• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 7th: PM2019 065 - Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decidueye23

Gen 8 seems to be 4 years as its unlikely we get gen 9 next year with DP remakes this year, DLC stuff last year and Legends Arceus next year

Im really glad they brought back Iris's power to sense dragon type mons, good continuity. Really want to know whether its 2v2, 1v1, or 3v3. Imagine if the next episode is a continuation of this lol and we get a 4v4 or even 6v6 :p
Now way wouodnt they hype up the two parter if it was a two parter. I feel like a 2v2 is the best we can expect. Hopefully hyperclass means 3v3s but then they wont be able to put in any goh catchibg in those epispdes

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I'm curious if Pikachu gets the nod if this is a 2 v 2 or if for keeping with the theme of this battle, Dracovish makes its debut

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I'm curious if Pikachu gets the nod if this is a 2 v 2 or if for keeping with the theme of this battle, Dracovish makes its debut

As long as they don't repeat Pikachu vs. Excadrill I'm fine. Aside from Golurk/Runerigus, Excadrill is possibly the worst match-up Pikachu could fase.

charinija

Pokemon Master
I guess it will be a war like the war between Charizard and Dragonite.

This time, Dragonite will do Ash's Charizard task.

I think Ash's Dragonite is overpowered. He just beat mega in his first game.

My theory is this:

I think Iris will be impressed by Ash's Dragonite.

And I think Ash can leave Dragonite to Iris for training.

Iris can make Ash's Dragonite much more powerful like Charizard.

I think Ash will leave his Dragonite to Iris for training, instead he will buy another Psedu legenndary.

It could be Tyranitar or Dragapult.

Morax

King of heroes
It’s a shame that Iris was the last battle oriented girl in the series. I’m hoping if Chloe does watches it inspires her to train and battle with more Pokémon tbh
Battle oriented girls are overrated. We need more yamato nadeshiko !!

charinija

Pokemon Master
Hope Ash wins to be fair.
Normally, it makes more sense for Iris to win. Iris's Axew will be enhanced and evolved . Gible will likely improve as well. Dragonite will now be much stronger.

Dragonite in Ash's hand is inexperienced. We don't even know what attacks Dracovish can do.

I think Iris will win. Ash's Dragonite is very powerful but inexperienced.

If Ash doesn't use Pikachu or Lucario, he shouldn't win.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
Normally, it makes more sense for Iris to win. Iris's Axew will be enhanced and evolved . Gible will likely improve as well. Dragonite will now be much stronger.

Dragonite in Ash's hand is inexperienced. We don't even know what attacks Dracovish can do.

I think Iris will win. Ash's Dragonite is very powerful but inexperienced.

If Ash doesn't use Pikachu or Lucario, he shouldn't win.
Makes Sense, I guess. I just think that while Iris has grown so has Ash as well. I'm very conflicted on who should win actually. Ash has been through 2 Regions and arguably developed more in those 2 Regions than he ever did in the 5 Regions he actually went before to, overall. Though his PM2019 Team is very inexperienced and they haven't battled that much, so Iris really should win, if we are looking at this in a Pokemon-Way Sense. Though I think it's much likely the Writers will make Ash win here, since they made Dragonite win against Korrina's Mega Lucario (it certainly shouldn't have) and PM2019 doesn't care about Logic, Pokemon Development or just Ash as a character in general.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Makes Sense, I guess. I just think that while Iris has grown so has Ash as well. I'm very conflicted on who should win actually. Ash has been through 2 Regions and arguably developed more in those 2 Regions than he ever did in the 5 Regions he actually went before to, overall. Though his PM2019 Team is very inexperienced and they haven't battled that much, so Iris really should win, if we are looking at this in a Pokemon-Way Sense. Though I think it's much likely the Writers will make Ash win here, since they made Dragonite win against Korrina's Mega Lucario (it certainly shouldn't have) and PM2019 doesn't care about Logic, Pokemon Development or just Ash as a character in general.
Ash has definitely matured and grown, I agree.

But Ash starts out with new pokemons in every region he goes to. Iris probably continues with the same pokemons.

I think it's impossible for Iris to win in a 6v6 battle.

But after BW, 3 series passed. We haven't seen it, but probably Iris was with Axew in the 3 series.

Haxorus must be much more experienced and powerful.

But this logic does not exist in the anime. Dragonite defeated Mega Lucario in his first battle.

So I wouldn't be surprised if Ash wins.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I mean while we say his pokemon are inexperienced, we don‘t actually know because of most of his ranking battles are in off screen land.

Status
Not open for further replies.