• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 6th: PM2019 109 - VS Kibana! A Fight with Masters Eight on the Line!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Satoshi challenges Kibana, one of the absolute top Gym Leaders in the Galar region, but struggles against the weather manipulator's battle style.

Screenplay 面出明美 (Akemi Omode)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 上野史博 (Fumihiro Ueno)
Animation Director 篠原隆 (Takashi Shinohara)

-------

POKEMON FAN:

xtWJMHu.jpg

Aiming to challenge the reigning champ Dande!
A SUPER FIERCE FIGHT BETWEEN SATOSHI AND KIBANA!!
Kibana is a skilled trainer that sees the reigning champ Dande as his rival! Will Satoshi get close to his goal, a battle against Dande, if he beats this tough opponent?!

KMB3Fup.jpg

SATOSHI: I WANT TO BATTLE DANDE ONE MORE TIME!
Satoshi realized how skilled Dande was in an unofficial battle he begged him for. In order to show him how much he has grown thoughout his adventure and his many battles, he first has to win against Kibana!

WHAT WAS HIS BATTLE AGAINST DANDE LIKE?
This was Satoshi's first Daimax battle in the Galar region! Pikachu Kyodaimaxed, but still got crushed by Lizardon's power!

SATOSHI'S BATTLE STRATEGIES: WILL HE USE KYODAIMAX AND MEGA EVOLUTION?!
Both are powerful trump cards he discovered on his adventure! Deciding when and against who to use them is critical!
LUCARIO'S MEGA EVOLUTION: It can temporarily battle with more power than normal! Mega Lucario might even be able to win against all three?!
GANGAR'S KYODAIMAX: It grows gigantic, towering over 20 meters! If it were too catch and swallow the opponent with its long tongue, the match would be over right then and there?!

kdfNx3U.jpg

DANDE: VICTORY AGAINST DANDE, THE GREATEST OF THEM ALL AND MY RIVAL!
Kibana has always had a very visible rivalry with Dande, the overwhelming champ that kept winning and winning. He has declared he will win against Dande, and utterly refuses to hand his position as one of the Masters Eight over to Satoshi, who has climbed all the way from the Normal Class!

WHAT WAS HIS BATTLE AGAINST DANDE LIKE?
It was an official match in the Master Class. Both Pokémon Kyodaimaxed, and the battle ended with Lizardon winning.

KIBANA'S BATTLE STRATEGIES: HE USES POKÉMON MOVES TO CONTROL THE WEATHER IN THE STADIUM AS HE SEES FIT!
He changes the weather so he'll always battle with an advantage. Satoshi will have to fight both the Pokémon and the weather at the same time!
FLYGON'S SANDSTORM: In addition to inflicting damage on the opponent, the sand makes it difficult to see!
NUMELGON'S RAIN DANCE: Numelgon performs better when wet, and Water type moves increase in power as well!

Last edited by a moderator:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
He was literally shown to be a member of the Master 8 in has battle against Leon, and unless he is specifically stated otherwise is still likely a member of the Masters 8.
Oh, sure, the Elite Four member who's not that hot in battle is less of a challenge than the Gym Leader who could be the Champion of another region and can barely keep up with Leon.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Please be at least 3 on 3 or even a Double Battle.

nuzamaki90

He was literally shown to be a member of the Master 8 in has battle against Leon, and unless he is specifically stated otherwise is still likely a member of the Masters 8.
Yes, that’s why I said it was just a cameo. We saw his rank decrease, and it likely could have decreased again since we last saw him.

Litleonid

Please be at least 3 on 3 or even a Double Battle.
My hope is a double battle. I wanna see Raihan using his weather based tactics he's known for. We know Lucario is probably gonna be used....which means people will inevitably complain :rolleyes: Seeing Ash use Dragonite though alongside Lucario would be pretty cool.

diakyu

Eh if anything Dragonite and Lucario deserve a little spotlight now, especially Dragonite. I expect Lucario focus though since this is right after a big Lucario training ep

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
If it is a Double Battle I’d like for Ash to use Lucario & Dragonite:

Lucario Duraludon
VS
Dragonite Flygon

Flygon can be the aerial Pokemon for Raihan since Ash is using one too. It can also set up Sandstorm since Raihan is a weather-based battler alongside using Dragons. But for the love of Arceus, do not have one Pokemon faint from Ash’s side(hated Ash VS Olivia for that reason). Have both get a win. If that’s not possible, then a 3 VS 3.

Pikachu, Lucario, Dragonite VS Gigalith, Flygon, Duraludon.

Godchu can get some damage in but ultimately won’t get a single win. Mega Lucario will take down both Gigalith & Flygon & lose to Duraludon(while taking some of its Gigantamax duration) Dragonite will come in & defeat Duraludon. DO NOT have Lucario defeat Raihan’s Ace(unless we get the Double Battle
situation). Due to its focus in the previous episode, I decided to give it 2 wins, to justify that focus.

Hopefully Ash will just narrowly win, which will finally make him rely on his strongest reserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.