• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 6th: PM2019 109 - VS Kibana! A Fight with Masters Eight on the Line!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Also don’t they have DVR in the anime universe since they have iPhones now? She’ll watch it later

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
Honestly Koharu could probably convince the teacher to let them watch during class, as a learning experience somehow. Since I grew up in a Portuguese area, that was the excuse teachers used to let us watch the World Cup every year.

Though it's not like an education is any good in the Pokemon world. It's not like she's ever going to grow up and move onto the next grade.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I remember a few times in high school where we basically had all-school field trips because the basketball team went to state.

So Chloe getting out of class to watch Ash battle Raihan isn’t that farfetch’d

Sham

Um forget that. Bea, Korrina and Iris are Ash’s friends and are even in the PWC and battled him. Why aren’t they cheering him on?

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Um forget that. Bea, Korrina and Iris are Ash’s friends and are even in the PWC and battled him. Why aren’t they cheering him on?
That’s like asking why gym leaders don’t go into each other’s gyms to cheer each other on. They’re all connected in a way, but they’ve also got their own stuff to do.. We may get a shot of them watching his later matches, Bea especially since she so desperately wanted to battle Leon, but they don’t need to be there physically..

Sham

That’s like asking why gym leaders don’t go into each other’s gyms to cheer each other on. They’re all connected in a way, but they’ve also got their own stuff to do.. We may get a shot of them watching his later matches, Bea especially since she so desperately wanted to battle Leon, but they don’t need to be there physically..
How is that the same thing when we don’t know the relationship between these Gym Leaders personally? And the chances of getting in the Master Class are currently closed. How many battles would Bea be focused on? Gym Leaders do not know when they’re getting challengers and thus have to stay around the areas unless the occasional vacationing.

Who’s running the Gym’s if they all go and attend every single match?

Your point about them just watching it later is okay and probably true but that Gym Leader comparison is out the park.

They're in the PWC themselves. They've got their own battles to worry about

Right but Korrina came when Ash was battling Bea…and wouldn’t it depend if Iris and Bea were scheduled? It could be the case though.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
What does that have to do with Koharu though

Ash is the one that has to fight Leon's evil exes in order to win a date with him
Idk man skipping class one day to see a world champion Match esp when you know the celebrity sounds like a TREAT, imagine missing out on the fun for a normal boring day of school which by skipping you won't even miss much

Blood Red

【推しの子】
tbh I do see why Koharu chooses to skip these matches. Despite what the show wants us to assume, Ash and Koharu aren't good enough friends (at least, from Koharu's viewpoint) for her to drop everything and fly to another country to support Ash in one of his matches; especially when it's not even the finals. Unlike Ash (who isn't even enrolled in any school right now) and Goh (who's so invested in his Pokémon career that he got approval to not attend at all), Koharu is still undecided on what she wants to do, and needs to stay in school to keep her options open.

Kinda sucks for those who want Ash and Koharu to have more of a believable friendship, but it is what it is.

Sham

I really don't believe that Chloe and Ash don't have a strong friendship. She's clearly opened up to Ash and she even was extremely happy for him getting into the Masters almost and decided to bring him lunch as a reward for working so hard. She jokes with Dawn about having a friend "who's Pokemon obsessed". Even got annoyed with him when he made training Parker's friend Pokemon about battling. Obviously Goh AND Ash have had a positive effect on her (she still remained aloof despite knowing Goh all of this time) and now she's stepped out of her shell and became more engaging. There are friendships where people aren't always up each others well.. you know but still retain a closeness with each other. Ash doesn't revolve around Chloe's universe but she still is close with him.

I think it's because Chloe doesn't go around like "Ash inspired me to eat breakfast today!" that people don't believe she's his good buddy but that's just because people base characters on here how they interact with Ash and their relationship rather than the person themselves. Chloe isn't big on being overly dependent on a person but she still thinks highly of Ash and their relationship.

Feelitstill23

the reason i don’t see ash losing anymore battles is because, i don’t see what he would gain from that.

ash lost to bea and got disappointed, they never showed the training until episode 39. ash lost two PWC/WCS battles in episode 36 fell back into the normal class.

in episode 39 he got back in offscreen into the great class. only a small part of training was shown being at the beginning, his rank didn’t change when he tied with bea.

in episode 51 ash's rank risen to 415 offscreen, he trained with his pokémon (except dracovish).

if ash loses more battles. the writers would probably have him win offscreen and either show small parts of training or none at all. so that’s why i don’t see ash losing, plus what would be the point if like i said he would just climb up offscreen and probably be further than before

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Lets face the facts. Journeys will come to an end before the Gen9-animé series kicks off. Whether or not it will be a continuation or not - the storylines from this series will have concluded early November at the latest. This means the current PWC-arc and Goh's Project Mew whatever will need to resolve in a set amount of episodes.

Meaning we only have June, July, August, September and October left. 5 months to wrap this trainwreck up. That's maybe 25 episodes left at best? If Ash is going to have 3 Master8 fights, then I'm assuming at least 3 for Leon, 2 for Cynthia, 1 Haxorus gets lost at the League and 1/2 for whoever gets the unlucky quarterfinal match-up. That's 18 episodes left for ProjectMew, whatever they want for Koharu (don't remember the spelling for the English name).

Meaning they might have room for an extra 4episode arc, but it's pretty darn clear that Raihan is going down here..

BlueDragonfangirl

Lets face the facts. Journeys will come to an end before the Gen9-animé series kicks off. Whether or not it will be a continuation or not - the storylines from this series will have concluded early November at the latest. This means the current PWC-arc and Goh's Project Mew whatever will need to resolve in a set amount of episodes.

Meaning we only have June, July, August, September and October left. 5 months to wrap this trainwreck up. That's maybe 25 episodes left at best? If Ash is going to have 3 Master8 fights, then I'm assuming at least 3 for Leon, 2 for Cynthia, 1 Haxorus gets lost at the League and 1/2 for whoever gets the unlucky quarterfinal match-up. That's 18 episodes left for ProjectMew, whatever they want for Koharu (don't remember the spelling for the English name).

Meaning they might have room for an extra 4episode arc, but it's pretty darn clear that Raihan is going down here..
I’m still dam confused about what they have in mind for endgame of Koharu LOL. What are they going with here?

DuskAstral

This means the current PWC-arc and Goh's Project Mew whatever will need to resolve in a set amount of episodes.
While I agree on Project Mew, I don't believe the PWC thread will be deleted later. I think it is perfect to keep it for the next series.

Status
Not open for further replies.