• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

May 7th: PM2019 065 - Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds like it's going to be a classic Pokemon Journeys case of being extremely rushed because they insist on the one-shot formula and will try to cram the entire battle into half an episode so then Goh can go catch a stunfisk with a heart pattern on its butt in the next episode.
Sad part is that there's a decent potential of this happening.

Last edited:

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
The only dumb thing I see them doing is not mentioning Drayden, but I think it will happen. Overall, I think the episode will be decent as long as the battle is good and Iris is in character, which isn't really difficult. Of course it's going to be rushed, have a bland """flashback""" (if you can even call a generic pic a flashback) and if Axew has evolved, any explanation will also feel extremely rushed. Not to mention the possible unnecessary segment for Goh. But that's what you get with this series and its fear to double episodes.

Last edited:

Applecorp

Do we seriously have to wait until the top 100 to get something other than a 2v2 or 1v1? *sigh*

I hope the episode is strictly focused on Ash and Iris, spend the time catching up with Iris and if Haxorus really did evolve, maybe explain when and how that happened rather than brush it off? While the rest of the episode is dedicated to their battle. No screen time wasted away on more cardboard captures please, Iris was a freaking main character!

Hopefully Cilan appears soon with a Simisage
Not that I disagree but I think it's so hilarious that most people hated Iris and couldn't wait to see the last of her but now suddenly everyone is all in favor of her coming back while totally against Goh doing anything in this episode. Funny how it took Goh being introduced to make people miss Iris. :p

Morax

King of heroes
Not that I disagree but I think it's so hilarious that most people hated Iris and couldn't wait to see the last of her but now suddenly everyone is all in favor of her coming back while totally against Goh doing anything in this episode. Funny how it took Goh being introduced to make people miss Iris. :p
And people will miss goh when he's gone :)

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
It just feels like it’s being rushed since people are so used to the anime (and tournament arcs in general) consistently showing the characters’ progress. Whether it’s showing how Ash earned each of his gym badges, seeing all of Goku & friends’ matches in the World Martial Arts tournaments, or watching all of the battles Yugi & Joey had in Duelist Kingdom/Battle City before making it to the finals, people got to see the characters’ progression every step of the way, so seeing how the World Championships are skipping more matches than the Kalos League (yes, I will never let go of that) feels like Ash isn’t earning his spot in the rankings

I get that, since the set-up is different. But again - to use my race game analogy: I just gained more then 350 positions because I received 12 points for a 1st place in one single 3-car race. So I don't see it as a problem if Ash's ranking jumps up a few 100 in the lower tiers when he wins a battle against a higher ranked trainer.

Wow, so you already saw the episode?

No? But so far we've seen that PWC is 1v1 or 2v2. Having a full battle out of nowhere seems really unlikely.

Manifesting that Iris' uses Emolga. If I recall didn't Emolga have like two battles in the entire series? I think one was with Bianca and the other with Stephen. Poor thing never got any spotlight.

Tell that to Snivy (battlewise -for one of Ash's starters- it has little to no impressive feats) or Palpitoad (screentimewise).

Considering Iris’ team and now a potential fully evolved Axew; she probably is the strongest companion Ash has had.

Only if she fully evolved both Axew and Gible. Dawn is packing Mamoswine and Togekiss (now a Fairy-type), and might have an Icebeam wielding (Mega-)Lopunny and Typhlosion. So she'd be well equiped to handle Iris' team.

Not to mention May, who has Blaziken, Venusaur, Glaceon and might have a Blastoise and Snorlax by now.

I still see enough people hating on Iris..

DuskAstral

he's leaving.
Why is that? The fact that everyone has left so far does not mean that this will also be the case here. On top of that, Gou wants to catch all the Pokémon, and the easiest way to do this is when you leave him permanently, and you can't forget that he also promotes "Pokémon Go"

DuskAstral

Yes, that is absolutely the case here. Gou is not an exception.
I don't see any reason why he should leave. Besides, the current series in Japan is just "Pocket Monsters", so I think that everything that is in the series (Gou character, work for Sakuragi, PWC etc, will be here permanently)

D

Deleted member 384931

Hearing how this episode seems go, it worrys me for gary, i really dont want them to just pretend hes now a battle guy and drop the whole "his goal is to be a poke professor now" i really dont want them to mess with garys growth.
I mean batteling is also researching? Cant everyone compete in the PWC?

Hearing how this episode seems go, it worrys me for gary, i really dont want them to just pretend hes now a battle guy and drop the whole "his goal is to be a poke professor now" i really dont want them to mess with garys growth.
Agreed, This episode will turn out badly because It will be rushed, I hope Gary will stay Pokemon Professor so that He might talk to Ash, not goh.
that's up to bede and his hatterene to make his appearance.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
It seems to me that anyone with Pokémon can sign up (even professors). It has never been stated that only trainers can participate.

I think the point being made is that the person thinks that Gary battling in the PWC is a distraction from his own personal goal, becoming a professor. I mean trying to get a high ranking in the PWC apparently takes effort and time. How much time you have in a day is limited, so having to spend a precious resource like time in something other then your own goal would apparently be a distraction?

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Based on things until now, Iris' Dragonite has a advantage over Ash's, because not only Iris' Dragonite had a better move-set (unless they change its battle move-set in this episode), it was also a battle-junkie type and has more experience in battles (both prior and after Iris getting it).

Status
Not open for further replies.