• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 6th: PM2019 109 - VS Kibana! A Fight with Masters Eight on the Line!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

STICKTOPIA

I listened to the special preview dialogue more closely, and though I don’t speak Japanese fluently, they do say “Kohn season saigo no iri kaisen” (this is an ear-to-text translation so it may not be spelled accurately). I know enough Japanese to know this roughly translates to this: “This season’s final enrollment match.”

If my translation is accurate, no way that Ash loses. It’s a win-and-in match for the last spot. It also probably means this is the last match of the WCS’ regular season.
Then maybe that’s why Raihan punches the wall

deliaketchum

If this is the last chance to enter master 8, then it will definitly be tournment style matches. My predictions for final 8 before tournament starts are:
1 Leon
2 Lance
3 Cynthia
4 Diantha
5 Steven
6 Paul
7 Ash (after defeating raihan)
8 Iris (already knocked flint, thats why raihan got moved to 8 offscreen)

Quarter Matches:
Iris Vs Lance, Ash Vs Cynthia, Paul Vs Steven, Diantha Vs Leon

Semi final
Ash Vs Paul, Iris Vs Leon

Final
Ash Vs Leon

Sham

The Guardian of War
Imagine them prepping Cynthia up this whole time as the strongest Champion and she’s gonna get owned by Pokémon who was seen getting less training than his DP team.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Imagine them preparing Cynthia up this whole time as the strongest Champion and she’s gonna get owned by Pokémon who was seen getting less training than his DP team.
Except she is not the strongest Champion in the anime as it has been made clear that Leon is the strongest Champion in the PWC hence why he is ranked number 1.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Did you not see me say “prepping” as in since DP? What generation was Leon introduced in?

by this logic wouldn't that be implicating Iris and Diantha are stronger than Leon considering they were introduced in earlier gens as well?

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
What does that have to do with this match? The final Masters 8 tournament hasn't started yet.
It has everything to do with the entire PWC as a whole. The reserves should’ve been filtered in throughout, assisting with the training of the new team members and battling alongside them to get to where we are now.. and if not before, then this is definitely where we should see them beginning to filter in.. This is the entry into the Masters 8; these trainers, including Raihan who is apparently stronger than some E4/champions, are the best 8 PWC competitors in the world. What is essentially a single regional team, should not be enough to take them down.

We should’ve really been seeing reserves filtering in since the battle with Iris.. but ah well, hopefully Paul makes him realise and we see at least a few of them before the end. Think how many we could’ve seen battle if they’d have done it correctly. Kingler could’ve even existed again!

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
We should’ve really been seeing reserves filtering in since the battle with Iris.. but ah well, hopefully Paul makes him realise and we see at least a few of them before the end. Think how many we could’ve seen battle if they’d have done it correctly.

I've said this before, i don't mind but i've prepared myself if they don't show up, because i'd rather them not show up if it means risking becoming cannon fodder to each other or his new guys.

Or just flat out cause complaints like say Infernape.

Kingler could’ve even existed again!

at this point some of Ash's reserves might as well be as dead to the world. Kingler is one of them.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
It just means after this the final 8 are locked in. We don't know who the 7 people Ash will battle besides Lance/Cynthia being most likely.
Either way he will be battling 3 champions only, so we we'll most definitely only see him beat 7 (Gary, Kukui, Iris, Wallace and the three in Masters 8 tournament) out of 10 champions (remaining being Alder and the two champions he doesn't face, most likely Diantha and Steven)

Rikerran

Either way he will be battling 3 champions only, so we we'll most definitely only see him beat 7 (Gary, Kukui, Iris, Wallace and the three in Masters 8 tournament) out of 10 champions (remaining being Alder and the two champions he doesn't face, most likely Diantha and Steven)
Did they imply it's still done like a regular league tournament? For all we know they can battle each other as they move up.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Did they imply it's still done like a regular league tournament? For all we know they can battle each other as they move up.
Ep 13 clearly states at the end of a PWC season we have a knockout tournament of the Masters 8 to crown the world champion
Since this match is meant to end the PWC season, I don't see how the next thing is anything but a tournament. I was hoping for more casual masters 8 battles before the tournaments but that hope is gone after this new revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.