• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 7th: PM2019 065 - Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I mean you kinda went from justifying May to “well it doesn’t really matter anyway because we are talking about Iris”....which is it? The reason she was shown to be competent is because she barely lost lol. And yes I’ve seen both Grand Festivals. She moved up one place than before but never made it to the finals. She tied with Ash despite having the type advantage and even so Iris actually defeated the guy. In conclusion no it’s not more warranted. This is bias. It isn’t being used to deflect criticism; it’s being used to expose bias. Have all the criticism you want but don’t excuse an action you’re condemning in another character. Dragonite was over his disobedience and had a slight slip up in the Claire match but it doesn’t negate the work Iris put to be able to command him. A Dragon Master isn’t solely dependent on how many Dragons you own and if that were the case Misty was a “Water Master” before her debut episode. Iris spent multiple times trying to bond with Dragon Pokémon and challenged multiple Dragon users to improve herself. Like I said if you consider her having a fully evolved Pokémon a “major power up” but have no problem with May popping up with a Glaceon, Warturtle and Venausar then I have nothing for you.
"The reason she was shown to be competent is because she barely lost"
.....yes, that means being competent if you aren't losing. Might be a boring arc which is why I always liked Dawn over May but it's what happened. Considering her progress in her journey I didn't mind seeing her with powerups (I even said it felt too much in my previous post) compared to iris. I NEVER said the amount of dragon type Pokémon matter Jesus, I always agree with and like ur posts when u argue against others who try to make fun of her for not having many dragon mons considering freaking Lance had barely any dragon mons. Half of her team is dragon and that's enough for me. I have no bias, I literally like Iris more than May fyi, I have no negativities against her. YOU are the one who's heavily biased. Like do you really think axew and iris had a good arc and were treated well in BW? Do you really think Dragonite's disobedience shouldn't have been solved in the saga? That's why I say her dragon master goal was poorly developed in BW because the dragons she had were these 2 and they didn't get the development they deserved. So yea from this to her coming back with her champion clothes, having a full Haxorus, obedient dragonite and probably more IS a powerup just like Ash's dragonite being OP without much onscreen training or his dracovish being semi competent without much onscreen training. Trying to deflect that by comparing it with May although it doesn't matter in this context makes no sense to me. Plus my original point was refuting the fact "Ash doesn't deserve to win", not this whole spin this debate has taken. Trying to accuse anyone of bias even if they like iris if they don't agree with your viewpoint is just..... As iris would say, acting like a kid :p
I LOVE THIS SM! I always wanted to see her in these clothes and I'm really glad they kept it from us in the OP to reveal it here (although wish it wasn't spoiled before the episode but alas), she looks so beautiful here <3
Also Pikachu and her are so cuteeee, I love this sm

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I love that they’re consistent with the “Pikachu jumps to and greets returning companion” trend. It’s cute.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。

Such a pleasant sight to see. The only female companion of Ash's that I always was looking forward to hear more about her post-BW story. If she indeed became the Champion, that's one down from the anime bucket list:

Now that Ash is the Champion of Alola, I'd personally very much would love to see a meet-up with Iris who now completed her quest to become a Dragon Master and is the Unova Champion.

Wishful thinking, but the only way I'd ever accept Iris' return. Writers should give her character a bit justice after all the failures we've seen from her. I wouldn't say no to a Dragonite vs. Dragonite challenge either.

nickdt

Iris is literally the strongest companion now bar Goh. Absolutely epic.

I doubt it, i think the strongest companion is still gonna be Brock because he has his Mega Steelix and despite not being an active battler anymore (Which Iris is), he still destroyed Kiawe and Steelix tanked Z-Move Inferno Overdrive while being at a type disadvantage

Status
Not open for further replies.