• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 4th: SM25 - The Fight Over the Crystal! The Rocket Gang VS The Skull Gang!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
All Lele did was see him and heal his hands. Lele might stalk Ash but end up taking an interest in, oh, let's say, Mallow instead.

that is what I am hoping for!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
and you don't think Tapu Koko would sense this and stop them?

TR using Z-moves at all breaks down everything that's been established about them so far.

What would be bad about that? OP Team Rocket is best TR. This isn't Mega Evolution, which James could easily do as he cares for his Pokemon just as much as Ash if not more. Them being an actual challenge is fun instead of pathetic Pokemon like Chespin and Dedenne blasting them off.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
What would be bad about that? OP Team Rocket is best TR. This isn't Mega Evolution, which James could easily do as he cares for his Pokemon just as much as Ash if not more. Them being an actual challenge is fun instead of pathetic Pokemon like Chespin and Dedenne blasting them off.

it's what's been established so far about Z-moves that makes me believe TR won't get to use em.

Heck with Mimikyu and Bewear on their side their already OP enough.

ShadowForce720

it's what's been established so far about Z-moves that makes me believe TR won't get to use em.

Heck with Mimikyu and Bewear on their side their already OP enough.

Can you clarify as to what's been established about Z-moves that would prevent Team Rocket from using them, because if you just say that it's because they need a strong bond with a pokemon then that doesn't really stop them from using a Z-move as most of the time they tend to have a strong bond with their pokemon, for instance it looks like Mareanie is probably going to have a strong bond with James.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I'm referring to what Kiawe said to Ash when he got his Z-ring from Tapu Koko.

Didn't stop Ash from using Gigavolt Havoc. Z-Crystals just break after one use if you're unworthy or something. And there are a lot of Z-Crytsals, as evidenced by Guzma's Buginium stash.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Tapu Koko wanted to test Ash out, and because Ash hadn't cleared any trials yet that's why the crystal broke.

it's explained in the game that the reason why Guzma had such a stash is because he didn't want anyone becoming a better bug type trainer than him.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Tapu Koko wanted to test Ash out, and because Ash hadn't cleared any trials yet that's why the crystal broke.

it's explained in the game that the reason why Guzma had such a stash is because he didn't want anyone becoming a better bug type trainer than him.

That doesn't mean Team Rocket can't gather a bunch of crystals for one-time uses since they'll obviously never clear any trials. James and Mareanie could almost certainly use Acid Downpour or Hydro Vortex.

Everything12

Does anyone actually believe that Team Rocket will ever use a Z-Move, because while so far they have been used better than last session I struggle to see them using something as plot important as Z-Moves I can see them stealing the crystal but I don't see them successfully using it.

Do you think Team Skull's hatred of Z-Moves is replacing their hatred of Island Trails or is because of that hatred or is completely unrelated to it. Personally I hope its the second one because I liked the reason they gave for their hatred of them and if teat reason extends to Z-Moves it will make them better villains overall IMO, though considering they didn't appear during Gumshoos trials I doubt they have kept their hatred for the Trials.

Last edited:

desdar300

Does anyone actually believe that Team Rocket will ever use a Z-Move, because while so far they have been used better than last session I struggle to see them using something as plot important as Z-Moves I can see them stealing the crystal but I don't see them successfully using it.

Do you think Team Skull's hatred of Z-Moves is replacing their hatred of Island Trails or is because of that hatred or is completely unrelated to it. Personally I hope its the second one because I liked the reason they gave for their hatred of them and if teat reason extends to Z-Moves it will make them better villains overall IMO, though considering they didn't appear during Gumshoos trials I doubt they have kept their hatred for the Trials.
It'd be weird for them not to since them failing their trials is one of the reasons they hate Alola and themselves so much.

Everything12

True but the anime has been know to dumb down the villains and removing one of the only reasons Team Skull gets sympathy seems like something they would do, I also don't think that Guzma's childhood will be even hinted at considering how they dumb their villains down and it was only ever hinted at in game leaving the players to actually figure it out.

Personally I like how this generation has both Team Skull and the Aether Foundation, this allows them to have Team Skull as the goofy ones like Team Rocket and the Aether Foundation can be serious like Team Galactic and Team Flare.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'm just gonna guess Plumeria and Guzma cause so much trouble in the other islands and the Tapus are fed up with them that they want to find the chosen one.

And then it's found out Team Skull is antagonizing the Aether Foundation.

Everything12

That reminds me of the origins of Team Skull as the first members originally being from a group that attracted the wrath of the Tapus, bet that won't be mentioned in the anime. Personally I think Tapu Koko is taking interesting in Ash because of the Ultra Beasts, Team Skull at this point they seem to be little more than a nuisance not big enough to warrant the attention of the island guardians.

desdar300

True but the anime has been know to dumb down the villains and removing one of the only reasons Team Skull gets sympathy seems like something they would do, I also don't think that Guzma's childhood will be even hinted at considering how they dumb their villains down and it was only ever hinted at in game leaving the players to actually figure it out.

Personally I like how this generation has both Team Skull and the Aether Foundation, this allows them to have Team Skull as the goofy ones like Team Rocket and the Aether Foundation can be serious like Team Galactic and Team Flare.
To be fair, Lusamine is also the one pulling the strings behind TS too and its thanks to them acting like pest why nobody suspected anything of the AF.
I have a very strong feeling that TS will get redeemed but the main one in question as to whether or not the writers will shill is Lusamine herself.

Rohanator

Seems likely enough for me that Team Rocket will somehow manage to get their hands on a Z crystal and ring, but they'll break after they use them once. So they'll get their one moment of glory, but it'll end in comedic disappointment and be left at that till the end (or much later at least) of the show.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Seems likely enough for me that Team Rocket will somehow manage to get their hands on a Z crystal and ring, but they'll break after they use them once. So they'll get their one moment of glory, but it'll end in comedic disappointment and be left at that till the end (or much later at least) of the show.

Or Team Rocket will manage to get their hands on a Z-Crystal, but, since they don't know much about Z-moves and, thus, don't really know what they're doing, it will either be a Z-Crystal none of their Pokémon can actually use, or they'll try to activate it with the wrong Z-move pose.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Has it been stated anywhere that TR actually gets a Z-Ring and Z-Crystal? Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with this thread lately.

Unless it's stated somewhere that's what happens, I still think Plumeria's just going to come in and curbstomp them and take the Crystal for herself.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Has it been stated anywhere that TR actually gets a Z-Ring and Z-Crystal? Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with this thread lately.

Unless it's stated somewhere that's what happens, I still think Plumeria's just going to come in and curbstomp them and take the Crystal for herself.

It's been stated that Team Rocket becomes interested in obtaining Z-Crystals after they witness the students at the Pokémon School (most likely Ash and Kiawe) using Z-moves. But unless I missed something (and I have been keeping up with this thread), it hasn't been stated anywhere that TR actually succeed in obtaining a Z-Crystal. The title implies that they find a Z-Crystal, but I don't know if that means they actually get to use it, or if Team Skull shows up at that very moment. It's also possible the Z-Crystal Team Rocket finds is already in Team Skull's possession, and Team Rocket attempts to steal it from them.

Personally, I don't think Team Rocket will succeed in permanently obtaining a Z-Crystal, especially not this early in the series (and I'm not just saying that because I don't want them to even though I really don't want them to).

Status
Not open for further replies.