• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 4th: SM25 - The Fight Over the Crystal! The Rocket Gang VS The Skull Gang!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
This could still be the start of a rivalry between Team Rocket and Team Skull that might permeate the rest of the series (and hopefully be less one-sided than the rivalry between Team Rocket and Team Flare), in which case this episode might not be a total waste, even if it's still filler.
A rivalry that won't go anywhere and will most likely serve no purpose other than comic relief. :/

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
It hasn't even aired in Japan yet or this thread would be locked

yeah thats what I thought but I was confused because they were pretty set in it being a filler episode as if they saw it, so I just wanted to confirm.

I think she's trying to say "don't knock it 'till you've seen it." However...

No, but I don't know what could save this episode from being filler. There's no Plumeria, and in all likelihood, nobody is getting tjst Z-Crystal. Unless Jessie catches Bewear or Mareanie evolves or some other ridiculous thing happens, I just don't see the point of this episode.

I'm a he lol not that it really matters at all anyways :p sorry I was a little convinced you had by the way you were writing! I see what you mean, but as Satomine night pointed out, I think the start to their rivalry isn't tooo fillerish.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
A rivalry that won't go anywhere and will most likely serve no purpose other than comic relief. :/

You said it. What is the point of seeing a rivalry between two groups of incompetent mooks? It's better to focus on the potentially intense rivalry between Ash and Gladion! :D

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

You're not usually this cynical. While it probably will serve as a bit of comic relief, I'm hoping that one image with Team Rocket looking down on Team Skull proves prophetic. Team Rocket is obviously going to see Team Skull for what they are: a bunch of wannabe gangsters with no actual direction in what they do besides random harassment. And with Team Rocket being more like their original Kanto selves, I think this episode still has a lot of potential.

Janovy

Banned
You should know the writers better than that lol.

When did a Team Rocket rivalry with any evil team result in anything other than Team Rocket helping defeat them eventually?

You think they will set up a rivalry here and then completely ignore it for the rest of the series? LMAO

Spyro39

When did a Team Rocket rivalry with any evil team result in anything other than Team Rocket helping defeat them eventually?

You think they will set up a rivalry here and then completely ignore it for the rest of the series? LMAO

Well it's not so much that Team Rocket's and Team Skull's rivalry will be ignored for the rest of the series, but rather portrayed as comedic and goofy instead of dramatic throughout the whole series given that both villain teams are pretty much like that.

Janovy

Banned
Well it's not so much that Team Rocket's and Team Skull's rivalry will be ignored for the rest of the series, but rather portrayed as comedic and goofy instead of dramatic throughout the whole series given that both villain teams are pretty much like that.
Well of course it will, there are no serious elements in play right now so of course it is going to be more comedic. Doesn't mean it will stay that way, especially once the Aether Foundation makes their debut.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Last call of the day!

Will TR try to steal Kukui's hidden treasure of Z-Crystals (because they're thieves and dumb)?! Will TR REALLY own a Z-Crystal for more than one episode?! Will the TS grunts nab the crystal and take it away?! Will someone else end up with the crystal somehow?! Will the crystal get lost anyway?! Does this devalue the Kahuna of Ula'ula Island given it's the Dark-type Z-Crystal?! Why is there even such a Z-Crystal at Melemele Island?!

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Last call of the day!

Will TR try to steal Kukui's hidden treasure of Z-Crystals (because they're thieves and dumb)?! Will TR REALLY own a Z-Crystal for more than one episode?! Will the TS grunts nab the crystal and take it away?! Will someone else end up with the crystal somehow?! Will the crystal get lost anyway?! Does this devalue the Kahuna of Ula'ula Island given it's the Dark-type Z-Crystal?! Why is there even such a Z-Crystal at Melemele Island?!

1. Sometime in the future, but not today. Or they might be props.

2. Well, there is the ending to think about. But I don't think they're getting this one.

3. No, Skull is even less competent than Rocket in regards to criminal activity.

4. Raticate looks like a likely choice here. Of course, someone could always catch the Raticate.

5. No, it doesn't devalue Ula'ula's kahuna. He didn't care about his job anyway.

6. It's there because of the Rattata and Raticate. Gumshoos' had its Z-Crystal, so Raticate also has its with it.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
You're not usually this cynical. While it probably will serve as a bit of comic relief, I'm hoping that one image with Team Rocket looking down on Team Skull proves prophetic. Team Rocket is obviously going to see Team Skull for what they are: a bunch of wannabe gangsters with no actual direction in what they do besides random harassment. And with Team Rocket being more like their original Kanto selves, I think this episode still has a lot of potential.
I don't usually put expectations on an episode either unless it's warranted, but I suppose that is my mistake this time. Next time, no expectations unless we get real evidence that something of substance is going to happen.

This could be an entertaining filler, yes, but still, a filler is a filler.

Of course not. If a rivalry is set up at all, I expect it to be a comedic sideshow to the real action. Something to entertain us every now and then, but in the end, it doesn't really mean anything.

I do expect TR to help out with Aether, though.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Last call of the day!

1. I would love to see them try, because that could be entertaining (especially if they don't know Ash lives with Professor Kukui, and end up getting blasted back to Bewear's den via Gigavolt Havoc).

2. No, probably not, at least not this time and preferably never.

3. I have a feeling that won't happen, either, given how incompetent Team Skull grunts are.

4. If by "someone else," you mean the Totem Raticate who was (from what it seems) guarding in the first place, then probably.

5. Nope, not in the least. (Not that Nanu seems to care much about his job as a Kahuna, anyway.)

6. For the same reason there was a Normalium-Z on Melemele Island--Totem Pokémon.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
If TR gets a Z-crystal, they will most probably misuse it and Z-moves will become a regularity then. So I'd say that TR shouldn't get a Z-crystal.

That's why I also don't think they deserve one cuz they'd never have a chance to use a Z-Crystal to its fullest extent given their goofy villain status. I like how they're at least showing interest in them however.

Status
Not open for further replies.