• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 6th: PM2019 109 - VS Kibana! A Fight with Masters Eight on the Line!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feelitstill23

The way I'm seeing this is:

Dragonite vs. Flygon: Dragonite tries its best, but gets caught of card by the sandstorm.
Gengar vs. Flygon: Gengar Gmax's and manages to remove the sandstorm with MaxHailstorm, this catches Flygon off guard and Gengar knocks it out.
Gengar vs. Goodra: Goodra rids itself of Hail by using RainDance. Manages to KO Gengar.
Lucario vs. Goodra: Lucario picks up the win.
Lucario vs. Duraludon: SteelBeam vs. SteelBeam into GigaAuraSphere. Lucario wins.

That being said, is there still the option that Ash switches Dragonite out of its match-up with Flygon - and sends it back out vs. Goodra? Meaning that we could get:
- Dragonite v. Flygon: swap.
- Gengar v. Flygon: Gengar
- Gengar v. Goodra: Goodra
- Dragonite v. Goodra: Dragonite
- Dragonite v. Duraludon: Duraludon
- Lucario v. Duraludon: Lucario

Hurricane is historically a Rain-team move.. so Dragonite v. Goodra could reference that?
that's weird i thought mega lucario was appearing.

diakyu

He'll probably just ask Ash to carry out his dream of defeating Leon once he is out of the Master Class. That's what he essentially does to the player in the SWSH games
Oh cool, another callback to XY where that kid asked Ash to win it all on his behalf!

Uh oh

D

Deleted member 384931

So what is the point of Flint if Raihan is number eight again? Did Raihan lose to Leon again and got kicked out? Then beat Flint in a Master Promotion match and kicked Flint out the M8?

I just dont feel Ash vs Raihan. I cant help it.
Besides why is Bea the only one who got a two parter 3vs3, while Volkner and Raihan have to be satisfying with a single 3vs3 episode?

Decidueye23

So what is the point of Flint if Raihan is number eight again? Did Raihan lose to Leon again and got kicked out? Then beat Flint in a Master Promotion match and kicked Flint out the M8?

Besides why is Bea the only one who got a two parter 3vs3, while Volkner and Raihan have to be satisfying with a single 3vs3 episode?
DP promotion.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master

I feel like the point was that Leon had to battle (and defeat) someone who was considered strong. Battling another Champion could be somewhat vague as the battle wouldn't have enough importance/attention on the episode. Battling a Gym Leader that isn't Raihan, could make it look somewhat an easy battle. Battling Raihan is too important for a quick battle. So an E4 member would be the middle ground. And with the DP and LA around, Flint would be the best choice. He is more popular than the other Sinnoh E4 and could bring some hype. In my perspective that is the reason.

Megapixel

oh, long time no see you here.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
We literally see a seen during the sandstorm where Ash’s is down a Pokémon which this would mean that Flygon had defeated one of Ash’s Pokémon.

There was a questionmark in there somewhere. I haven't analyzed the trailers/previewpics to death..

DayQuil95

We see that during both Vs Flygon and Vs Goodra one of Ash's team members is knocked out, really curious about who it could be, given both Gengar and Dragonite are having trouble against Flygon, and they clearly chose not to show who's fighting Goodra through the previews for this very reason. And at one point in the trailer we see something that looks like G-Max Starfall since Draco Meteor has a different anime animation to that, so what I predict could happen in the beginning is:
Dragonite is sent against Flygon - Dragonite loses.
Gengar is sent against Flygon - Ash G-Maxes Gengar to get rid of the Sandstorm and then Gengar beats it.

DayQuil95

The way I'm seeing this is:

Dragonite vs. Flygon: Dragonite tries its best, but gets caught of card by the sandstorm.
Gengar vs. Flygon: Gengar Gmax's and manages to remove the sandstorm with MaxHailstorm, this catches Flygon off guard and Gengar knocks it out.
Gengar vs. Goodra: Goodra rids itself of Hail by using RainDance. Manages to KO Gengar.
Lucario vs. Goodra: Lucario picks up the win.
Lucario vs. Duraludon: SteelBeam vs. SteelBeam into GigaAuraSphere. Lucario wins.

That being said, is there still the option that Ash switches Dragonite out of its match-up with Flygon - and sends it back out vs. Goodra? Meaning that we could get:
- Dragonite v. Flygon: swap.
- Gengar v. Flygon: Gengar
- Gengar v. Goodra: Goodra
- Dragonite v. Goodra: Dragonite
- Dragonite v. Duraludon: Duraludon
- Lucario v. Duraludon: Lucario

Hurricane is historically a Rain-team move.. so Dragonite v. Goodra could reference that?
Nvm someone has already said it lol, but yeah, basically what you said in the first case is what I'm expecting to happen here.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Honestly kinda surprised that Ash isn’t knocking Flint out. It fits more canonically with DP and their soft rivalry. Why is Rihan being thrown out with no chance to battle Leon in the tournament despite the hype?

Sham

The Guardian of War
Imagine being at school for a normal boring day when instead you could witness probably the biggest sporting event live with one of your own friends participating in it :v
Narrative wise we don’t know why she’s missing it. Part of being a student means you make sacrifices.

What if she had a really big assignment? I don’t think her being in school rather than playing hooky says anything about their friendship

How many Contests have Ash willingly missed of May’s? Plus she was really happy for him in the recent episode and brought up him some lunch since she knew he was training hard.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Narrative wise we don’t know why she’s missing it. Part of being a student means you make sacrifices.

What if she had a really big assignment? I don’t think her being in school rather than playing hooky says anything about their friendship

How many Contests have Ash willingly missed of May’s? Plus she was really happy for him in the recent episode and brought up him some lunch since she knew he was training hard.
Oh Im not claiming Chloe isnt being a good friend lol, just making fun of the notion that being at school would be more fun then being in the stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.