapter is going to be canceled ...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
YES! This is the episode I've wanted!
I'd love it if they made Plumerina, Jessie's rival.

desdar300

Bugnium Z huntimg. Guzma wants all the Bugnium-Z so no one is stronger than him w/Bug types. Conflict Source confirmed. Comedy comes when TR get the crystal at the end, but find out that none of their Pokémon know a Bug move
This is what I was thinking too. Having Plumeria show up would end this little bout rather swiftly and she deserves an episode to herself.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Thank God I'm not the only one thinking an admin will show up here.

Like, were people expecting this to be like XY(Z) again where we don't get to see the admins until the latter half of the series? I doubt that, given Team Skull has already been introduced in the anime, and outside of Lysandre in the ME specials, we didn't see Team Flare at all until much people?

However, I think Plumeria is more likely to debut than Gladion, given that she's supposed to be this "big sister" figure. I could see the TRio gaining the upper hand against the Team Skull grunts, then Plumeria comes in and curbstomps them with her Salazzle in order to protect her subordinates.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

Like, were people expecting this to be like XY(Z) again where we don't get to see the admins until the latter half of the series? I doubt that, given Team Skull has already been introduced in the anime, and outside of Lysandre in the ME specials, we didn't see Team Flare at all until much people?

However, I think Plumeria is more likely to debut than Gladion, given that she's supposed to be this "big sister" figure. I could see the TRio gaining the upper hand against the Team Skull grunts, then Plumeria comes in and curbstomps them with her Salazzle in order to protect her subordinates.

or Bewear comes in and forces a draw.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I want Team Skull to completely destory Team lousy blastoffs.
Lol, the irony is that Team Rocket has so far proved to be more competent than Team Skull so far. Team Skull grunts has been absolutely destroyed in their two appearences so far, whereas Team Rocket has managed to beat Ash once in SM012 so far. :p

I can see Plumeria appearing here but not Gladion. Gladion the edgelord should only appear when the plot starts to get serious, that will suit his personality better!

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Lol, the irony is that Team Rocket has so far proved to be more competent than Team Skull so far. Team Skull grunts has been absolutely destroyed in their two appearences so far, whereas Team Rocket has managed to beat Ash once in SM012 so far!

to be fair, the first time they fought both Ash and Kiawe, the latter of which obliterated them with a Z-move, and then Ash pretty much did the same thing during their second encounter.

Take Z-moves out of the mix and they might be more competent in battle, especially with a numbers game.

Only problem is I feel Rocket still has the advantage, in the form of a giant pink bear that people seem to be forgetting.

Even if Plumeria does show up and get involved, her Salazzle would have to be able to take Bewear down, otherwise they ain't winning.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
to be fair, the first time they fought both Ash and Kiawe, the latter of which obliterated them with a Z-move, and then Ash pretty much did the same thing during their second encounter.

Take Z-moves out of the mix and they might be more competent in battle, especially with a numbers game.

Only problem is I feel Rocket still has the advantage, in the form of a giant pink bear that people seem to be forgetting.

Even if Plumeria does show up and get involved, her Salazzle would have to be able to take Bewear down, otherwise they ain't winning.

Yeah Team Skull had to face the wrath of Z-moves both times while Team Rocket didn't. But still, Team Skull grunts were pretty much losing the first time even before Kiawe used Inferno Overdrive. :p

In this fight, I don't think Bewear will fight with TR. I might just come are carry away TR when things get heated up, that's how I can see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.