• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 7th: PM2019 065 - Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenzeyEevee

I want to scream and shout and let it all out
We have only been talking about who wins and who loses. Shouldnt we talk about the battle itself?

Sham

Brilliant Dawn
isn't she a dragon master already? I mean a 'champion' is the end of the line for any trainer.
I think the blurb still says she's aims to be one. I remember when Aoi said pay attention to Iris' development this episode and people thought she was just being facetious but she actually was dead serious.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Ppl should be happy regardless of the outcome of the episode. Cause who knows When we will see her again outside Journeys?

the problem is the battles potential outcome has overidden this so much, I wanted to enjoy Iris return, but now i can't do that because of people being so intense about the how the battle goes down more than anything.

We have only been talking about who wins and who loses. Shouldnt we talk about the battle itself?

kind of hard to do until the episode airs though.

Morax

Sniper king
I think the blurb still says she's anime to be one. I remember when Aoi said pay attention to Iris' development this episode and people thought she was just being facetious but she actually was dead serious.
So she must be a dragon master now

mehmeh1

Knight of the Sea!
Anyway I have a question for y'all. Now that she's officially Champion do you think she's Ash's former companion who got the closest to their goal? I know Dawn and Serena are contenders but I think being Champion is pretty high up in being a Dragon Master since she idolized Cynthia with her Garchomp.
Tbh I'd kinda still give it to Dawn because she was literally a sliver away from her goal. Unless being a champion does mean she became a dragon master

Sham

Brilliant Dawn
So she must be a dragon master now

Tbh I'd kinda still give it to Dawn because she was literally a sliver away from her goal. Unless being a champion does mean she became a dragon master
Idk the summary still says " Iris had set off on a training journey together with her partner Pokémon Axew, aiming to become Dragon Master, but it appears she has now returned to the Unova region" so I'm assuming not but it could just be past tense prior to this episode.

Morax

Sniper king
Idk the summary still says " Iris had set off on a training journey together with her partner Pokémon Axew, aiming to become Dragon Master, but it appears she has now returned to the Unova region" so I'm assuming not but it could just be past tense prior to this episode.
I mean making her a champion is the farthest they can take her towards her goal. A 'dragon master' doesn't exist, just like a water master or a pokemon master, the closest to that is a champion.

Spyro39

I think the blurb still says she's aims to be one. I remember when Aoi said pay attention to Iris' development this episode and people thought she was just being facetious but she actually was dead serious.
Taking away what Aoi said, regardless of how the episode turns out, we'll see Iris making strides in development towards her character and goal, offscreen or onscreen.

If that's true who's the current dragon master?
Drayden. He's considered to be a Dragon Master in the anime.

Decidueye23

Second, the Deino line isn’t marketable
Hydreigon ranked 3rd in the Unovan Popularity poll so not sure how its not marketable.
and usually the companions besides Misty aren’t overly spammed with Pokemon from their own region.
Dawn: Am i a joke to you?

Ash’s issue is that he dumps his team on Oak’s farm all the time. He doesn’t know how to max out the potential in the captures he already owns. So many of his Pokémon are just wasting away. That’s why so many of them leave him. His commitment is only to Pikachu.

Imagine Greninja with its skill wasting its life with Oak waiting to be called by Ash. It knew better.
Now that is simply the marketing curse. They neee ash to head off to a new region and markwt new pokemon. And honestly its more exciting to see ash build new relationships with pokemon rather than spamming just a select few.

Guys, really?
Ash also became a champion, he defeated Kukui who was at the Elite Four level, and at the latest lost 3 times in a row, all because of Bea. Then he then lost to the Gallade trainer.

So no wonder if Iris mentioned that she recently won the Unova Championship, maybe in the league, but rather as young she might be losing a fight as well.
Being the champion of a given region does not mean that you can win all the time - here's the reason: Raihan, who was ranked 7th in the world ranking, is a gym leader and not a champion of some other region.
Ash won a league. Iris took it a step further.

Oh and Kukui is E4 level? I guess I missed that line of dialogue. In which episode was that stated? Or are you making things up?

Status
Not open for further replies.