• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 7th: PM2019 065 - Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This hardly applies to Alola as she is newly formed. It seems to me that the winner of the first league becomes a champion from the slot machine, and only the winners of the next leagues must take part in the Champions league to take over the title
With respect, but it doesn't really matter what 'it seems to you'. Alola simply hasn't established an Elite 4 and regional Champion yet.

It's never been stated that Ash automatically got a similar position and title as Cynthia.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
It should be remembered that Riolu drew with Grapploct thanks to a strategy devised by Ash

Besides, that doesn't prove anything ... We still don't know if Sirfertch'd can defeat two Grapploct

I repeat, it is not proven that Bea use Grapploct to defeat Korrina
Yes and Grapploct sparred with Chuck's Poliwrath and was hurt by Pikachu's Thunderbolt. I never said Riolu = Grapploct. Riolu is weaker but still pretty strong especially how Bea > Korrina. I don't think Grapploct can beat Mega Lucario but it's kinda close to him. Riolu is stronger than Korrina's Base Lucario.
As of what we have seen he obviously get stronger but we don't know much, I doubt he's on level of Dragonite let alone Lucario. Dragonite is still pseudo and Lucario is still an ace. I know Sirfetch'd got several episodes but now Sirfetch'd will fall into obscurity.

That'd be even worse since Grapploct is her ace. Imagine if Bea's 2 weaker Pokemon beat Korinna's Mega Lucario and Mienshao. So, I would say she used Grapploct and one more Pokemon.
I don't think we should put that much credit on it KOing Rose's Pokémon compared to Korrina. Everything in that episode was rushed to reach the conclusion of the Darkest Day arc. Because why would they have Lucario struggle against Poison-type Pokémon he's immune to. Plus remember, he was in a double battle with Pikachu and Ash made Rose's Pokémon attack each other. It's basically like KOing two of TR's gatchamons to get on with the story.

We need to see Lucario in an actual battle. Right now, I don't think he's stronger than Korrina's Mega Lucario which we know Dragonite is. Even when we saw the team training together, Dragonite was fending off Lucario's punches.
Why not? Rose's Pokemon gave trouble to Pikachu and Riolu. Let's not use Pikachu in this. Riolu did great against Grapploct ( sure not stronger than Grapploct) but did amazing. Riolu when evolved in Lucario obviously had upperhand in that fight against Rose's Pokemon. So, Lucario is above them, so Lucario is above Grapploct. Grapploct is close to Mega Lucario.
Yeah but still it's in struggle and not struggle. Riolu struggled, while Lucario didn't.
Lucario is stronger than Mega Lucario because of that Rose fight, because both Rose's Pokemon are around Grapploct level maybe even stronger.

That was training which is not real fight we have seen Poliwrath did same with Grapploct yet Grapploct is obviously stronger.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Nah, Iris needs to lose and go. I can't stand a character that keep underestimating Ash when clearly he is stronger than her. Had Ash gone to Unova with his Sinnoh experience and team, Iris would think twice about calling him a kid.
Not that his achievements have stopped Misty from teasing him about the pity badges he got from her and Brock.

DuskAstral

Nah, Iris needs to lose and go.
In my opinion, Iris has a good chance of winning. Her Dragonite should be stronger than Satoshi's, as he has been with her longer (so it's possible he has developed a lot since then). And assuming the battle will be 2v2, I don't believe an untrained Dracovish will be able to defeat the potential Haxorus Iris.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Her Dragonite should be stronger than Satoshi's, as he has been with her longer (so it's possible he has developed a lot since then).
We all know its horrible track record and how the extra training didn't help Korrina and her Mega Jackal win against his fresh-out-of-the-non-Mega Evolution-oven dragon.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

In my opinion, Iris has a good chance of winning. Her Dragonite should be stronger than Satoshi's, as he has been with her longer (so it's possible he has developed a lot since then). And assuming the battle will be 2v2, I don't believe an untrained Dracovish will be able to defeat the potential Haxorus Iris.
There is no way of knowing how strong Dracovish currently is and how strong it was when it’s was first revived. The only thing we know about it was that it was able to tear through Pikachu’s Electro Web pretty easily.

Also there is no reason to think that Ash hasn’t trained Dracovish as it’s already been established that Ash does train his Pokémon even though we don’t always see the training.

Just because we haven’t seen Dracovish’s training on screen doesn’t mean it’s untrained or weak.

Plus there is also the factor that Iris may have never heard of Dracovish before and would be unsure of how it fights.

So it is possible and realistic that Dracovish potentially beat Iris’s potential Haxorus and that Ash’s Dragonite could potentially beat Iris’s Dragonite.

You keep saying that Iris’s Dragonite should be stronger then Ash’s since it has been with her longer, however there are more factors that go into deciding who winds up winning a battle other then just strength and experience.

So while it is possible that Iris could wind, at the same time Ash’s Dragonite and Dracovish should not be underestimated.

dman_dustin

Hey I just remembered. Tomioka kept his word. Remember Ash training Riolu and he said next would be Farfetch'd and Dragonite after Bea the next big PWCs were Farfetch'd and now Dragonite.

Stil could've been a coincidence, though.

1. We know Ash trains his Pokemon, Dragonite was sparring with Lucario, so its likely they are all of relative strength even Gengar was doing decent against Pikachu.

2. Iris is garbage at training her Pokemon compared to Ash since Iris prefers to do things at a slow pace or as she puts it "My Pokemon, I'll train them how and when I please" compared to Ash's "Gotta Train To Get Stronger"

3. There's literally no way to know if the Dragonite are built the same. Ash's Dragonite might just be built for battling whereas Iris's Dragonite might not hence the angry attitude to compensate. In other words Ash's Dragonite might benefit more from training/battling than Iris's who may take longer more effort.

4. Skill of trainer must be taken into account and even if Iris has stronger Pokemon, Ash has consistently shown he's a better trainer. Ash could win simply by being the better trainer over Iris having the stronger Pokemon.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
I would love it if Ash lost to her and have to rematch against her in the ultra or master class instead.

Same. I would love it if Iris defeats Ash here and maybe later, they hold a tournament for the top 16/32 trainers of the Hyper Class , where Iris and Ash can have a full battle rematch. (and maybe the winner of this tournament gets to battle the Master #8 for a place in the Master Class).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.