• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 7th: PM2019 065 - Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Hearing how this episode seems go, it worrys me for gary, i really dont want them to just pretend hes now a battle guy and drop the whole "his goal is to be a poke professor now" i really dont want them to mess with garys growth.
I mean, Kukui was literally a professor, the Masked Royal and the final boss of the Alola League.. Gary competing in the PWC doesn't take away from his research in the slightest..

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Based on things until now, Iris' Dragonite has a advantage over Ash's, because not only Iris' Dragonite had a better move-set (unless they change its battle move-set in this episode), it was also a battle-junkie type and has more experience in battles (both prior and after Iris getting it).

Assuming neither one gets their moveset's changed before the episode.

iris' Dragonite
Dragon Rush
Thunder Punch
Ice Beam
Flamethrower

Ash's Dragonite
Dragon Claw
Dragon Dance
Hurricane
Hyper Beam

Both of them each have three attack moves to work with going off this since Flamethrower is resisted by Dragon's, and Ash's has Dragon Dance which makes up more of a difference since it increases speed and attack power and can make it harder for Iris' to hit with her attacks.

so it's still an even fight as far as i'm concerned.

I mean, Kukui was literally a professor, the Masked Royal and the final boss of the Alola League.. Gary competing in the PWC doesn't take away from his research in the slightest..

Thing is Kakui was able to balance his life style, Gary on the other hand made the choice to become a researcher more over being a trainer(which if I recall was a plot point in the Aerodactyl Chronicle episode, as he himself questioned if he should've stayed as a trainer), and you could tell that him doing so effected his battling skills as Hunter J's grunts were able to beat down his Blastoise with a Golbat, and Saturn pretty much destroyed his Electivire and Umbreon.

I've got nothing wrong with Gary being in the PWC mind you, but i'm just hoping he didn't completely abandon his researcher goal and if he did they better give a good reason for it.

I'm at least hoping it's not jealousy that was the driving factor.

Master Pikachu 11

This sounds like it's going to be a classic Pokemon Journeys case of being extremely rushed because they insist on the one-shot formula and will try to cram the entire battle into half an episode so then Goh can go catch a stunfisk with a heart pattern on its butt in the next episode.
As sad and true as this is, it will also be rushed because they will dedicate a few seconds to Goh trying to get a unova pokemon that he will just leave at the lab in the next episode.
Why is that? The fact that everyone has left so far does not mean that this will also be the case here. On top of that, Gou wants to catch all the Pokémon, and the easiest way to do this is when you leave him permanently, and you can't forget that he also promotes "Pokémon Go"
I still have my doubts that he will continue to be in this series and that they will just continue to use the world tour while most of the pokemon in all regions will already get promoted so I don’t see the point of all of a sudden adding a Gen 9 region out of the blue just so they can continue to promote pokemon go.

thor94

Based on things until now, Iris' Dragonite has a advantage over Ash's, because not only Iris' Dragonite had a better move-set (unless they change its battle move-set in this episode), it was also a battle-junkie type and has more experience in battles (both prior and after Iris getting it).
Its means nothing, don't forget we are in the anime, a pokeverse were a fresh lv5 starter owned by a newbie trainer for less than 5minutes can beat a lv1000 pikachu (with the huge gap of experience, lack of electric moves is not an excuse).
But hope ash will win (he need revenge for all the humiliating losses he faced in unova region)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Its means nothing, don't forget we are in the anime, a pokeverse were a fresh lv5 starter owned by a newbie trainer for less than 5minutes can beat a lv1000 pikachu (with the huge gap of experience, lack of electric moves is not an excuse).
But hope ash will win (he need revenge for all the humiliating losses he faced in unova region)

Zekrom did more to Pikachu than take it's electricity away, it clearly struggled early on in unova as a result.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
If she askes, he'll probably just say "I have other dragons too". And leave it at that.
Too bad two of them were absolutely useless and one of those useless dragons is no longer with him lulz.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Too bad two of them were absolutely useless and one of those useless dragons is no longer with him lulz.

Noivern at least removed a Salamence from battle.
Goodra won Ash the Lumiose Gym Badge and removed a Fairy-type from battle, lost to a 1HKO-move.

Yes, they never did get the chance to rake in wins, but that's mostly because we never did get to see them do much. Noivern could've gotten wins in battles during the earlier rounds for example.

Jibanyan said:

it is too much to hope for Ash to mention he got Goodra, Noivern and Naganadel?

And can only really call on Noivern.. The kid hasn't even mentioned to her that he had a Gible iirc.

Aren't Goodra and Naganadel released? I mean, for starters Ash can't call on Naganadel, because he can't get into UltraSpace.

PsychoLogical

And can only really call on Noivern.. The kid hasn't even mentioned to her that he had a Gible iirc.

Aren't Goodra and Naganadel released? I mean, for starters Ash can't call on Naganadel, because he can't get into UltraSpace.
Goodra is technically "de-facto" released as he still has his pokeball and just lives at the swamp while Naganadel is also the same as he still has its ball but is technically fully released as its now in Ultra Space and no longer around or accessible unless he goes there himself or another Ultra Hole opens.

ShadowForce720

Noivern at least removed a Salamence from battle.
Goodra won Ash the Lumiose Gym Badge and removed a Fairy-type from battle, lost to a 1HKO-move.

Yes, they never did get the chance to rake in wins, but that's mostly because we never did get to see them do much. Noivern could've gotten wins in battles during the earlier rounds for example.

Nope, when it comes to Goodra it’s just staying at it’s swamp but there is a caretaker there that Ash can contact if he wants to use Goodra.

As for Naganadel while it is in Ultra Space if Ash’s really wants to use it he can just get in contact with the Aether Paradise/Rotom Dex who are trying to explore it or he can just get Nebby to take him to Naganadel.

Alternatively neither Nebby nor Aether Paradise would have a problem relaying Ash’s message to Naganadel who would have no problem coming back if it knows Ash needs it.

Goodra is technically "de-facto" released as he still has his pokeball while Naganadel is also the same as he still has its ball but is technically fully released as its now in Ultra Space and no longer around or accessible.
Goodra’s swamp has a caretaker that Ash’s could easily get in contact with if he needs Goodra. As for Naganadel, Ash can just contact Aether Foundation/Rotom or he can just tell Nebby that he needs to get in contact with Naganadel.

Either one would be willing to even relay a Ash’s message to Naganadel who would be willing to return if Ash needs it.

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

Yea but Iris’ Dragonite unlike Ash’s, got its ass kicked a lot so who knows

Maybe Ash’s Dragonite being from a literal island of Dragonites gives it a powerup

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
it is too much to hope for Ash to mention he got Goodra, Noivern and Naganadel?
It is.

It's really funny considering that even if Iris got a new dragon to complete a set of six, Ash would still have beaten her in the amount of dragons:

Iris - Dragonite, Axew (Haxorus?), Gible and hypothetical new dragon
Ash - Dragonite, Gible, Goodra, Noivern, Naganadel. Number can increase if they ever throw a curveball and Ash gets to mega evolve his Charizard into X-zard.

PsychoLogical

It is.

It's really funny considering that even if Iris got a new dragon to complete a set of six, Ash would still have beaten her in the amount of dragons:

Iris - Dragonite, Axew (Haxorus?), Gible and hypothetical new dragon
Ash - Dragonite, Gible, Goodra, Noivern, Naganadel. Number can increase if they ever throw a curveball and Ash gets to mega evolve his Charizard into X-zard.
Damn, shame Dracovish is forgotten which makes this 6 in total (as of now) but alas lmao.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Nope, when it comes to Goodra it’s just staying at it’s swamp but there is a caretaker there that Ash can contact if he wants to use Goodra.

As for Naganadel while it is in Ultra Space if Ash’s really wants to use it he can just get in contact with the Aether Paradise/Rotom Dex who are trying to explore it or he can just get Nebby to take him to Naganadel.

Alternatively neither Nebby nor Aether Paradise would have a problem relaying Ash’s message to Naganadel who would have no problem coming back if it knows Ash needs it.

Goodra’s swamp has a caretaker that Ash’s could easily get in contact with if he needs Goodra. As for Naganadel, Ash can just contact Aether Foundation/Rotom or he can just tell Nebby that he needs to get in contact with Naganadel.

Either one would be willing to even relay a Ash’s message to Naganadel who would be willing to return if Ash needs it.

Is it just me, or is 'contacting Nebby' just as unlikely as 'contacting Naganadel'? Can be wrong, but doesn't Nebby reside in UltraSpace as well?

ShadowForce720

Is it just me, or is 'contacting Nebby' just as unlikely as 'contacting Naganadel'? Can be wrong, but doesn't Nebby reside in UltraSpace as well?
Nebby travels around, I mean heck it had no problem stopping buy to hangout with Ash for a bit towards the end of Sun and Moon when Ash was getting ready to leave. Plus there is also still the Aether Foundation/Rotom Dex that are researching and exploring Ultra Space.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Not this again.... he's leaving.
They've changed the storytelling formula to make it adapt to new pokemon and regions appearing out of nowhere, so they can keep Go around for as long as they need to

"There's weird things happening in the Offscreenuntilitwasneeded Region. Go there and look around for a plot to get involved in for the next 200 episodes during which you will be in Kanto for 90% of them."

mystreon

the elder eevee
I think the point being made is that the person thinks that Gary battling in the PWC is a distraction from his own personal goal, becoming a professor. I mean trying to get a high ranking in the PWC apparently takes effort and time. How much time you have in a day is limited, so having to spend a precious resource like time in something other then your own goal would apparently be a distraction?
Basically this and the fact i just feel they may bastardize his growth and personality for the sake of nostalgia, i dont want garys growth erased!

Status
Not open for further replies.