• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 5th: SM120 - Suiren Hooks a Kyogre?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vixzey

He hasn't done that yet this saga ( with Pokémon, at least, no excuses for Nurse Joy). Lana also keeps mentioning it, so there's no reason for him to not know.

As far as I have noticed, he did once, with Mienshao in the ping pong episode, where he asked rotom what it was, however this was in Norwegian dub, so it may have transpired differently in jap/english.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Nahh, Popplio/Brionne only had three moves to begin with, so it'll likely just be Bubble Beam/Aqua Jet/Surf/Sparkling Aria.
Nagisa’s capture episode seemed to imply Aqua Jet evolved into Surf, I thought? Bubble Beam seems like old news in general but it would make sense to actually have a bubble attack. I guess LGPE moves aren’t canon hence why we ain’t getting / gotten Bouncy Bubble. Would think with the friendship between Ashirene and Nagisa on top of Suiren training that Nagisa would have learned it by now.
I feel like y'all against lana catching kyogre take this series way too seriously. Lana seems like a novice trainer at best so having a powerful pokemon like kyogre may balance that out. Also ash has pikachu and as you all know that thing has defeated legendaries before. Plus it's another chance to see a tamed box legend. (Like rayquaza in generations)
Things like Darkrai, Celebi, Jirachi, etc. make sense. They’re just strong legends, Kyogre is more of a sea deity I highly doubt she’s catching it and I actually would have an issue with that. Plus it’s unrealistic for a league fight since it’s bound to water and we don’t know if the field is interchangeable also I’m sure Ashirene is meant to be the star of Suiren’s team and Kyogre would overshadow that. Also Pokemon Fan mentioned Oysamari evolving and focused on that.

Sulfurian

Nagisa’s capture episode seemed to imply Aqua Jet evolved into Surf, I thought? Bubble Beam seems like old news in general but it would make sense to actually have a bubble attack. I guess LGPE moves aren’t canon hence why we ain’t getting / gotten Bouncy Bubble. Would think with the friendship between Ashirene and Nagisa on top of Suiren training that Nagisa would have learned it by now.
Things like Darkrai, Celebi, Jirachi, etc. make sense. They’re just strong legends, Kyogre is more of a sea deity I highly doubt she’s catching it and I actually would have an issue with that. Plus it’s unrealistic for a league fight since it’s bound to water and we don’t know if the field is interchangeable also I’m sure Ashirene is meant to be the star of Suiren’s team and Kyogre would overshadow that. Also Pokemon Fan mentioned Oysamari evolving and focused on that.

Manaphy is more of a sea deity than kyogre is in the anime. This is assuming that there are multiple kyogre of course. This is also assuming that the mighty legend kyogre can't handle what, two hunters? Some deity there. The league probably has a function to turn the battlefield into water like all other arenas.

Sulfurian

So the Prince of the Sea ranks higher than the Creator of the Sea?

Yeeeeeeeeah...no. Those two are on equal terms at best; at worst, Kyogre outranks Manaphy by a large margin.

Only one manaphy, multiple kyogre. Catch one kyogre does not effect the sea at all. Catching a manaphy will upset whatever balance there is in that "kingdom" of sorts. That's also if the anime takes the legend mythos seriously.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Only one manaphy, multiple kyogre. Catch one kyogre does not effect the sea at all. Catching a manaphy will upset whatever balance there is in that "kingdom" of sorts. That's also if the anime takes the legend mythos seriously.
Manaphy are basically just a mutant variant of Phione that is rare enough that people believe only one is born every thousand years.

Kintaro

Banned
Manaphy being one of a kind is probably why it's never appeared in an episode of the anime to date, and the one with May from Movie 9 is its only canon appearance in the entire series.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Manaphy being one of a kind is probably why it's never appeared in an episode of the anime to date, and the one with May from Movie 9 is its only canon appearance in the entire series.
reminder that jirachi, who also has the "once in 1000 years" thing, appeared in both a movie and the main anime

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
It may have been intended to be the same Jirachi. We can't be sure because Jirachi's original voice actress died, and possessing a unique voice is a decent way to tell certain important individuals apart. However, I'd bet on the Best Wishes Jirachi being a completely separate individual, since that's the simpler answer.

Kintaro

Banned
I'm sure the writers weren't thinking of some old movie from 2003 when they were making a BW episode in 2013. They know the majority of the target audience watching weren't even born during the Hoenn era.

Sulfurian

Well even then think about it. If kyogre already "created" the ocean what is catching it gonna do? If a golduck made a natural lake, and I catch that golduck, is that lake gonna disappear? Rain and all nature still would function.

Sulfurian

Don't they kind of cover that with Team Aqua's story, at least in the games? The oceans would evaporate and cause tidal storms and tsunami's.

It must have been a side story, because if the core games actually said that the actual game mechanic wouldn't make logical sense. Could have just been passed on as a false legend to prevent people from catching it. Or these hunters from this episode didn't believe that story either.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Yay for Seismitoad and Palpitoad appearing! They're my absolute favorite Pokemon line, even if they do happen to belong to some poachers ;)
Palpitoad was my second natural shiny, got it in White or White 2. First was a Platinum Psyduck.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
https://cho-animedia.jp/anime/89012/?

Maybe those sparkles around Primarina are it after using it's signature move or Z-Move. And it apparently evolves chasing Kyogre. And seriously Ash, Fire Fang against a Palpitoad? Unless Rowlet and Meltan have been knocked out, this is not the time to use Torracat.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
https://cho-animedia.jp/anime/89012/?

Maybe those sparkles around Primarina are it after using it's signature move or Z-Move. And it apparently evolves chasing Kyogre. And seriously Ash, Fire Fang against a Palpitoad? Unless Rowlet and Meltan have been knocked out, this is not the time to use Torracat.
Yes because Meltan is obviously a better choice to go up against Palpitoad/Seismitoad!

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Yes because Meltan is obviously a better choice to go up against Palpitoad/Seismitoad!
It is when it has Headbutt and Flash Cannon and it needs more battling experience. Obviously Fire moves would be bad against Water and Ground, but we don't know them Palpitoad has any Water or Ground-type moves, so it battling against Meltan isn't a bad thing, as of yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.