• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 4th: SM25 - The Fight Over the Crystal! The Rocket Gang VS The Skull Gang!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Regardless of SM's style, Team Skull in general is presented in a very comical fashion in the games. Guzma, Plumeria, and Gladion are the only members treated the least bit seriously.

That's true I guess. I wish we'd get to see Gladion show up here since Team Skull's involved, but it seems like we might just deal with more wacky antics from the Team Skull grunts and the Team Rocket trio and not anything too progressive.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Not too progressive, but should be hella fun! :D

Besides, least we forget, Team Skull was really a distraction hiding the REAL villains of Alola.

Even then, only the admins were really villains, what with abandoning Type: null after it failed to be useful. Team Skull reminds me of the Bridge Bike Gang from way back when. I'm not sure how many of the Aether employees were aware of the Team Skull connection. My favorite line from one of them is "Oh well, guess it's back to ethical Pokemon conservation for me".

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
To be honest I hope TS will get handled differently than in the games, because there they were just doing nothing other than hiding AF true intentions, but that was really really poorly written making them garbage in my opinion.

Better them changing from the evil to the good at the end of the plot and helpin Ash and the others defeating Lusamine.

dp045

To be honest I hope TS will get handled differently than in the games, because there they were just doing nothing other than hiding AF true intentions, but that was really really poorly written making them garbage in my opinion.

Better them changing from the evil to the good at the end of the plot and helpin Ash and the others defeating Lusamine.

Agree. It has to be accepted, the TS has been the worst Villain Team in the entire Pokémon saga, basically originated because if and its boss, Guzma, was only the puppet of Lusamine with very vague reasons of why to submit to that *****. At least Guzma really if he was a competent coach and unlike Gladio (of the worst characters of SM) this one that fulfilled the role of "rival" with the protagonist.

By the way: It is supposed that a new member of the TS that will be introduced in the anime Could be Plumeria? I say, in the games appears in front of the player after defeating some members in Melemele and Akala, with the aim of defending their people and make pay the protagonsita. Considered that in the episodes where the TS appeared have been defeated as 3 times by Ash & company, so it might be that Aparesca Plumeria to find out who were the ones who humiliated his band.

dp045

Guzma submitted to Lusamine because at least she was the only person in the world who gave a damn about his worth.

Even though she pretty clearly used him and he was blinded by that.

Anyway it's a very bad justification. I mean, the motives of the villains and their goals in previous games is not that they were well made, from mobsters to megalomaniaticos but in the case of Guzma is only an excuse for the boss of the TS did not look so "Intimidating" and compared Lusamine look better as final villain.

As the "anime = / = video games" in SM could give another interpretation of Guzma where he is alien to Lusamine, on his own initiative founded TS and for the end that is associated with the Aether to achieve a common goal for both Groups. At least in my opinion.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
So... Team Skull sees Ash with the Z-crystal in Episode 24, and comes after it in Episode 25? Seems legit.

No they aren't. Bewear isn't theirs yet.
Team Rocket deserve z-moves, especially as they're always limited to one or two Pokemon each. And they need to evolve and pick up new techniques or they'll get as stale and boring as XY Rocket, the worst treatment of Rocket. TRio aren't 'bad guys' either, they're good people on the wrong path. Ash needs to have somebody with a z-move fighting him.
They don't even have to find one they can use yet, they can find some crystal for a Pokemon type neither of them possess like Flying or Fire leading them to trying to catch/steal Pokemon with that type so they can use it before meeting a wild Minior/Salandit

If/when they catch Bewear, I definitely want to see it use Supersonic Skystrike. It would need Aerial Ace, and I could see that happening. In terms of moveset, it should definitely have stuff like:
- Bind
- Hammer Arm
- Mega Kick/Brutal Swing
- Aerial Ace

I can agree with that, but no way both of them would get Z-moves, James is more emotional, but Jessie I don't think so.

As much as James is emotional, Jessie is passionate. There's honestly no doubt in my mind that if it were available at the time, she could've used a Z-move with Gourgeist.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Anyway it's a very bad justification. I mean, the motives of the villains and their goals in previous games is not that they were well made, from mobsters to megalomaniaticos but in the case of Guzma is only an excuse for the boss of the TS did not look so "Intimidating" and compared Lusamine look better as final villain.

As the "anime = / = video games" in SM could give another interpretation of Guzma where he is alien to Lusamine, on his own initiative founded TS and for the end that is associated with the Aether to achieve a common goal for both Groups. At least in my opinion.

I don't think you played sun and moon properly without understanding the story. To call gladion the worst character. Seriously? He left home from his abusive mother to become stronger on his own, and save type:null from her. And regarding guzma, him being alien to lusamine in the anime would defeat the purpose of showing what a cold manipulative woman lusamine is, since she used him as well as others. And regarding team skull, it was refreshing that they were a bunch of loser thugs, rather than being every other villian who wanted to destroy the world. (Looking at team flare, who sucked in the games).

But anyway, the anime usually deviates their villian plots from the games, so they may totally change the guzma lusamine sub plot as well, although I really hope they don't.

desdar300

I mean they weren't supposed to be evil just tragic from the get go.
It also shows just how cruel Lusamine is too since she took advantage of kids with severe depression

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
As much as James is emotional, Jessie is passionate. There's honestly no doubt in my mind that if it were available at the time, she could've used a Z-move with Gourgeist.

again it's not just about having a strong pokemon bond.

it goes beyond the pokemon to use Z-moves, James more times than Jessie has shown such selflessness enough to convince me if either of them could use Z-moves he could, Jessie has not.

After the previous episode and how they treated that Dugtrio I still have my doubts though.

A friend of mine who doesn't post here much did have an idea though, given TR's technology, what if Jessie and James did get Z-crystals, but since they likely can't get the rings proper, contact their HQ and Giovanni sends them "pseudo" rings that allow them to use the Z crystals without them breaking.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
New summaries:

http://i.imgur.com/521g9TH.jpg
One day, the Rocket Gang, who were trying to steal Pikachu as usual, sneaked a peek at a class at the Pokémon School. They're shocked by the "Z-Moves" and decide to search for the "Z-Crystals" needed to learn such moves. But then the Skull Gang, a group that commits thuggish acts throughout the Alola region, shows up and challenges the Rocket Gang to a battle over a "Z-Crystal".

-------

The Skull Gang appears before the Rocket Gang as they search for Z-Crystals.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So Team Skull and Team Rocket battling over a Z-crystal? That's intriguing! I hope that amongst all the conflict, Ash ultimately ends up getting the Z-crystal. :D

Shotgunrain

TR is going to lose this battle. Mimikyu doesn't care unless it's against Pikachu. That's the battle half won for Skull already.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
TR is going to lose this battle. Mimikyu doesn't care unless it's against Pikachu. That's the battle half won for Skull already.

idk I think they could do very well. Besides not having a z-move, they were able to take Ash in that double, so I think they could stand a good chance. Also Mimiyku is slowly listening to Jessie, like when it attacked the alolan dugtrio on command.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
A Guzma appearance, even if no words are spoken, is reason enough for hype.

Skull wins to give them some competence and also Bewear will just collect Rocket, as per usual.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
The rivalry fro Team Rocket I wanted! I can't wait for the outcome of this battle, they could destroy themselves without any involvement of Ash and Kiawe lol. :p

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I dunno, Mimikyu obeyed Jessie in SM23, but it remains to be seen if that was just a one-time thing.

I still think Plumeria is going to come in and ultimately curbstomp TR to protect her subordinates and get the Z-Crystal.

Status
Not open for further replies.